Beginning Felting Crochet-Along

MommaChelle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just emailed *mommachelle* Hopefully she will get back to us.:think Praying that nothing has happened to her or her family.:xfin I was also thinking that there are soo many of us wanting to do this CAL maybe we should just start with another pattern and hope *Chelle* comes back to us. I found this site and it looks easy enough. http://123crochet.blogspot.com/2006/01/small-project-tote.html

We can still do it as *Chelle* planned...all hook together and felt together and then dry together also. Let me know what ya'll think?

I will start this in about 48 hours. Want to give *chelle* time. Means starting Wednesday Oct 4, 2006.

You know, there as a different bag I've had on my "to do" list for a long time. Maybe I'll work on that one if we don't hear from Chelle...I'd still be making a bag to felt, it just wouldn't be THE bag.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this link, but this is the one I've had my eye on, and it sounds really similar to the one she had planned for us.

http://fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/fuzzybag.shtml

I don't mean to come off as abrasive here, but I think it would be rude to start a different project when mommachelle is the one that got us all together and is willing to help us along the way! I for one will be waiting for her return - and saying some prayers for her safety in the meantime.

I think if you'd like to start a different felting project as a CAL, start a new thread.

just my :2c

Hmm...I believe when the idea of starting a different project was posted, the person who suggested it also said she was hoping everything was ok, and said we could wait a few days to see how it turns out.

I was mearly mentioning that there was a similar project I have been considering for some time. Would you really even know if I was working on a different bag while this CAL was moving along?

Yeah, maybe I'll just do it myself.

Give the poor girl a break; will ya!...... She's probably just having a long weekend.

There are already nine pages here and we haven't even started. She probably decided it was too hard and ran a mile. Just imagine how many pages there will be after we all start bombarding her with questions.

;)

My comment was not meant to be a personal attack (on ANYONE here -- which I *did* clearly state) -- I honestly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just saw the thread going in a different direction...that's all.

I just emailed *mommachelle* Hopefully she will get back to us.:think Praying that nothing has happened to her or her family.:xfin I was also thinking that there are soo many of us wanting to do this CAL maybe we should just start with another pattern and hope *Chelle* comes back to us. I found this site and it looks easy enough. http://123crochet.blogspot.com/2006/01/small-project-tote.html

We can still do it as *Chelle* planned...all hook together and felt together and then dry together also. Let me know what ya'll think?

I will start this in about 48 hours. Want to give *chelle* time. Means starting Wednesday Oct 4, 2006.

Actually, dsabol, I was responding to acrhttcwgrl's "Let me know what ya'll think" comment. nothing to do with your post at all......

Maybe I was wrong in the way I said some things..And I am sorry if anyone thought I was in the wrong. It was just a thought as no one has heard from the gal since she started the CAL, and I know I am on a budget and have bought the yarn(which wasn't cheap) and dont like having it just sitting, when I planned on it for a Christmas gift. I am willing to wait, but I think I am going to drop out of this CAL and do my own felting project. Ya'll have fun. Will check the pictures when they are posted.

PLEASE don't drop out. I don't see any reason why you should. I see nothing wrong with suggesting that we look at other projects and wait a few days to see what happens.

She never said when we would start, and it's been over a week since anyone heard from her. No one knows what we're supposed to be doing. I hope she's ok, too. But all you did was make a suggestion. There's no crime in that.

Personally, if we don't hear anything by the end of the week, I might start my own bag to felt, and I don't see why this can't be a general "felt-along" type thing if we don't hear from her. So we're not working on the same bag, but we're still DOING A BAG and felting it. Know what I mean?

I don't know. I guess not everyone agrees. If not, I suppose we could start our own CAL and make it more of a general thing.

Ack! Sorry everyone for my long return! I love you all ((HUGS)) and thank you so much for your patience. It never fails, as soon as you start something new a million other things come up trying to take you away from the new project you've started.

Okay, it sounds like everyone has their yarn and hooks and are ready to go! I will post the pattern tonight and will probably post the *before* picture tomorrow morning (better lighting). This bag is super easy to work up and will look just fabulous when finished ;)

I think Im going to use 4 small D-Rings for the bag handles, and 4 beads (one bead for each end of the handles next to the bag - pony beads work well), but you can just sew your handles directly onto the bag if you dont have or cant get D-Rings.

Everyone excited!!?? I know you are :) Im off to finish the pattern for you so we can get this going!

Chelle,

Glad to hear from you and glad to hear that life just got busy (as it has a way of doing eh?).

Since you haven't been around I wanted to let you know that the ville is scheduled for a shutdown tonight at 11pm until 5 am Wednesday morning.

Glad your back and I'm excited to start!

What time zone is chelle in for me at this moment it is 10:53 im in eastern standard time. Ive been sitting here waiting to get the pattern as I may not get on tomorrow and wanted to have it to take with me and start.

the original post told us to order: 2 balls Main Color, 1 ball contrasting color

the pattern on the blog says to begin - Holding two strands of CC together

I know how to hold two strands together with two different skeins of yarn but how do I do that with the CC since there is only one skein :think

I would love to join this CAL. I have patterns and lots of wool yarn but have not jumped in to actually try felting before and this seems like a good place to start :hook . I have a P hook and will get working on this tonight after work.

Janet .... I have used double from one skein before for a scarf I was working on. What I did was started rolling the end into a ball and tried to get it about half of the skein and then cut it off and used one ball and the rest of the skein for two strands held together.

Archived