Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Haven't checked in on this in a few days...Of course I haven't crocheted much in the past few days (school politics...college is an amazing extension of high school) but now I'm back (I think) and ready to get going again.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

As stated I was going to finish my two this weekend. DH decided that he wanted to go out looking at fall colors on Saturday and it kind of threw off my schedule. Didn't take any crocheting with me, I too wanted to see the colors. Somedays I wish I could capture those beautiful tree colors along with the crisp blue sky and make an afghan of that....... sorry I slid off the thought path.....:think Oh yeah, I finished both ghans and will be posting a picture soon. I like to take the photos outdoors for the lighting.

I may do that early tomorrow morning then post them later.

Any way I am ready to turn in now to dream of the next crocheting project. I need to assemble some squares together for another ghan. Then I think I will do another rectangle this time in bright white with a border in lilac. Thats the thought process now, but then again I am off to dream land.....:c9 and Joann's has a coupon that expires on the 9th for 50% off one item and I have noticed new colors in the Joann Sensation Rainbow boucle........:manyheart think I have an idea.....:yes

I think I should join! Would be my first CAL since I just joined. I already have a giant granny started for my mom.(started spring of '05 :eek when I was pregnant, since then I have been on busy baby duty) Maybe this Cal will give me the motivation to get this granny done in time for her B-day or later for Christmas.:cheer Count me in!

I'm currantly working in a varigated and solids of green and tans.

Hi Evelyn

It is so good to see you over here. It looks like a few of us are congregating over here again. It's good to see a familiar name since there are so many new people here that I'm not yet acquainted with .

Your afghan sounds pretty and like it was a lot of work ! I hope your computer will work well enough to post a photo of it.

Yea, the afghan they are working on in here is either one big square granny afghan, or one big rectangle . I am doing the rectangle one . It isn't BIG yet, but it's growing a little at a time .

If you are between projects, maybe you'd like to join in if you have extra yarn sitting there waiting to be used !

Again, it's good to see you .:manyheart (ALL of you guys ...)

I got started on my rectangle granny Friday evening as planned and got about 9 rounds done before...I decided to frog it and start over! :eek I'm using Homespun, which is kind-of stretchy and it was turning out too "open". So I frogged and elminated the chain one on the sides (I kept the chain one in the corners) and it looks much better. :clap The yarn is stretchy enough that it looks like the chain one is still there.

I have about 9 rounds done again :cheer and I'll post a picture tomorrow! I was running late for work this morning and didn't have time to snap one. Of course, I should have taken one last night before I went to bed, but I didn't want to stop crocheting! :P

They all look great! Looking at them is giving me ideas for the next one...and the next one...and the one after that! :devil I really like this pattern, it works up so quickly and looks so nice, I think I have figured out what most people on my Christmas gift list are going to be getting. :manyheart

Hi Renee :manyheart

Yep, I have been reading up on all these CAL's over here and couldn't resist !

You know me and the CAL's ....

----------

I do! I just wish I could find the time right now to work on some of them. BTW, we've tried to keep the 63 More going along, too. You should pop over and see Ilene's fantastic afghan.

Kelly I had to laugh at you talking about fall colours as we have had bits of snow here. Just in the mornings and it is gone by the afternoon. I think I might have to go into Whitehorse soon and get straw for the dog houses (and the lys).

Yes, purple is one of my favourite colours.:lol The pink variegated is a red heart 12 oz skein.

Rachel

Well, Renee

Maybe in a few weeks when you get your big commitments over with you will have time to jump in here. I will definitely have to make a

run over to the 63 more and see one finished . I am sure glad there are others out there that stuck with it and completed it ! Good for them !:cheer

Hi, I'd like to jump in if I could. I'm new here and this will be my first CAL. I've always liked doing granny squares, their pretty easy and quick. I've started a rectangle granny and got about 8 rows done so far. I'm using Bernat Softee Baby since thats what I have the most of right now.

Just check out my blog below for a picture.

Rachel, here in Austin we're expecting the first of the arctic fronts for the fall season by Thursday. The high on Th is expected to be only 69-70, and the low overnight will dip into the 40s! I can't wait!

