A gift for a little girl for her Xmas (img heavy)

Aelita

Okay this lady came into our job good friend of one of our co workers and she had about five kids leftover from the Angel Tree. Well I saw that the last child was a 5 yr old girl. I asked did the toy have to be brand new and inside a box and she said no as long as it was clean and in good condition. Well me and Lucy went thru her toys that she has abandoned and found a doll she no longer plays with. She told me I could give it to the little girl for her xmas and so I made clothes for it.

Here is the first outfir I made for the doll:

000_0688.jpg

The tank and skirt I made up myself but the booties are from Abigail Goss her site is called Crotiques I think and the hat in this outfit I got from Bev's site but it was called Teresa's 10 minute hats and it does only take 10 minutes to make the hat.

Here is the back of the outfit:

000_0691.jpg

this is my first time sewing on snaps, I sure hope the black thread is okay.

Here is outfit number two:

000_0695.jpg

Now the top I redid the one I had on it before. The pattern for the top I got from a site called Angelcrafts which is a site that has patterns for charities and stuff, but the pattern is called "Eyelette(spelled wrong I know) stitch top" and the hat she has on in this pic is from Crochet Garden and it's a free pattern it's called "Tiny Blossoms Precious Preemie hat" and I added string so it can be tied under the chin.

000_0694.jpg

Close up of the hat. And here are the outfits not on the baby doll:

000_0692.jpg

000_0693.jpg

The booties are from Abigails site too they are called Sockies I ran out of the pink yarn so the sockies are white there. I also got her an outfit for herself, a bag to carry her baby clothes in and a blanket for her baby Lucy is not parting with her baby blanket,I also got her some crayons and a coloring book. I hope she likes all these things I got for her. Feedback is greatly appreciated and thnx for looking.

these are very sweet designs and such a lovely thing to do! you are about to make her a very happy little girl :)

Thanx alot this is my first year doing something like this and to be honest it gives me a good feeling inside knowing I am helping a child have a nice xmas this year. I don't normally get anything for xmas but as long as she is happy then I am happy. I also told Lucy that she is helping out as well b/c she is the one who said she could have the doll and for a 3 yr old she is very kind hearted she loves to share which is good I think.

The outfits and doll are precious. It sounds like all the other things you're giving are perfect too. I have to say that the best part of the story is the gift you are giving Lucy - the gift of giving. Thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

very nice. The little girl will love the doll and the cute outfits. Great job. Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays.

:manyheart

Would you mind if I make a suggestion? Instead of snaps, velcro might serve a child better. There is always a chance with snaps that one will come loose and might get swallowed.

How wonderful!

That little girl is going to love her new doll and all her pretty clothing!

It was really sweet of your daughter to give up her doll, and the outfits that you made are precious!

That is just great. I am sure the little girl will just love the doll and clothing. We use to do that where I worked.

It takes such little time and makes you feel really really good.

Good For you and your daughter.:hook

Archived