Finally finished Celeste's Bobbling Along Aran Tote

simonssez

I started this project back in july, set it aside several times to make projects that were more "timely", then ran out of yarn. The skein I was using was 3 years old so matching it was a pain. But I finally completed it! (even working non stop I don't think I could've done it in a weekend!) The last stitches just went in the lining and its in the dryer getting the stray dog hairs it picked up during assembly out.

http://www.simonssez.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/showtote.jpg

(it's the newest project at the top of the page)

OOps...I meant to add that this will be hitting the post office monday to be sent to my best friend for her bday!

I can't really see the details very well but overall it looks great, I like the shape :) I adore the lining fabric you've used, very bright and fun!

-- Michelle

I love it! The lining is great, I love the bright surprise. May I ask where you got the pattern? I have a few women I can think of that would love to see that under their tree this year :D

I'm sorry...I actually meant to link it in my post. Shame on me! It's a pattern developed by a great member here, Celestial Seasons...

Bobbling Along Aran Tote

It is hard to see the details since the yarn is so dark but, surprisingly, in person it comes out very clear. I might try to get some pics outside today, see if that helps.

Great Work!

I'm so glad to see a picture of someone holding it. I've wanted to make but not enough to make it a priority. I knew the pattern was a tote but for some reason I still had a vision of it being smaller.

Now I REALLY want to make it.

:cheer Very nice. Great bag.

That pattern brought back memories of the waistcoats I made back in the 70s, in a very similar stitch.

I still have the one I made for my husband.

I used to love doing Aran Crochet.

As they say, "Thanks for the memories."

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Celeste really wrote up a great pattern. Anyone that wants a tote, I urge you to try it. It took me a bit to get it going...mainly b/c I'm still a novice and I had to piddle to my fpdc's working right, etc. Once I did, it was easy, just took a little time. (But I was also working on numerous other things). Its nice and sturdy and the size is PERFECT. Not on the smaller size like a purse, but not too big to not carry over your shoulder. And you can customize the length of the strap for your own preference. A+ to you Celeste...if "I" can do it ANYONE can! I'll be starting one in a lightly heathered mauvey shade soon for my sister. Will post pics of it too, the detail should show better on it!

Archived