Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Hey Julie....You know I haven't been able to stay away from a cal that you poke and push around in....lol...lol....and since I'm so glad to see your in it....I'm in it..lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tabby

I'm glad you got a good start last night. I'll be watching for the picture ! It doesn't take long to go through a skein with this one, does it ? I think it's because it's so quick and easy . it goes faster .

Olga-

Thank you so much ! It's always good to see you in the CAL's that I'm in ! You keep me laughing . You have a great sense of humor . I'll be watching for your update on yours too .

I just finished the orange today and am on the black row, then will go on to red next .

Christine

Yea, you will about need sunglasses for this one, but it's for a 4 year old so I went with lots of bright colors.

I am now on yellow - it's getting pretty big . I have to finish the yellow, then a row of black, then I'm gonna wrap it up with blue .

I hope to be done by the end of the weekend if possible. I'll post a photo then .

I am looking at 4 hours in my car today so I think I'm gonna leave the tartan home and try to get some traveling work done on this one. I'm not sure if it will make me car sick so I figure something I don't have to look at as much would probably be better. Lets hope it works and it doesn't make me sick lol *crosses fingers*

as promised here are pixs of the finished grannies - Finally a nice day to take the pix outside:clap

BTW - yes I know a real finished ghan has its tails tucked :blush - I gather everything together from the week and on Sunday's I weave in all the ends, that way I start the new week fresh

Any way here they are:

th_Picture024.jpg th_Picture019.jpg th_Picture020.jpg th_Picture023.jpg

And here is the newest member being worked on - using Joann's Rainbow Boucle color called berries, it is really soft, I wil have to wait until next week to get another skein (on sale for $6.00, may have to use the 40% for a better price)

th_Picture021.jpg th_Picture022.jpg

Anyway this has been the greatest and I have all of you to thanks for the motivation.

I am thinking of more color schemes while trying to fall asleep:c9

Kelly

this is such an awesome pattern. I already bookmarked it and may try later. I will make one for my brother who doesn't wear blanket at night. His reason is he doesn't want anything heavy on top of him and other blankets make him itch. He's 12 years old and always has a cold or a flu because he doesn't wear a blanket :( .

I'm looking for something soft and lightweight to make a blanket or a giant afghan for him. It seems like LB homespun is good but I've heard it sheds a lot. Maybe pairing homespun with Caron simply soft may help?

I'm looking for something soft and lightweight to make a blanket or a giant afghan for him. It seems like LB homespun is good but I've heard it sheds a lot. Maybe pairing homespun with Caron simply soft may help?

I have used Caron Simply soft and made a ghan with it- it is heavy (at least the pattern I used) Have not done a complete ghan with homespun -so can't comment there. But try Joann's sensation rainbow boucle, very lightweight - it is available on line if you do not have a Joann's near you.

These are just my thoughts....:manyheart

Kelly

Tami~Beautiful start, I really love the colors. Great job!:cheer

Kelly~Beautiful ghans, all of them. Nice color schemes, great job!:clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had cub scouts last night & then a late night at Wally World. I didn't get home until 10 & then had to put the kiddies to bed so it was a late night. I was exhausted by time all of that was over so no progress made here. Hopefully today, i'll keep my fingers crossed but who knows what the hubby has planned for his day off. MEN...........:devil

as promised here are pixs of the finished grannies - Finally a nice day to take the pix outside:clap

BTW - yes I know a real finished ghan has its tails tucked :blush - I gather everything together from the week and on Sunday's I weave in all the ends, that way I start the new week fresh

Any way here they are:

And here is the newest member being worked on - using Joann's Rainbow Boucle color called berries, it is really soft, I wil have to wait until next week to get another skein (on sale for $6.00, may have to use the 40% for a better price)

Anyway this has been the greatest and I have all of you to thanks for the motivation.

I am thinking of more color schemes while trying to fall asleep:c9

Kelly

I really like the red, white and blue one. My favorite colors to crochet with are red, white, and blue.

I had read several months back that someone was doing a rectangle with the Joann's Rainbow Boucle' (was that you?)...I'd been wondering how one would turn out with that. (especially since I have 3 skeins of the green Rainbow in my closet, just waiting for a project) I did a half granny square shawl with some blue Rainbow earlier this summer.

