Sports Team Afghan CAL

lee_ann

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, new question! I think I have it figured out that 'Big' and 'XL' are just too big (if I'm reading the graph correctly, then its stiches x rows). But when I do the 'Regular' size, I get it in the right size, but the edges of the logo are blurry, I can't make out the word 'Steelers' (I can't figure out how to add a pdf file to show what I'm talking about).

Is this what its supposed to look like, or have I done something wrong?

I'm a little confused by the graph site. I have found the logo I'm going to use, and am all ready to upload it to the KnitPro website, but I'm not sure of what 'Grid Size' I need. There's three choices:

Regular (48w x 64h)

Big (96w x 120h)

XL (120w x 160h)

Which is the best choice for an afghan? Or does it matter? I'd like to make a decent size blanket (my hubby is a bigger guy), so would it be better to choose the 'Big' or 'XL' size? Maybe this has nothing to do with the afghan size and I'm just really confused? Thanks!

I would get the XL size because you are going to want at least 160 stitches across and you get more detail in the larger grid.

I did the Big and it wasn't enough for my purposes. I did not get much detail at all.

i'm using the xl grid as well, but it's not really that big either, so i'm going to make a nice border for it to make it the size i want.

i started mine today, i think i was crazy to try this at all, lol. i hate weaving in ends and thats all i seem to be doing. i figured i'd try to weave them as i go, cause if i get to the end and look back at all that weaving i may never finish it.

Ok, I think I have the grid size figured, XL does have alot more detail. But I've decided to push this off until after Christmas and do it for my husbands birthday in June. I just have way to many other projects I want to make for gifts for family members and I just made him an afghan a few months ago.

Good luck to everyone else though! I can't wait to see how things are coming along and hopefully pick up some tips!

Ok, the awful truth will be told... I just tested the length of 160 chains and then ...what can one really tell from a few chains... so one must then sc across the chains so I think I have started this one.

Boy, you turn your back for a second and these WIP's just appear from nowhere... :D:hook

I wasn't paying much attention when I printed my pattern and I got the 114 stich pattern instead of my 160 stitch pattern and now my printer is refusing to print my blue.

i have a few rows done at the 160 stitch level (only 32 in the whole pattern) but my best (aka largest) chart is that 114 stitch chart. any suggestions about whether to creat a 114 stitch pattern oon my 160 st base or to just rip it out and start over with the 114 good chart?

I was always going to have to build on from this logo in some way because the logo is long and low.

Well I've decided that with all the projects I have on the go for Xmas, I'm going to put off my Steelers ghan until after Christmas and do it for my hubby's birthday in June. I just don't have time to sneak in a project when hubbys not home. But I am defianatly going to follow along and can't wait to see everyone else's ghans!

Hey Tinkerpuppet, I wanted to start a Steeler ghan too, but like you I have too much going, but I'm still contemplating starting one anyway. I'm the Steeler fan so I don't have to try to work around hubby. lol

Mine is going to be a mess of ends and I don't want to work them in until I am convinced I will continue with this and not go sit in the Frog pond... why are there never any comfortable lily pads in that place eh?

mine is 124 wide and 114 high if i am reading the chart i made off right. for some reason that doesnt seem like it will be big enough hmmm. I love the idea of doing a sc. i wonder if i can do it that way, i have never done a graph ghan so im thinking simple should be my route.

i decided to use single crochet because i'm only using two different colors and each color section is a considerable size, soo i figured that would be my best bet. i, too, have never done a graph ghan before, so i'm pretty much making up my strategy as i go.

LOL good then I wont be the only one . I just wish I knew which one was gonna be my best route. although mine might turn out to be way to difficult for me I'm doing ohio state or attempting to which is on my blog since i cant seem to get pics in a forum at all.

Can anyone get a close up picture of the "wrong" side of your 'ghan where you pick up the "other" color. I don't know if I am picking it up correctly and if I am able to see someone elses work I think I can figure it out. I am having fun trying this graph ghan but it is hard now that I got to the color changes. LOL. Thanks in advance, Kelly.

I'm getting ready to start mine tonite I just went and found all my bobbins. I'm not sure what hook to use but if you think K is best then I'll have to see if I have that one. If not I know I have a J. They are hard to find around here anymore.

Archived