Crochet Christmas gift plans?

Hi! I was wondering what everybody is planning on making for Christmas gifts this year?

I am going to be making mason jars with prefilled cookie mix, and a dress shaped dish cloth that I found on minwifeof4's blog. It's sooooo cute!

For family I will be making the above plus something extra like a doily set.

Last year, I made a bunch of fuzzy scarves for the teachers of my son's school and my SIL's. I probably will make ornaments this year. I am looking for some cute patterns to make ornaments from. But right now, I am concentrating on getting stuff done for the fair. Once I complete my two last projects, then I go Head first into Christmas Mode!

Linda:manyheart

Hi! I was wondering what everybody is planning on making for Christmas gifts this year?

I am going to be making mason jars with prefilled cookie mix, and a dress shaped dish cloth that I found on minwifeof4's blog. It's sooooo cute!

For family I will be making the above plus something extra like a doily set.

Sounds like a grand plan.. those are so easy to whip up... and they ahve gone over well as gifts in the past...

:cheer

I am making fun fur scarves for my three friends. Every year we get together and go to dinner and exchange little gifts, over the years, grown to more bigger gifts, etc. We all used to work together and keep in touch thru the year and this is just something we do. I am also going to try and make them each a red scarf to be used for the holidays and thru to Valentines Day.

Female family members - aunts, cousins, mom, and sil and close friends are getting to pick from an assortment of scarves I have been making - whichever one they want. If they want a different color, etc. I can make it up for them and they would just have to wait a little bit.

Other than that, probably nothing else. Won't have time!

I just decided to make coasters-matched to the decor of families in our small group. I'vee done the cookie mix jars in the past & they were well recieved. I know I've liked the ones I've gotten.

I've started mine. I am making snowflakes and angel ornaments. I am also starting on an afghan for each child and grandchild (10 total).

Each year each child & grandchild receive an ornament. Last years ornament was cross stitched, the year before it was knit, etc. Sometimes they are wrapped as a gift, other times they are used to decorate the package.

I still have to purchase gifts, because my husband says the handmade gifts are from me and he doesn't have anything to give the kids. Go figure.

I'm making an afghan out of Lion Brand Wool-ease Chunky for some friends. Of course, I've taken complete leave of my senses, as I'm crocheting this thing in 90+ degree heat! I've been trying to sew together the squares as I go along, so I won't end up, yet again, sewing together little squares on Christmas Eve...:lol

ok, so I'm not the only one thinking this far ahead! I just love reading about everyone's plans, it gives me that warm fuzzy holiday feeling!

I have things started but none of it is really crochet... I will do some little ornies I think....and some of the dishcloth dresses... the only crochet thing I ahve planned is a tree skirt for Jeremy and Heather..

My extended family does a name draw for Christmas gifts. My grandma said she'd make sure I got my aunt's name. I'm going to make her an afghan.

I want to make a poncho for my SIL. The design is giving me some trouble though, so I'm not sure if that's going to work.

:think shawls, scarves, hat and vest for my friend's daughter, bookmarks, and a tote here and there. Maybe an afghan if there's time to squeeze it in. :hook

So far...

Mom: leather accented handbag, crocheted potholders, and quilted christmas ball

Nana: crochet prairie star afghan, quilted christmas ball

Grandfather in law: classic car pj pants

Thats all i've thought of so far. :D

You know, I should really have a list ready to go but I have been putting Christmas out of my mind this year. I'm a procrastonator! LOL

I will not be making as many items as I did last year or normally do, but I am planning on making the following:

Finishing the Pinwheels Afghan for my dad

Some kitchen items for my mom

An afghan of some sort for my brother and his wife

A purse, scrunchies and little girlie things for my sister in law and nieces.

The Color Me Crayon Blanket for my great niece.

A small afghan for my great nephew.

A purse for my niece in law

Something with the Notre Dame logo on it for my nephew

I really really want to make a Buccaneers blanket for my hubby but it'll be a huge undertaking.

