Olivia's Blanket

theworm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the second one is under way.

This time I'm using Bernat Softee Baby in Lemon and bright pink. I like the bright colors, but for some reason the pink is much thinner than the yellow, and it made the letters look less clean than in the Olivia version. Tomorrow night I start on the heart border. :)

Wow! Looks like Ava is coming along very quickly! :cheer

I'm working on the heart border of the Ava bracelet. Have the bottom and most of one side done. I hope to finish over the weekend (or sooner!)

I checked last night, and it looks like the name section is going to fit perfectly in the border! Yay!!!

The first one I did in Caron Super Soft. It really is very soft and comfie, but the stitches stretch a bit and that's probably why the size was so off.

Ava's is being done in Baby Softee. It's heavier and not as soft as the first, but the stitches seem to hold more tightly. :) I'll post a picture when I'm done.

I'm having so much fun with this pattern!

Thanks Kim - for sharing your pattern and for the encouragement!

I just LOVE the pattern. Either your being nice or you didn't notice my mistakes. I think this is my new favorite pattern!

Honey, they both look terrific to me. We are all our own worst critics. When we look at a project that we've done ourselves, our mistakes seem to glare at us. But, when someone looks at the overall projects, we see nothing but beauty. You are being much too hard on yourself. :hook

I have finished four of these, and am in the process of making three more now. My last one was for my soon to be born grandson named Trevor James. Instead of using the hearts I put both his first and middle names on it. Everyone loved this at the baby shower which is why I am now making three more. I don't mind hearts on a boys blanket, but I understand that some people think that makes it girly. The first and middle names solved this problem for me. And thank you Kim for such a great pattern!!

I would probably say it's intermediate.

The center graphs were my first tapestry type projects. It wasn't hard if you take your time and count it out. I "flipped" the graph in paint and printed it out regular and in reverse so that I could work each row from left to right.

I actually had a harder time with the hearts, but if you take your time and count as you go its not hard.

This style of crochet is one I have not attempted. I am however a freak for anything personalized. I have a niece name Olivia who would flip out if I made something like it. Thanks for sharing because I am now re-inspired.

Its agreat pattern, I made Kim's blanket for my sister's friend who just had a baby and she was besides herself when she saw his name on it (John). She was so thrilled with it my sister said that she can't wait to use it.

It made it all worthwhile to know it was greatly appreciated.:yay

Archived