Beginning Felting Crochet-Along

MommaChelle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the number on your hook? Because, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe different companies use different letters for the numbers...like, LB may not use the same letter for, say, a 9mm hook as JoAnn's would...just a suggestion.

Liberty: I suspect your problem is not with you, it is with your yarn. Different brands have different amounts in them. For instance, the Patons SWS yarn only has 110 yards in a skein, while their (Patons) Classic Merino Wool yarn has 223 yards in it. Both can be used in felting...

Also, some brands put less yarn in a varigated skein.

Hang in there. Your purse will probably be just fine. What yarn are you useing?

I am using the Patons Classic Merino Wool and the numbers on my P hook say 11.50 mm.

I am normally very nice and even with my tension. Never too loose and never too tight. I bought more yarn and material to line it. Hopefully it will work out. I plan to finish it tonight and felt it either tomorrow or Saturday. Big or not I'm not frogging this thing. :hook

O.kay... I finished it and here are the before felting pictures. I will attach the handles with the D rings after felting. I also bought the lining and magnetic snap closure.

I wish I could have found a fun fur like yours Chelle. Is your from Yarn Bee? I saw some like it today but couldn't find it in brown. :(

So... I used Eyelash instead.

crochet005.jpg

crochet006.jpg

Cant wait to see the after pics Theresa!! I used bernat boa yarn for my fun fur edging. I did use an eyelash yarn for my other bag I made (knit) and it turned out really pretty. The eyelash gets so much softer and even slightly fuller after washing.

Wendy, Im not very good at defining this so maybe someone else can answer :)

Here is a picture of my purse...finally posting!! :cheer I've been using it all week. I didn't add the fuzzy yarn edge ,just used the contrasting color. I added a flap to help close the bag....it opened too easy when full of stuff!! The hanging picture has stuff in the purse the second is before I filled it...I forgot to take a before felting picture.

This is the first picture post I've done hope it works, then I will share my many other projects that I have been inspired to do since joining crochetville!!!

Cheryl

brownfeltedpursehanging.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p181/Mapleleafmom2006/brownfeltedpurse.jpg

Nice bag Cheryl.

My bag is just about dry and then I'll finish up with the handles. I made the 2 that were in the pattern but I'm not sure i'm going to use them. They turned out shorter than I would have liked so I may just grab some handles and use those instead. I'll get a finished picture up sometime in the coming week.

Here is a picture of my purse...finally posting!! :cheer I've been using it all week. I didn't add the fuzzy yarn edge ,just used the contrasting color. I added a flap to help close the bag....it opened too easy when full of stuff!! The hanging picture has stuff in the purse the second is before I filled it...I forgot to take a before felting picture.

This is the first picture post I've done hope it works, then I will share my many other projects that I have been inspired to do since joining crochetville!!!

Cheryl

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p181/Mapleleafmom2006/brownfeltedpurse.jpg

Great job! I really like the flap too.:clap

• 2 weeks later...

:cheer All the bags look great! I've been using my bag too for my bible study and home group books. I changed my mind about using it as my purse because I didnt have any pockets in it - the next one will have pockets :)

SO ladies, anyone else have pictures of their bags?!!

I have been busy and didn't notice this crochet along. I have the wool already, printed out the pattern and will start tomorrow. My hubby is having minor surgery, and this will be a perfect project. I have wanted to try felting and this is such a good time to start! Thanks Chelle for your pattern. It is perfect!

Berni

• 2 months later...

Archived