Fall Poncho (Sept 7 2006 CPaD)

librarycat513

I was going through my calendar, saw the pattern and had to do it. I chose to do it in stripes instead of all one color, and I love how it turned out. It's quite warm and heavy too, perfect for the cooler weather up here in NY. Anywho, I thought I'd share.

Sorry about the cruddy photo. My digital camera is old (1.3 megapixel) and tends to take dark pictures, even with flash)

FallPoncho-Homespun.jpg

Ohhhh, I really like it...What pattern did it come from? I have been looking for a pretty mitered poncho pattern, but all the ones I find are kind of...ugly!! :rofl This is so beautiful, though, great job! :cheer

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I worried so as I worked the pattern that it wouldn't fit, but as you can see it came out just fine. And it's so comfortable, a definite bonus considering working with Homespun can be such a chore.

Ohhhh, I really like it...What pattern did it come from?

The pattern is the Sept 7th pattern from the 2006 Crochet Pattern-a-Day Calendar. It calls for 4 skeins of Homespun in a single color, and as you can see I decided one color wasn't enough. :D

were can I purchase the calander? I looked on Barnes and Noble , ebay and could not find it? I love the poncho and would like to try my hand at making one.. thank you..

Since it was this year's calendar, it may be hard to find a copy online. I did get one hit for it at Abebooks, but the seller wants $32 for it! :eek

Keep checking eBay to see if anyone puts up the calendar when they get the 2007 version.

were can I purchase the calander? I looked on Barnes and Noble , ebay and could not find it? I love the poncho and would like to try my hand at making one.. thank you..

I actually have an extra one...was going to give it to my mom and never got around to it....where can i send it?

That is a lovely peice of work!! I love your color picks there, and yes, I too find homespun to be a challenge to work with, I crochet wayyyyyyy too tight and am finding it a pain...lol...great job!

I actually have an extra one...was going to give it to my mom and never got around to it....where can i send it?

Wow, that's really great of you! That's one of the many reasons I love it at C'ville. I'm sure oklababydoll4u will love it. :D

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. I'm really loving the poncho so far. Wore it today, it was actually kind of coolish out, and it kept me good and warm. All I need is a light windbreaker under it and I'm all set.

:hook

Archived