Need C'Ville sisters help please.....

Lollie2639

Dear friends I would like to make an afghan for my cousin just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that has mets to the brain and bone. Her name is Kay and I love her dearly. Being a full time RN I dont think I could make her one in a timely manner...it would take me months. Can anyone help???? I only need thirty 12-inch squares in shades of purples, mauves and wines. I have included the easiest square pattern in the world I am asking you to use. It takes a J hook. It's called a LOVE KNOT.

If anyone can help me I would so appreciate and may God Bless you for doing it. I will take the time to peice them together, in fact, my neighbor will help me if I can get up the squares.

J hook

CH 4, JOIN W/ SL ST TO FORM RING

ROUND 1: CH 5, [3 DC IN RING, CH 2] 3 TIMES, 2 DC IN RING, SL ST IN 3RD CH OF BEG CH 5.

ROUND 2: SL ST IN CH-SPACE, CH 5, 2 DC IN SAME SPACE, DC IN EACH DC TO NEXT SPACE (2 DC, CH 2, 2 DC IN CORNER SPACE) 3 TIMES; DC IN EACH DC TO LAST CORNER, DC IN CORNER SPACE, SL ST IN 3RD CH OF BEG CH 5.

ROUND 3: SAME AS ROUND 2 until square measures 12 inches. FASTEN OFF. WEAVE ENDS.

Send to:

LAURIE STONE

5548 ROGERS ROAD

LIZELLA, GEORGIA 31052

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will mail you a few the end of next week. I don't get paid until then. I have the yarn so I can start right away. My brother had a lung removed a little over a year ago, and he is doing fine. I'm sorry that it has met. already. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I can do one. What kind of yarn can I use? I already have a worsted weight acrylic wool blend, but if you want all acrylic, I can go out and get a skein. You want a square in all solid color, right?

My thoughts and prayers are with Kay, her friends and family.

this response from the crochet sisters is overwhelming...with counting all the ones and the possible ones I am up to 12......worsted weight is fine....sorry i do not have a picture of the square but remember they are so easy to make and its a pattern you'll never forget and always go back to....that's part of my thank you from my heart. thanks again everyone. I look forward to next week and will be anxiously awaiting them.

Love to all. Laurie (CrochetRN)

Put me down for 2 definate .. there may be more .. depending on how many I can get out of this half skein of Caron Pounder. Tell your friend I am rooting for her:cheer

1 lilac is done, 1/2 Amethyst done,,,I'm trying for 4. In reply to your email, I've heard of CHULA VISTA,,can't place exactly where it is though. I have a daughter in Loganville,Ga. Where are you from there??

:bheart :ghug:heart

nss in napa,ca.

I can do 2 for your cousin :bheart !! the first one is a little more then 1/2 done, medium purple, next one will be amethyst

Carol T. in Rosamond, Ca.

I was only able to get four squares out of an 8 oz skein but I figure that every little bit helps. I put them in the mail to you this morning. I'll keep your cousin in my thoughts.

My gosh, you are fast! It takes me an evening to do one. Granted that I'm a crochet newbie and a grad student and a mother and...well, you get the idea. :lol

You sisters are absolutely WONDERFUL. And to answer questions...yes, its DC on the sides and 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in each corner...thats it. so easy.

You all dont know how happy I am and blessed to have your help!

RN

I've got one ready to go out tomorrow, it's wine color. And yes, once I got going that pattern was quite easy, thanks. Good wishes being sent along with the square.

_____

cindy

Archived