Do You try patterns without pictures?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never invest a lot of time in a pattern with no picture. So, no if it's an afghan or a wearable or something that seemed very labor intensive. But, if it were just some little playtoy for my daughter to maul at will, or a little decoration of some sort, I'd give it a whirl. Time is key, though--I'd hate to spend three weeks on a big ol' afghan and find out that it's so ugly I wouldn't let my dog sleep on it. :lol:

If there's no picture, I won't try it. You just gotta have that pic!

This brought up an interesting thought. I realize that when I purchase pattern books online, I don't buy them unless there's a pic of all the patterns available, or at least a decent sampling, or if I've already seen them in person. Most places don't show too many pics online. If I see something I might like, I try to find it in a store first. I need that visual of what I'm buying! :dreaming

Normally no picture no makey for me. lol

I am such a visual person I have to "see" what I am making before I can actually make it. Unless i have seen the finish product from someone else then I will take a pattern like that. This is also why I don't do my own patterns. lol

I want to see the photo at least once. I also do a lot of plastic canvas and I have to see the picture for that too. I use it as a reference. So, I agree, if there's no pic there's no hook! LOL

Nope, I wouldn't attempt any pattern without seeing a picture. I can't tell by the pattern what it's gonna look like, and I want to be sure I'll like it before I embark upon something that takes up much of my time :D

Go Go Photobucket! :cheer

I have tried a few patterns without the picture, mostly granny squares or if it's an afghan, I will do a few rows or rounds to see how the pattern looks, or make a small swatch... and rip it if I don't like it. However, I don't normally save or print a pattern from the internet unless it has a picture. I do have some patterns jotted down in a notebook from years ago, but I've either made it before and remember, or I just skip it.

Sometimes I read a pattern and can visualize what it will look like. But I don't make a wearable unless I have a picture.

I agree with no picture--no make and if the picture is poor quality/or too small to let yourself know what you are getting into...it helps if there is a picture so you can better understand the pattern (and make adjustments if needed)

No picture, next button is clicked. I have to see the finished product to see if I am interested in it. As my luck would have it, I would start a pattern with no pic and everything that could go wrong would or it would be really really ugly or something and I would have to :frog. Don't like to waste what little time I do get to crochet with the :2frog.

Archived