Sports Team Afghan CAL

lee_ann

Bump.....I'm still in very slow progress. I want to finish and know the end result will be good, but I can't get motivated to get to it! All the strings to weave in, the color changes....sigh! But I will get back to it. The woman I'm making it for is going to pay me. Just an update.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...I finished 3 more rows on the NASCAR afghan...I usually love graphs but This one is almost putting em over the top! It will look great though... I just hope it doesnt end up in the tent when ds(25) camps out when he attends the races... Apparently it is like Woodstock for car racing at those places...

This thread just came to my attention today. I apologize, or I would have addressed the problems it contains much earlier.

First, I was very surprised at all the copyright violations contained in this thread. Our forum guidelines are clear about this issue: if you didn't take the photo or don't have permission from the photographer, it's a violation of our forum guidelines to post it here. Some people may have forgotten what our guidelines are or may have never read them, so I would like to request that everyone who posted a picture of a team logo in this thread to please review our forum guidelines post as well as the links therein to a couple of other posts about the copyright issue.

The second issue concerns patterns featuring trademarked images/characters. There were a couple links within this thread to sites featuring patterns based on trademarked images/characters without the designer having obtained proper licensing permission from the trademark owners to distribute the patterns. I believe most (if not all) of these posts were made prior to the big announcement I made in the Original Patterns folders about the serious issues related to trademark infringement when patterns are distributed (whether for sale or for free) without the required licensing arrangements. Since this is such an important issue, I'd also like to request that everyone participating in this thread take a few minutes to read that post, since much of the information is new here at Crochetville.

I don't want to highjack this thread and get it off topic, so if anybody has questions or concerns about the copyright/trademark issue, you're welcome to either PM or email me or to start a new thread about it if you'd like to have a public discussion. Either way is fine with me. I just want to make sure everyone understands what our guidelines are (and why we have to be so strict on this issue) and does their best to follow them from this point on. :) The 'Ville is highly visible on the internet now, and we don't want to draw any attention that could get us involved in a lawsuit which could result in the loss of the 'Ville. :no

Oh, I forgot to state that while we can't allow patterns to be posted, you are more than welcome to post pictures of your finished items or your WIPs. Posting your completed item is not a violation of any copyright or trademark law that I'm aware of, so those are very much welcomed and encouraged!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I just found this thread and thought why not. My dad is a huge high school football fan, well at least for the school that I graduated from so I am making him a stadium blanket with the school colors in 12 in squares and a 2 ft by 4ft center panel with the CA in it. I am very excited but I really cant start on it until I finish 3 other projects but hopefully after christmas I can get to work on it. YAY!!

I sooooooooo gave up on my Jays blanket. Just not gonna happen.

anyhoo. I am now considering a nascar themed ghan for my Younger son.

he loves all nascar but his "driver" has been jimmy Johnson. I have pics for logos for both of these.

Which would be better received the general Nascar or the specific driver?

This is to be a surprise so i can't ask him.

If you could have seen the barely concealed rolled eyes when I suggested a 'ghan for his truck... well y'all know that one I'm sure so I want to dazzle him with this.

Hey darski, I made that NASCAR afghan for ds#1 and he LOVED it... I swear he almost cried! He said at the races those type of htings sell for a couple of hundred dollars ( maybe he was crying with tears of joy cause he was going to sell it:()... anyhow.. there were ALOT of color changes with that one...I guess less with a single driver...

Oh well... let us know what you do...

Hey darski, I made that NASCAR afghan for ds#1 and he LOVED it... I swear he almost cried! He said at the races those type of htings sell for a couple of hundred dollars ( maybe he was crying with tears of joy cause he was going to sell it:()... anyhow.. there were ALOT of color changes with that one...I guess less with a single driver...

Oh well... let us know what you do...

i knew you had done one and went looking for the picture you posted (I thnk) and couldn't find it. I was going to be "inspired " by your effort.

you did a checkered flag didn't you or something like that?

Both patterns are 160 by 128 rows so I think it will need some add ons for whicheve one I try.

I was wondering...I'm doing this MN gophers ghan and I was inspired with the size from one of you ladies here. I forget who it was:blush They made a buccs blanket for their dh and used over 30,000 single crochets. I was planning on something of similar size with the single crochets for my dh. I was just wondering if you just made one big piece and what size hook you used. Just so I have some sort of idea. I was planning on doing it in one big piece with a size I. Am I biting off too big of a piece with that? LOL Or am I on the right track?

Thank you Lea. i really like that one. it looks great and my Brad would love it.

I want to add the checkerboard effect but this will be in a distance hauling truck so I don't think too much white would be helpful :heehee

I love what you did. i remember thinking it was so neat when you posted it.

Donna, It may be a challenge but you have people here who live to help each other. if you are game to try we will be game to help you.

Well, I started a Texas Longhorns afghan for my teenaged daughter, so I thought I'd join. I'll really be sick of 'rh copper' by the time I'm done with this one, that's for sure!!

I finally found my yarn and have gotten a small start on it. I was wondering how is everyone keeping track of their stitches? Are you using stitch markers? My afghan is going to be 200 long and a lot of rows lol. I was hoping to get some ideas from everyone so I don't get lost and have to keep recounting.

I'm thinking about joining you all on this one. I am still very new to crochet but I found an afghan pattern I really like for WVU. It is all single crochet so that I know I can do. I don't know how hard it is to keep changing colors for the pattern. I may have to wait on this one until I have more experience.

Thanks,

Greg

Ok, I'm in. This will actually be my very first project. I can't believe I am undertaing this asa my first. Anyway, I am doing a WVU - Mountaineers afghan that is completely SC. I actually bought the pattern but wasn't satified with it so I modified it quite a bit to suit my needs. The entire afghan will be 211 stiches by 267 so I believe that should be quite large. Since this is my first it will probably take me forever so I will be here for a long time. Oh and did I mention I am going to add fringes to the entire afghan...I know I am crazy!

Greg

WIP - WVU Mountaineers Afghan

WIP - Rectangular Granny Square Afghan

Well I am having a hard time doing this since I am only working on it when dh is not home lol. I have finally gotten almost 15 rows out of the 162 so I definitely have a ways to go. It doesn't look like much yet just a really long strip of gold. Once I start adding the second color in I'll get a picture of it. I haven't figured out how I'm going to finish it yet though. I really like Tampagirls way of finishing it but I'm worried it might be too warm. I may just put a single crochet all around. Any ideas would be great. It's going to be all single crochets and it'll be 200x162.

i just saw this post about red heart copper being discontiued its actually still available on the coats and clark website in the classic size but i thought i would pass along that super saver carrot is an almost exact match to the copper and you get 7 oz instead of 3.5 i use copper for making tiggers and have since switched to carrot since its easier to find just thought i would share

Archived