Yeah so I spent a lot of time on Fridgies

hookjunky

Those look great, hookjunky!

I've made a couple of fridgies but I'm not sure how to finish them. Yours look so nice! Do you do anything to them, starch them or back them with anything? One of mine is a bacon and egg too :lol but it's made with embroidery floss and seems quite soft and floppy; I was wondering if they were supposed to be stiffened in some way.

Smiles,

Quote Night Owl

"Do you do anything to them, starch them or back them with anything? I was wondering if they were supposed to be stiffened in some way."

The trick for me is using cheap worsted weight it comes out really stiff. I think if you use embroidery floss you can spritz it with a water and glue mixture to stiffen it up.

That's a good idea; thanks, hookjunky! I hadn't thought of using glue.

If I have a fridgie pattern that calls for worsted weight, I tend to use something like 2 strands of #5 perle cotton instead and it comes out about two-thirds the size. The typical US fridge is far bigger than ours -- if I used Aran (worsted weight equivalent) one fridgie would cover the whole front! :rofl

Smiles,

HI There :

I love your fridgies... One of the things i do most is crocheted fridgies you ladies check out my website: http://www.geocities.com/cowhooked

you will see a link to magnets and there you can see all and really some of the many i make..

I have some even posted in my etsy store that i have made recently.

So my friend great job...

As for what to do to them, I only use worsted weight yarns and one thing i like to do to them is once i finish crocheting them before I go gluing the magnet I use hair spritz super hold and spray the back side of the flat fridgies to sort of stiffen them up a wee...

Something like full carrots like these you made i don't do nothing...

C U T E! The Frog is my fav.... I have made fridgies as well... with thread and turned them into lapel pins. It is amazing what you can do with the fridgies.... The Frog.... got to have the Frog! LOL Great Job!:hook

omgosh, i LOVe that frog, are these your own design, you go girl, my fridge could use some of those instead of all the reminders i have on it lol course i am getting a tad older now(will be 50 on oct 1st) so i need reminders:eek :eek lol thanks for sharing , if they are your own design are you going to post it here? or sell it even? i would love the frog:hug :hug

Archived