Astounding Price for Pattern Book!

birdlady1

Granted, it is the most sought-after pattern book these days: Annie's Attic Award Winning Afghans featuring the Cathedral Rose Window afghan. But with eight hours to go on the eBay auction, it's already at $76! :eek Take a look because seeing is believing! http://cgi.ebay.com/Award-Winning-Afghans-with-Catedral-Rose-Window-afghan_W0QQitemZ110024149638QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A few years ago, someone sold a pattern for a faux fur afghan hound for about $80. It was still a current pattern that was available for $8 on the designer's website.

That is absolutely crazy. The only pattern book I have that was outrageous price, my husband got me for Xmas and that was from 1873 and was $100, which considering the age and condition isn't bad. What is so special about this one from annie's, its not an antique and it doesn't have that many patterns. Could someone explain, is it that hard to find.

That is absolutely crazy. The only pattern book I have that was outrageous price, my husband got me for Xmas and that was from 1873 and was $100, which considering the age and condition isn't bad. What is so special about this one from annie's, its not an antique and it doesn't have that many patterns. Could someone explain, is it that hard to find.

I guess it's because of one unique design in the book that makes it so sought after...that and the fact the book is out of print. Hopefully, Annie's Attic will republish this book and put to rest all this crazy bidding on Ebay.

It's making me want to sell my copy!!! I'm thinking that if I keep it for 20 more years it will be worth thousands of dollars. I call it my "trust-fund pattern booklet".... :wink

:bounce

Pretty funny:lol . I think a lot of beanie baby collectors had that same idea!

Somewhere in a previous post a member reported that they had contacted Annie about this book and were told it was going to be reprinted.

I have had this book for a long time. I got it as a freebie from (Annie's? HOWB?) when I bought a hardcover book. I tried doing the afghan, but put it aside. I probably have already donated the yarn, so I would have to (1st) find the pattern book, not an easy job LOL and (2) buy the yarn, hoping the colors it calls for are NOT discontinued before I started it again.

If Annie's knew what it was selling for on Ebay, perhaps they might be inclined to reprint it, as one poster here stated they intended to.

I have had this book for a long time. I got it as a freebie from (Annie's? HOWB?) when I bought a hardcover book. I tried doing the afghan, but put it aside. I probably have already donated the yarn, so I would have to (1st) find the pattern book, not an easy job LOL and (2) buy the yarn, hoping the colors it calls for are NOT discontinued before I started it again.

If Annie's knew what it was selling for on Ebay, perhaps they might be inclined to reprint it, as one poster here stated they intended to.

I think Annie's was made aware of this book's popularity on eBay. So hopefully they're aware of the need to reproduce it! Another copy of the book just sold for just shy of $50 on eBay. There's another auction right now but the seller is asking for $8 in shipping from California:angry . I did report the excessive shipping to eBay. But that could explain why bidding is only at about $5.00 right now.......

I think Annie's was made aware of this book's popularity on eBay. So hopefully they're aware of the need to reproduce it! Another copy of the book just sold for just shy of $50 on eBay. There's another auction right now but the seller is asking for $8 in shipping from California:angry . I did report the excessive shipping to eBay. But that could explain why bidding is only at about $5.00 right now.......

$8 isn't excessive. I have seen shipping prices at $39.99 quite frequently. Many people do this so you'll see their auctions. They'll start the bidding at a penny but raise the shipping cost to cover them. In the end, the seller can just claim the high cost is for handling (the cost of the packaging materials and gas to drive it to the post office) and there's not a lot you can do.

That's why I look more carefully at the shipping costs than the actual auction price sometimes. Nowadays you need to be really careful on eBay...

Hi all

On a crochet mailing list I belong to, someone posted that Annie's Attic is publishing a new book featuring the Cathedral Window pattern and that it'll probably be out in early 2007. So Drew, it looks like you'd better get that copy up on Ebay fast! :lol

Annie's doesn't accept international orders so I'll have to hope I can finally get my paws on the pattern from another online store.

Smiles,

I have coveted this pattern book for a lonnnnnng time. I refuse to pay anything over $20. Call me cheap, I don't care.....I don't blame the people that are selling if for that price....I blame the crazy people that are willing to shell out that kind of money for a $10 pattern. They are the ones that are driving the price up so much. I guess I will never own this pattern with this kind of attitude!!!!

I had won this book on an Ebay auction last year for about $25.00. I decided I didn't like anything in it so I traded it to someone here at C'ville.

Maybe I should have waited and tried to resell it!:think LOL

Oh well, I hope they do republish the pattern soon, it really seems to be popular.

Archived