Dianna, I love the colors of your granny as well!

Rachel, here in Austin we're expecting the first of the arctic fronts for the fall season by Thursday. The high on Th is expected to be only 69-70, and the low overnight will dip into the 40s! I can't wait!

We are?? Thanks for the notice, Renee! I guess I haven't been keeping up with the news lately... I have to go home and move all of my "winter" clothes from home to my apt. now.

You're back! :cheer:manyheart
Hi, Julie! It is so good to see you back! You have been greatly missed; the quiltghan CAL proceeded a lot more sedately after you left.....

And I am so ready to start a homespun stitch-into-chain-space pattern, I think I'll do something manic and start one tonight. Despite the fact I've got at least 4 other projects at risk of UFO-dom. Hoping this'll help me get over my slump and finish those others, too. :lol:hook

Umm, Melissa? Can I play in your CAL, pretty please? Got a ton of homespun in various colors, and AJ and knit errant's sierra/rococco combo afghans made in Erin's pattern look gorgeous! You can almost see the softness.... (and if folks like a pastel colorway, check out snarflemarfle's 'ghan from Erin's pattern: http://snarfle.blogspot.com/2006/09/i-have-finished-another-baby-blanket.html. While you're drooling over AJ's giant granny, make sure you browse her other 'ghans on the same page , including another rectangle granny in blues/greens - made me want to try each one!:nworthy)

Erin, thank you so much for putting such care and detail into your posted pattern - I think you've made a lot of folks very happy (and I'm not just talking about the recipients of your FO's :flower) Your suggestions on color separation here in this thread are also very helpful, and I'm already thinking of how to use up that eclectic stash of homespun....

Hi Patricia !

I answered you in the other thread, but will here too as well. It is GREAT to be back and to see all my old pals again. Wow, you have been one busy lady from the looks of your list of accomplishments ! And now you are ready to give the Homespun a try ! That really is beautiful yarn and so nice and thick, it should make a great warm afghan for winter .

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm glad the quilt thread kept going without me. I like the word sedate-- it was probably more "sane " without all my cutting-up all the time !

I do have those funny things hit once in awhile and I have to put them someplace, so here they went !:hook

Hi, Julie (I'll go back to look; I suspect we're playing "post-tag") thank you for the compliment - but that list has looked the same for months! :blush I'm thinking of taking all of it out of my signature because it's tattling on me!

Well, sedate is kind of nice for some things, but I'm not sure it's all that helpful in a CAL. I *need* energy to keep going! I just posted in the UFO CAL that my project for that CAL was a UFO! :eek (doesn't get any scarier than that, eh?). I think today was the first day in waaaay too long that I even clicked on "new posts" instead of just checking my thread subscription list.

so, here's to a quick victory in the Giant Granny CAL :party

and ..... Viva' creative cutting-up! :rofl:hug:heehee:laughroll:cheer

Well, Patricia,

Stick with me if you want someone to CATTLE-PROD you into getting your projects done. I'll see what I can do about the CUTTING-UP too. That just kinda comes out when the right mood strikes !

Anyhow, I am sure glad to hear from you. We'll see if we can get some action going , huh ?

Believe me, I know what you mean about signing up in the UFO section for another UFO... geez, these things are addicting aren't they ?

Worse than Mad Dog .:D

Hello Melissa:flower

I would like to join in too:cheer , last week, I finished a big granny for a christmas gift, and now, I just got started on a another rectangle granny, for a gift also, but this one is going to be a little smaller, it's for our great grandaughter, & every time I say that I feel so old:eek , but I'm not really,:yay

I started it this morning, & I am on the 6th row, so back to crocheting:hook :yes

I always use Erin Lindsey's rectangular granny afghan pattern, it's a lot of fun, and easy too:yes

Oh my all of your ghans are beautiful, I have so much sitting here waiting for me to do something with it and yet for a hairdresser that can do color I suck at putting together color combos to do something like this. It really makes me want to scrap the graph ghan I've been working on and do something like this . I may need Julie to get the bat out and beat me with it lol.

Archived