Beginning Felting Crochet-Along

MommaChelle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my yarn and hook today. I have never crocheted anything with such a huge hook before. :eek I'm going to practice with it a bit this weekend.

It was hard to pick colors not knowing what I was making. For me I need to see it in order to visualize the way I would like to make it. I got the Lion Prints in Majestic Mountain ( I think that is what it was called) and got a brown as a cooridinating color.

K..I got dark brown & cream Paton's merino wool & some brown sparkly eyelash yarn just in case and last but not least-my P hook. So! I am ready. :)

Ooh, that color combination sounds pretty...I was looking at the yarn the other day and I couldn't decide what colors to get, because I didn't know what it was going to look like. I almost went for fall colors (oranges & reds), but I don't really wear clothes that color. :lol I thought I might wait until we get the pattern and run out that day to get the yarn.

I like the sound of yours though. What brand of eyelash yarn did you get?

Ooh, that color combination sounds pretty...I was looking at the yarn the other day and I couldn't decide what colors to get, because I didn't know what it was going to look like. I almost went for fall colors (oranges & reds), but I don't really wear clothes that color. :lol I thought I might wait until we get the pattern and run out that day to get the yarn.

I like the sound of yours though. What brand of eyelash yarn did you get?

I think it is some lion brand..I'm not positive-but it has sparkles in it. I've been wondering what to use it for, and this might be it. I'll have to wait for Monday & see what the pattern sounds like too. am so excited about this..the suspense is killing me! :eek You know I was thinking about oranges & reds too, I really like fall colors. I think that would make a beautiful bag.Even if you don't wear those colors, it would be pretty.

OK, I am ready to go - I went and bought my yarn. I am going with black and grey and I forgot to buy my fun fur but can always go back and get some. Now I have to remember that I belong to this crochet along!!!! :cheer

I've got my hook and my main color

Patons Classic Wool Merino in Royal Purple

for my accent color I'm trying to decide between Peacock (dark teal) and Harvest (Dark teal, Royal purple, leaf green, and burgandy verigated).

I'm leaning more towards the harvest right now. Either way I'm waiting until tomorrow to pick it up in hopes that Michaels has a coupon.

Mandi

I'll pick up one of the skeins of yarn at Hobby Lobby tomorrow..yes they do have the 40% coupon this week. And hooks are on sale also, so I'll pick up my hook as well.

I'm still not sure if I can felt in my washer. Someone over at the felting forum here at Crochetville suggested that I crochet a swatch, throw it in my washer and see if that will felt. I'll do that tomorrow night.

Assuming I can felt in my machine (or I get good instructions on how to felt without a maching), I'll probably be about a day behind most of y'all in the actual crocheting of the bag, but I can easily catch up....depending on how simple or complex the pattern is. I'm assuming it's a fairly simple bag that can be crocheted in a few hours.

That is, I'm hoping.

Count me in too, I've been wanting to felt a purse , this will keep me on track. I have my yarn, I just have to double check for the 'p' hook!!

I've never done a crochet along this should be fun!!!

Cheryl

Archived