Thread Santa

BarbaraJean

Let me start out by saying - I can't take credit for this little darling. And he is much more adorable than you can tell in the picture. I came across him today at a Flea Market and my hubby bought him for me.

He is made of a very delicate and silky thread. It's something I've not worked with and I'm not even sure if I've ever seen this kind of thread.

Look closely at the bag slung over his shoulder. There are 3 crocheted gifts in the bag. And he's wearing a cloak over his gown. I just fell in love with him.

notminereducedko8.jpg

looks like pearl cotton maybe and he's beautiful. congrats on such a great find!

Thanks! I'm almost ashamed to admit that he was only $8.00. There was also a crocheted thread tree skirt at the same table. It had a snow flake pattern in it and it was only $45!

Embroidery thread?

(bear with me. I'm just curious.)

It's possible. I'll check embroidery thread the next time I'm at Wal*Mart and let you know. :yes

Its so cute, such a creative piece!:manyheart

Its kinda sad to think that its only $8., that the seller probably doesnt think its worth much... But I'm happy for you that you found it, and now it is valued well.:hook

Yes, and cherished! It's they type of thing that I would never have the patience to make for myself.

it's adorable and the price was increadible. i would love to get one of those. it was a very good find.

There was a snowman too. He didn't have as much detail to him but still, he was very well done and cute too. I just fell in love with the Santa. :manyheart

I have one of those!! Now, to make all of you really mad, a few years ago I saw these at K-Mart, of all places. They were made in China, so don't be concerned about the crafter who made them asking too little for her work. I bought two snowmen. They are made of rayon thread and have lots of pearls on them. I got them on the after Christmas sale and, if I recall correctly, I paid $1 or $2 each. So keep your eyes open at K-Mart! They are exquisite!

Archived