Green Doily

pb&j

I wish this were a better picture but here's my first attempt at a doily. It was easier than I thought however I had to translate the pattern from English instructions to American.

th_green-doily-img-0737.jpg

OMG! :eek That is your first attempt? I wouldn't have known unless you said so, because to me it looks like you've been doing it for a long time! Great work! I am looking forward to seeing many more of your doilies!

~ Lori

Great work - I don't know how anyone can work with thread, my fingers are just to clumbsy - and for a 1st attempt I'm so jealous. My first attempt at a doliy ended up in a big old knot.

There hasn't been a second attempt!

Fantastic job:applause! Especially for the first time AND haveing to convert it from British terms to American terms no less!:tup I am very impressed! I know that if I tried that, mine would be a terrible mess:blush! thanks for sharing:hug and it looks wonderful:heart in green!

That is beautiful; and a wonderful job for your first doily! I think I threw my first doily away (or gave it to my sister-in-law). :lol

You did a really great job! :clap

Tina

Thank you so much for the nice compliments, ladies! Doilies certainly are addicting. I've bought a doily book and am about to sit down and make another.

Sue, great job on your green doily. I'm glad you finally tried out thread crochet. I don't understand why so many are afraid to do thread crochet. Doilies are what I taught myself how to crochet with. I have to admit that when I first tried yarns, everything went really fast (it was a shell stitch shawl) and you see more results faster because everything is larger. I bet you find thread crochet addicting now that you've taken the plunge.:manyheart:yes

Archived