my 1st dishcloths

Blueat40

After seeing all the beautiful dishcloths done by others here in the 'ville, I thought I'd try my hand at them. (Not new to crochet, but I usually do afghans and for some reason a dishcloth seemed scary to me :D .)

Here they are -

1stdishcloth.jpg

Colorfuldishcloths.jpg

Your dishcloths are absolutely beautiful! For your first try at making them, you get a 5 star rating from me :D and three cheers too! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Those are great! I love my crocheted dishcloths, they're all I use now. I really like the first one you showed. Was it the pattern that got the cool "X's" or was it to do with a varigated yarn? I'd love to know where you got the pattern though, I really like dishcloths that aren't too 'holey'.

Thank you for all your kind comments. :blush I think I might be addicted to making these now.

The blue one was made with sugar 'n cream denim. I started these while in the ER with my husband's aunt (89 and fell and broke her hip-DH is her guardian) so the pattern is in that crochet bag that I took with me. When I find the bag, in the chaos that is my house, I'll put the link on this thread.

Isn't it funny how I can find time to crochet :hook, but not the time to clean my house like it needs (it really needs a top to bottom good old fashion cleaning)!:think Oh well, such is life. Like I told my husband once, the day I die someone will wear clothes and eat so there will be dirty clothes and dishes in this house and I'll never be caught up so why stress out about it!:lol

I hear you about the cleaning house dilema....I'm in the same nightmare. One day, when the energy strikes me, it will all get done....I just have my own health issues to take care of first.

love the blue one! and i love how the varigated ones keep the color scheme going.

sorry to hear about your aunt

and i so understand the house cleaning thing.

i'm lucky though, half the time dh does it

I must say, I am very confused by crocheted or knitted dishcloths. Yours are very pretty - they must look nice in the kitchen :)

-- Michelle

Why be confused? We pretty much use cotton cloths instead of paper towels anymore. And germs grow in sponges. When we're done, we just toss the cotton dishcloths in the wash and they come out nice, soft and fluffy. A dishcloth is a nice, carry-along project. They make nice gifts too with some pretty soap.

What great dishcloths!!!!:manyheart I only use crocheted dishcloths now. Someone (can't remember who) on C'Ville got me addicted to 'em.:devil

I would love to know where I can find the patterns for all.

Beautiful!!!!

Why be confused? We pretty much use cotton cloths instead of paper towels anymore. And germs grow in sponges. When we're done, we just toss the cotton dishcloths in the wash and they come out nice, soft and fluffy. A dishcloth is a nice, carry-along project. They make nice gifts too with some pretty soap.

Well, crocheted or knitted dishcloths aren't the 'done thing' here, it would seem. I've asked lots of people (including older people who I thought would have an idea about them) but when I say "crocheted dishcloth" they say "do you mean a tea-towel?" :)

I think they're lovely and I have a pattern book for them (a Leisure Arts one) but I still find the concept a bit confusing...do they replace the sponge to wash the dishes or do they replace the tea-towel / paper towel to dry the dishes? :) I can't be the only Aussie who always wanted to ask these silly questions about dishcloths, can I?

-- Michelle (who is really not as stupid as she must sound right about now).

I use only crocheted dishcloths now to wash my dishes, wipe my counters, clean up any spills, etc. I use a new one every day, throwing the dirty one in the wash. I still use a regular old teatowel to dry dishes, unless the rare occasion all mine are dirty, then I have a couple of extra large dishcloths that I use to dry. I also use the xl ones as hotmats sometimes for hot pots or food dishes on my table.

Until I started crocheting, I never knew anyone else who used crocheted/knitted dishcloths. Although I have now since converted my mom who just started making her own too!

Archived