Olivia's Blanket

theworm

I'm working on a blanket for my great-niece. It's my first tapestry design using Kim's great design. I've only finished the center section, but I'm having fun.

Can't blog - I found out that my niece reads my blog, and that would ruin the suprise, but here's what I have so far. :)

th_IMG_3220.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

I was so intimidated by this one, but the pattern is so well written, it's really not too hard!

I started with the center because the outside seemed really complicated, but I read through it all last night and Kim did a great job explaining - I can't wait to start! Would have started last night, but my cat needed to sit in my lap. :)

I worked on it on and off taking turns between that and some other projects, but I think that part took about 3 evenings - so maybe 6 hours? Maybe a bit more? It was my first graph so I took my time, but once I got started it went pretty quickly. I'm hoping that if I work just on one project I can get the whole blanket finished next week. :)

That is so neat! I have a great-niece named Olivia, too! :eek She was just born a couple months ago. And, I just started to do graph crochet as well. (For my other niece...) It is not really that hard; but it does take some concentration. What you have so far is great! :yes Can't wait to see the finished project. :hook

Tina

Uh Oh!!

Looks like I screwed up BIG time! :(

If I want to give this as a Christmas gift, I'll never be able to finish if I start over. I'm thinking maybe - just maybe, I can figure out how to make the center hole smaller using some sort of open stitch pattern and attach it. Then do the outside border. I'm bummed. :(

I made a lot of mistakes on the outside mat - kept losing my count, but I kept correcting. The name section is pretty good, but they just don't work together. ARgh!

Help!!!

th_IMG_3225.jpg

First off, it's completely normal for the center piece to "appear" that it doesn't fit. This was your first attempt at graph work in single crochet, I believe (if I'm remember our emails correctly). You just made it a little on the tight side from the looks of it. But, don't dispair! This is an easy, easy fix.

First, I can't tell by the picture completely, but it looks like you didn't do the round of single crochet around the inner side of the outside border and the outer round of single crochet around the center mat. That's going to pull it in some more. But, if you still need a little extra, do a couple more rounds of single crochet around the mat and I'll bet it's going to be perfect.

:yes

So I shouldn't cry?

Yes - you're right. I didn't do the inside/outside s/c. I guess I can do those and do extra top and bottom if necessary. I LOVE the pattern and I will be making more, but I had hoped to give this for Christmas to my new Great-niece. Thank you so much, Kim!

I'll try that and let you know how I do! I feel better now! :)

So I shouldn't cry?

Yes - you're right. I didn't do the inside/outside s/c. I guess I can do those and do extra top and bottom if necessary. I LOVE the pattern and I will be making more, but I had hoped to give this for Christmas to my new Great-niece. Thank you so much, Kim!

I'll try that and let you know how I do! I feel better now! :)

Oh, no! Definitely no crying! You did an amazing job. We'll just need to tweek it a little bit and it's going to be gorgeous. :clap

Archived