My 14 yr old son's WIP-it's finished! Post #35 - DISHCLOTHS

Mom w/a Motif

:devil He did see it. He just looked at me and said 'Mom....' :lol

He finished it. I am going to get him some more contrasting color for the border. He just crocheted it til he ran out of yarn. :yarn I'll post a picture when he's done with it.

Those dishcloths are beautifully done. His work is just great! The photo of him as a baby is so adorable! I'm sure he'd hate it if he found you'd posted THAT photo!:rofl

:rofl Oh my:eek

Can't wait to see it when he is finished!!!!:clap:cheer

:devil He did see it. He just looked at me and said 'Mom....' :lol

He finished it. I am going to get him some more contrasting color for the border. He just crocheted it til he ran out of yarn. :yarn I'll post a picture when he's done with it.

Hee Hee! Drew, I told him 'There's a Crochet Dude at Crochetville'. He said 'It's a guy?' I'll show him your blog later, and how you wrote a book. You might be his new idol... :P

I *think* he was twelve when he started. But he's been wanting to since he was a baby as you can see from the picture in post #20.... :lol

this is so neat! when did he start crocheting?

That is quite impressive and you definitely should be very proud of him =) I am hoping one day my son will show an interest. He says it's for girls inspite of the fact his dad knows how to both crochet and knit, and so did my dad hehe.

I think that's wonderful, whoever he's making it for.

I wish my DD had picked up the love I have for the craft. Maybe one day.

Don't give up! I really hated when my mom crocheted stuff for me when I was a kid. I never had any interest in it at all. Then when I turned 19 we worked on a project together (an afghan made of squares, all we could really do since she's a lefty and I am a righty)...now here I am 30 years old and way more addicted than she ever was. I can do more stitches, and use thread in many sizes, which she can't do. So now I am the one all obsessed, but she loves and appreciates everything I make for her, and I do make a ton for her to make up for all the stuff she made that I poo poo'd about.

He just finished it this afternoon. I got him some contrasting/matching blue to do the edge; since he crocheted til he ran out of the white variegated....

th_Picture1252.jpg

(Clickable.)

I don't know if I mentioned he did this all on his own, no pattern at all. Just figured it out and did it. :yes

Tina

P.S. He said 'You can have it'. :lol:c9

Tina- Your son did an excellent job!!! :clap :clap :clap I knew that he would end up giving it to you too. Now the question is - will you use it or will you save it?;)

Tina- Your son did an excellent job!!! :clap :clap :clap I knew that he would end up giving it to you too. Now the question is - will you use it or will you save it?;)

I think I will save it. :yes Since I pouted so much when he said 'No' he wasn't giving it to me. I will put it in a special place and make a big fuss over it when anyone comes over. :manyheart

Yup.:yes

he did a really great job being a young man .. did you teach him?

Did you see this post?...

Thank you everyone. Here is a picture of him when he was a baby. 1-2 (??) maybe 18 months... I took it to WalMart this morning and put it on a CD then on my computer... (this was pre-digital camera days when I took this picture.) I think it is so cute.

th_001_12.jpg

(Clickable.)

I don't think any of our other two boys did that. He was always getting my hooks and yarn. So I gave him the big plastic one (so he wouldn't poke his eye out.) He'd sit there with his binky in his mouth and try to crochet... :manyheart

His teacher last year (a male) asked the whole class if anyone crocheted. He (the teacher) said he did. Only one boy raised his hand. I asked him if he raised his. 'No. The kid who raised his hand was a geek.' So I think he is only comfortable with letting his family know he crochets. (He wouldn't say it in front of the whole class, type thing...) But still I think it's cool. To Pauletter and Jenn- whose fourteen year old sons crochet(ed), mine crocheted a couple GBA cases. He even made one for his friend. (The other one was for him, and for his little brother...) Maybe if they could crochet something cool they might get interested in it...:shrug

• 3 weeks later...

He did a great job. My son is twenty and we had a knitting class at the library where we work and he tried his hand at knitting. When he was younger he would love to just sit and make a chain as long as he could make it while I crocheted.

Thank you everyone! I did get him two of his own hooks (besides the G I gave him), and a mega tube of M&M's. He's more organized than I am now. :lol

You have a great son and he does a good job of crocheting. A set of his own hooks would be a nice gift.

my son is 10 soon to be 11 and he is learning to crochet with me my grandma taught me many years ago to knit i never got any where with that but did pick up crochet fairly easily i think it is so much fun to sit with my son and show him a sc or dc or help him with his chain really brings us together. your son did a great job on his project you are for sure a proud mom

Archived