scarf CAL

bobwilson123

hi everyone :hi

this is my first attempt to start a CAL

i have to make a hole heap of scarves before end of april. sooo if any one wants to join me in a CAL, lets go :cheer

you can make them any design, color, shape, lengh etc....just need a bit of motivation and i thought that this CAL might be a great idea:hook

thanks hope you can join me

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I might get in on this cal I need to crochet a scarf for my sister her birthday is coming on the 15th I have a scarf I am thinking about Skinny Minnie found the pattern in the Crocheted Scarves book by Candi Jensen. I plan to use Patons Classic Yarn already have one color and I need to get another to go with the one I already have Petal Pink and I think Patons has a off white that will go very well with the Petal Pink. So I think I am in on the cal maybe more scarves after this one. Theresa

I hate hate hate scarfs so maybe a CAL will turn me around!

What is a good patern for someone who doesnt like scarfs?

all i do to make a scarf is make a loose foundation chain as long as you want the scarf to be, then crochet back along in whatever stich you want to use eg. DC SC etc and then just crochet back and forth, dont forget your turning chain and after you have a few rows its finished !

i always use a chunky hook 8mm and up, so it make a really chunky scaft

i put some fancy/fluffy yarn with some normal yarn 8ply/worsted, add some tassels and bobs ya uncle !

chocsprinkles.jpg

This is what I got done last night. I'm just putting it away to have on hand...possibly for next Christmas. I used Fancy Fur that I found at Dollar Tree and brown worsted weight yarn. It's 6 feet long and 2 1/2 inches wide. I used a K hook.

now that i ike i love all the differnt colors in the yarn i always make my scarf short and fat ;) never thought of making it long and skinny...now where is my hook:hook

Clare, tell us about the stitch and yarn you used for that silvery gray scarf you are modeling.

ok here goes , dont forget these are aussie terms :D

size 9mm hook

grey 8ply or worsted weight and a fluffy grey white blackish colored yarn (great description:lol ) its the colors you can see in the picture, i think it was 8 - 14 ply :think it didnt say on the label its just one from the $2 shop

i did a foundation chain...about140cm long

DC into 2ch from hook and then DC across

ch 1, turn, then DC across (repeat until wide enough)

add tassel if you like. im not a tassel person ;)

and i think that is about it :scrachin

I'm IN. I bought a bunch of yarn cheap to make scarves for a fundraiser at work that's not happening. I guess now I'll make them as gifts or give to another fundraiser (maybe PL's Make a Blanket Day next month). I've already made three very easy scarves.

Joyce

Oh my, I wish I would have seen this before Christmas. :( I had to make six scarves before Christmas Eve. This CAL is a great idea! Good luck everyone! :cheer

I would like to join this one as well...as long as I've been crocheting, I've never crocheted a scarf:think . I've always knitted my scarfs.

Now the hunt will be on for a decent pattern...and I'll have yet another WIP to add to my list!

Excellent scarf Clare! I love it! I always wondered what to do with novelty yarn I've seen around, and never thought to combine it with 8ply to make something....must give that a go...I've got far too much of that "feathery" yarn around.

Archived