Tami-Looks good so far, I like the colors!:cheer

Kelly-Those all look beautiful. Nice colors!:cheer

I haven't done too much on my rectangle granny, I'm up to about row 20 now, but it seems to be getting long but not very wide. Looks more like a table runner or something! :scrachin Oh well, I'll keep going, but I started making a baby pncho for my neice, so we'll see how it goes!:D

:D Love the pics! thanks for sharing, I have started a rectangle with boucle for baby colors that I have left all over the place, it is working up really fast with a K hook, might be done with the first one this weekend, this is addictive... rather dream about color schemes like Kelly anyday... see ya

Tami and Kelly :applause

Very pretty pictures ! Great work, both of you . Kelly, you must be speedy to get so many done so quick !

Tami- love the blues and browns, just gorgeous. What color did you say that variegated is called ?

Here is mine , finished about 10 minutes ago . Get out your sunglasses !

th_100_2927.jpg

Hi Tabby !:waving

Hi Andrea

Thanks-

I used about 32 oz , I would guess and it was almost big enough to fit on the top square part of a double bed, with no hangover on any sides.

I didn't measure it, and already sent it home with Cam, so I don't know the exact inches it was, but it was pretty big for a 4 year old !

I used an I hook .

Hope this helps !

Julie it is very colourful and I am sure he will love it. They are happy and fun colours and they combine beautifully. :clap

I am still plodding along on my Orange Blues as I frogged the large section I did last night. Mine now measures 48X42 inches and I am working in granny square so it is taking me a while to get around each row.

Good Saturday Afternoon to everyone:clap

I have to admit, in the last part of this week, I haven't worked on my granny too much, because I lost all of my blog, I went to the blogger beta, & everything was gone:think :eek so?? I have another blog with blogger, & I think I like this one even better:yes ,so anyway, if you would like to visit, all of you are more then welcome!! it has taken so many hours to try to get everything the way I want it, with asking my DH if it looks right :yes:hook so I'll get busy & try to finish it this weekend...hope :hook

Julie Kaye, your granny is really pretty, and as for the question you asked me about if I had the other 'ghan's colors picked out?? our day bed in our den is FULL of yarn:2hug :eek the next one, is going to be a rainbow granny for one of our grandaughters, and the next one will be white-grey- & delft blue, the next one?? I would like to do it in all light peach with some soft white in between the peach, for our other son & daughter-in-law in az.... I want to make 2 colors of blue, & white, for one, & I'm not really sure about the last one, maybe one like the rasberry, or all in colors of turquoise;!!!!

so, I have to get busy, I've been sitting here all day, working on the computer, & my blog:eek & need to go sit on our couch & put my feet up, & crochet !!!

All of the rest of you ladies, your grannies are soooo pretty:c9

Hello Julie! :hi I love your ghan, it is so pretty. I bet Cam loved it with all those bright colors. :clap Are you going to make another one? I know you want to, it's just calling your name. :devil If so what colors will you use this time? If you don't have anyone to make one for i'm available. :blush:lol Maybe, you can make on for your hubby now. So, did it work? Will you start another one? HeeHee, I hope so. Have a good night! :hug

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh BTW, I didn't work on mine yet today. YIKES! I know, I know. But, my Dad was soooo bored so I went to keep him company for awhile. Much needed time. I came home to my living room being switched around. :rant Why do men mess with our stuff? :yell I hate it! It looks stupid & none of it's balanced right. It is annoying the heck out of me. :thair He says "it looks bigger" & I say "I liked my cozy LR just the way it was". He covered up my thermostat for the heat, he also put the fish tank on my chest that I keep my yarn in, so now am I suppose to get in it? I could name tons more but I will stop ranting now, thanks for listening though. I guess I have to deal with it for now but he's going to get it. :tryme I am going to go crochet now to calm myself down. :hook

Ok Iam fairley new here and was wondering if someone is wanting to see how many people they can get to make this rectangler granny square afghan :confused or what is going on :shrug If it is I want in :clap I have one that I have been working on and using the red heart camo yarn and also using dk. green in between every few rows. The only thing I don't like about the camo yarn is it is not as soft and it smells funny :worried

Brenda,I did one similar to what you're doing and I had the same complaint with the camo yarn!:angryhttp://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29482

After it was washed with some fabric softner and dried with a dryer sheet it was better.

What is up with RH yarn,anyhow,,The cherry red I'm using now is bigger than the blue and white,,, GGGGGurrs me off!! Does anyone have a phone number for RH?? I know I've seen it in the 'ville but can't find it now!

Anyhow,Brenda,,Can't wait to see a picture!!:yes

Archived