A pet bed for my doggies

Probably a few more little things but this year I am making NOTHING for my hubby's family. Last year I busted my behind working on presents for them and not only did we get NOTHING for Christmas from them but they didn't give me even a "thank you" for their gifts. (With the exception of Doug's 2 nephews you have manners and loved what I made them as they specifically asked for what they got and still to this day thank me for them.) Ok, I will probably make something for them but after last year, I'm done making gifts for people who don't appreciate them enough to even say "thanks."

I'm thinking of putting together the squares I got in the square a month swap together and make them into an afghan for one of my friends.

For my best friend, I'll probably make her either a wrap, seraphina shawl, or if I get really adventerous, a sweater.

Geez... Now I actually have to think about Christmas coming up! YIKES!

I did gift jars a few years ago. I did the mixes, as well as hot pepper jellys and bbq sauces. Never again! LOL

This year we'll either be showing our house or it'll be sold and the boys and I will be living in a hotel or at mom's while DH is out to sea. So I'll either have TONS of time on my hands or not much at all. For some people I plan on giving wine bottles full of limoncello. My recipe makes 2 bottles per batch so I can easily do half a dozen or so at once.

BEFORE I even think about xmas gifts though, I have to do another patrol blanket for DH before he leaves for the sea in the fall (oldest DS stole his old one!) and a memory bag and the bobbling along tote for best friends bday in oct.

Xmas will likely include:

afghan for best friend and her dh

scarves for MIL, SIL, 2 older nieces on DH's side

memory bags for MIL and SIL

ripple poncho for youngest niece on DH's site

Not sure what to do for my 3 nieces...my sister is a master at crochet so I don't give them my less than stellar crochet stuff! LOL

I'm still having the internal debate about what to do for everyone. I usually keep things to just immediate family, but I always do something small for my co-workers.

I'm thinking snowflakes, doilies, and angels; depending on who it would be for.

For Dad, I'm was thinking of making some socks. Not just any socks, but some really cushy, warm socks. I made some for myself a couple of months ago, and I love them. He just recently retired, lives in North Dakota, so I think this may be something he would appreciate when he's just lounging around.

Mom is the hardest. I was considering a scarf made from something really soft and warm; either angora or alpaca.

I haven't decided yet for my brother. He's a bit of a fashion horse and is extremely picky about what he wears. Everything from socks to coat is coordinated. I'll figure something out. We usually just get each other gift cards. It's easier. :P

So I really need to get cracking on it. I'm the worlds worst procrastinator. I'm still working on some socks I started two months ago.

OH man, this year I am being very ambitious in my plans for crocheted christmas items... I am finishing dani's balnket, and making a matching pillow, i am making my 2 oldest daughters each Victorian Doll I found at crochet pattern central, I found some great bells that I want to make for my mothers tree, and I'm making either doilies or handbags... possibly both for my sisters, I want to make my by then 1 year old a nice little outfit and some toys, stuffed animals of some kind, and I am making my nephew a football. Also I am making some soup mixes and cocoa mixes in mason jars, and i am crochting the tops for the jars as an added decoration.... my neice is getting a set of bookmarks, and another pillow or 2 to go with the 1 she got last year,

On top of those crocheted items, I making other things that aren't crocheted, ornaments which I'll have some posted on my blog soon, and collages of my kids for various people, and I handpaint ceramic houses, I'm also making treasure hunts in wine bottles for the younger members of my christmas list...

Kinda crazy, i've been buying supplies and looking for deals all year, and the next few months should be really interesting. If i finish all the crocheted stuff by thanksgiving, then I'll be set to relax, b/c the other projects won't take nearly as long to complete.

But that's just me, i'll have hook in hand for the next few months every spare moment, which are very few indeed, between homeschooling and chasing the girls around, my crochet time is very valuable.... maybe if i spent less time here..... NAH!!! :rofl

:ctreeOh this is good. I had ideas on what to give.:gift

My aunts I'm close to I always give a doily, dishcloth and some store bought things. They love the doilies and dishclothes. I may add something else but not sure what.

My best friend I want to give her a warm afghan as her basement is freezing in the winter and they have to cover up anyway (they have a few afghans, but one more always comes in handy). They were thinking of getting a wood stove, but there are times when people don't want to keep putting wood in and it gets cold. I'll do the afghan in a few colors... not sure. Maybe I'll choose a varieted. I doubt her dh would use it so I could make it a girly afghan for her and her 2 dd's. That would make it easier. I also give her a doily and dishcloth as she loves those.

