Sexy Wispy Shawl

FlowerPower06

I made this Sexy Wispy Shawl for myself to wear on my Anniversary which is 12/31...I wore it to work and now have 2 "orders" to make for co-workers. One in Black and One in White. I get my best advertisement by wearing the items I make.

I made it EXTRA long by doing the initial base chain longer than the instructions call for. You can see how long by looking closer to the floor. For the orders I have, I will follow the pattern as the ladies do not want their shawls that long.

I used this pattern: http://spotlight.com.au/__data/page/8602/Black_Wisp_Shawl.pdf

wispyshawl1copy.jpg

Very pretty! I recently printed out the pattern myself! You did a great job!

Thanks for everyone's compliments.

This shawl works up so quick and it is so sexy! My hubby really liked it!! :devil

That's very pretty. I notice that the pattern is on an Australian website. Are the instructions British or U.S.? And, did you have Moda Vera Wisp -- or what yarn did you substitute?

The instructions are US, the only European reference I could see was the hook size. I substituted RH Soft for the Moda Vera.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just may have to try that pattern. Your choice of RH Soft sounds like a good idea. I did translate the hook size to an I, too. But just wondered about the stitches, because UK sc is US dc, their dc is our trc, etc.

You know...come to think of it...you're right but I did all US stitches and it came out looking like the picture..LOL...I never even gave it a second thought. I say go with the US stitches :yes

Very pretty; definitely anniversary material. How many years?

It's the second time around for both of us and the last time as my hubby says.....it will be our 5th Anniversary.

Funny story real quick...I have literally known my current husband all my life. He was best friends with my older brother, they ran around together as kids, we lived within 2 blocks of each for many, many years. My current SIL used to babysit me and my younger brother. I can remember catching them smoking cigarettes in the woods and telling on them, etc. Well, we grew up, went our separate ways, married different people, had kids, divorced and found each other again. He didn't see me as that lil dorky, mouth full of metal kid any more and I didn't see him as that tall, skinny, smart alec older boy anymore. We fell in love and married.....and the rest is history. :manyheart

Well you are one up on me. I live in Australia and Spotlight is like my second home (To the point I do not tell hubby I am going) I had not seen that pattern before today. The patterns are in British terms. If anyone has problems converting it, check this site out

http://www.crochetaustralia.com.au/webcontent3.htm

Sam

Archived