If you could crochet with any type/brand of yarn......

which would you choose??? :bheart

I have never felt alpacha yarn....is that nice to work with?? :think How about that brand called Colinette?? (I'm not sure on the spelling of that one~since I haven't ever see it!)

I have seen yarn online that was very expensive......are they really worth it??

Share your favorites!!

mgf~:yay

Colinette yarn! I had my answer ready when I read the question, before I saw you mention that brand. :lol Oh it's lovely.

And I really think my favorite type of yarn to work with is handpainted mohair. Mmmmmmmm. I bought another brand and it just didn't quite feel as.... hmm, exquisite as theirs. :lol

As far as fiber goes, Baby alpaca is the best! :c9 I absolutely LOVE the feel of it. It is one of those yarns that I could just sit and pet forever. ( I know mohair is great, but I don't like the fuzzy/shedding aspect to it). Can you tell I am on a baby alpaca kick?

I also love Malabrigo merino wool yarn, it is soft and comes in beautiful vibrant colors. Also Manos Del Uruguay in their beautiful handpainted wools. I love just about everything that is handpainted!!!

KnitPicks.com has a wonderful yarn called Andean Treasure (I think that's right). It's baby alpaca and is so soft. I'm making my mother a scarf for her birthday out of it and I just enjoy the feel of it in my hands.

I Pretty much only crochet with Red Heart SS and Caron SS because that is what I can afford but I have seen a yarn called Nano. It is Japanese and has some beautiful colors. I would love to try a bit of the silk wool blends they have.

I Pretty much only crochet with Red Heart SS and Caron SS because that is what I can afford but I have seen a yarn called Nano. It is Japanese and has some beautiful colors. I would love to try a bit of the silk wool blends they have.

Are you thinking of Noro Silk? http://www.stringofpurls.com/Silk_Garden_Yarn_p/silkgarden.htm

I am pretty much with poison apple and I don't even think about yarns that I cannot afford to buy.

I did recently work with Bernat Big Value Denim Heather and it was so lovely to work with. I knit that scarf in record time because the yarn was such a pleasure to handle.

I absolutely love "Highland Thistle" by yarn bee (?) I buy it at Hobby Lobby, it's thick, soft, verigated in bright colors and it has a thin (something like) fun fur in it, they have this white, gold, and fuscha color, it's great, makes great hats! Regular price is about $5 and something. 1 Skein will pretty much make 1 hat, if it isn't to big. (I only buy it on sale, about 2 times! hehe ;)

Oh there are so many that I love to crochet with that it is really hard for me to choose a favorite. I really love natural fibers though like wool and silk. I think Knitpicks wools are very nice and not too far out of price reach.

I haven't used much wool yarn. It tends to be too hot for it where I live. I like the cotton and cotton blend yarns. I enjoyed working with the TLC Cotton Plus, and I plan to use it in the future for garments and such.

I like the Angel Hair yarn from JoAnns, and Homespun (which I learned with). Also, Lucious by Yarn Bee is, well, lucious. :) Overall, though, Homespun is my preferred yarn. Soft, easy to dump in the washer and dryer, and works up quick. Lion Chenille Thick & Quick is also nice to work with, but bugger all that special cleaning. Grrr. Me likes me washer and dryer. ;)

My favorites at Michael's:

Homespun (GREAT colors, totally soft, works up quickly)

Caron SS (I just love how it feels)

Bernat Satin (my new fave!!! very similar to SS)

My favorite at the LYS:

Cascade Cherub Collection... it's absolutely perfect for baby stuff; easy-care acrylic, soft as a lamb, great colors. :)

Also, I'll take anything cashmere or cashmerino when I can find it (and afford it!)

For me it would be the Noro Silk. I touched it when I was in London in October (but I purchased the Noro Kureyon instead, which was way cheaper) I love the Noro colors, you can't get them in Vienna, so they are really very very special for me.

Archived