I think for my dad I"ll make him a afghan. He retired and gets cold easy (only gets hot when it's above 90 in his house).

I never knew what to give my brothers. Three of them and none married (might have a girlfriend then... but never know).

I just thought of something for my female coworkers, little purses, so they can put their money in something when they go to the cafeteria or maybe I'll title it as a Mad Money Purse...

Last year I made 3 close friends the same scraf, burgendy in the center and black fun fur on the outside (and a few other store bought things). Not sure this year.

I have a ton of dishclothes still done as I couldn't give them all away last year. And I have some doilies done, but need to do more. The afghans will wait until it's cooler. I can't crochet a full afghan in 90+ degree heat:fan , my quilt afghan in squares may be put aside if I can't handle it, but so far it's not bad as it's off the side of my lap.

Debbi:wreath

Angi,

Definately the Alpace scarf for your mother. I made one for myself last fall, it has turned out to be one of my favorites! So soft, not scratchy either!

I'm still having the internal debate about what to do for everyone. I usually keep things to just immediate family, but I always do something small for my co-workers.

I'm thinking snowflakes, doilies, and angels; depending on who it would be for.

For Dad, I'm was thinking of making some socks. Not just any socks, but some really cushy, warm socks. I made some for myself a couple of months ago, and I love them. He just recently retired, lives in North Dakota, so I think this may be something he would appreciate when he's just lounging around.

Mom is the hardest. I was considering a scarf made from something really soft and warm; either angora or alpaca.

I haven't decided yet for my brother. He's a bit of a fashion horse and is extremely picky about what he wears. Everything from socks to coat is coordinated. I'll figure something out. We usually just get each other gift cards. It's easier. :P

So I really need to get cracking on it. I'm the worlds worst procrastinator. I'm still working on some socks I started two months ago.

• 4 weeks later...
I just decided to make coasters-matched to the decor of families in our small group. I'vee done the cookie mix jars in the past & they were well recieved. I know I've liked the ones I've gotten.

Have you seen this website? http://organizedchristmas.com/

They have some wonderful gifts in a jar recipes! As well as some funny "poop" gifts LOL Ya know, like Snowman Poop (mini marshmallows) and printable tags for everything! They even have calendars you can print out! It's great!

Tina

My WIP's for the holidays include scarves & purses for my close family & friends.

I don't know what I'll do for my husband, father or my father in-law though...

Also, I might make a wrap (a shawl that is long enough to wrap around your shoulders and onto your legs) for my husband's grandmother.

I'm very busy as well with all kinds of projects! :yes I'm making two shawls one in a southwest theme with suede yarn. (wish me luck) Also, several crochet handbags and one special one for my daughters first prom. Just fininished a bag that looks like a pumpkin and one that is frankenstein. I plan on stuffing these with candy and sending them to my niece and nephew. And finally, Im crocheting 24 sets of mittins for my daughters dance team.:cheer They love them!

Since my husband's family is so large, my mother-in-law draws names for our gift exchange. I might have to lean on her to do it early, so I have enough time to crochet something for whomever I'm gifting this year. I'd like to try an afghan, but that might be a bit amibitous for me; maybe a pretty scarf instead. Oh! And I'd definately like to crochet some little catnip mice for all of the cat lovers in the family, and their beloved felines.

For non-crochet gifts: I'm making up big gift baskets for each family, filled with all of the yummy preserves that my husband and I make during the summer. So far, we've got strawberry rhubarb jam, red raspberry jam, spiced peach jam, blueberry jam, and brined dill pickles. And after this weekend, there will also be tart cherry jam, and bread-and-butter pickles as well. And who knows what else, too, will end up in there before the holidays! :lol

I'm making 2 afghans, bookmarks and doing snowflakes on the packages. I usually buy gifts for my parents, brother and his fiancee. The rest of the family besides the kids which will be 2 and 5 mo. get nice packages of homemade candy and cookies. The kids will get toys or books. My husband usually gets new electronics and some clothes.

Archived