Need C'Ville sisters help please.....

Lollie2639

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already have one square done:clap and will have the 2nd one done tomorrow, & it'll be off to you early next week.

Carol T. Rosamond, Ca.

Started a 4th square this morning,, So I'm in for the 4 for sure!! What's the count so far,Laurie?? I can be in for a few more if needed!!

hugs

nss

Sisters

The response for my squarea is overwhelming. I will definitely have enough with just the replies from each of you now. Given the fact I have not got any squares from you yet, it has only been a couple days since I posted my charity request, I feel that packages will start arriving as early as Monday. I am counting in the low 40's already. Thats plenty. I will take a picture of my stash of squares by the end of next week and get a total count. I am sure I will have some extras so I think I will make her 2 pillows to go with the ghan.

I will return the ones I do not use if you want me to. THat is not a problem. I will send each and all a personal thank you with a little something too. :)

Again, this group of kind-hearted crocheters is absolutely wonderful and I sincerely thank each single one of you. I am totally excited about making this afghan for Kay. I have someone to help with the assembly.

Blessings to each.

Laurie

with the extra ...If I may make a suggestion...donate them to another worthy cause here if you want to. i don't think that anyone would want you to send them back...at least I wouldn't. Another idea, RAOK them to someone and let them know how they came to be and I am sure that that would mean a great deal to them

two squares I finished dropped at the P.O. 6/11.will go out on Monday

Sisters

The response for my squarea is overwhelming. I will definitely have enough with just the replies from each of you now. Given the fact I have not got any squares from you yet, it has only been a couple days since I posted my charity request, I feel that packages will start arriving as early as Monday. I am counting in the low 40's already. Thats plenty. I will take a picture of my stash of squares by the end of next week and get a total count. I am sure I will have some extras so I think I will make her 2 pillows to go with the ghan.

I will return the ones I do not use if you want me to. THat is not a problem. I will send each and all a personal thank you with a little something too. :)

Again, this group of kind-hearted crocheters is absolutely wonderful and I sincerely thank each single one of you. I am totally excited about making this afghan for Kay. I have someone to help with the assembly.

Blessings to each.

Laurie

Good Evening Laurie:c9

I wanted to tell you that I do not want the squares back, that I crocheted for Kay, you do what you want to-to help your cousin Kay, & God Bless All of You:c9 Carol T.

OK...what left over squares I might end up with I will make sure they go for a good cause or someone special. I do not want people to think I am getting and keeping all these squares for myself. Thanks crochet sisters.

p.s. My mail ran yesterday-Saturday-but all I got was a bill...LOL. I bet they'll start coming in tomorrow. I work this week Mon, TUes, and Wed 12 hour shifts......and I wont be able to stand the wait of getting home to the mailbox!!!

I did not get in on this in time, but I wanted to say that it is so wonderful that everyone has jumped in and helped you out so quickly and generously. This is truly a wonderful place to be! I will keep your cousin and family in my thoughts.

:clap Laurie, just got back from putting the 4 in the mail. :mailbox Expect them Wednesday,Thursday for sure!! No need to send back anything leftover. Pillows are a great idea, or maybe a smaller ghan for a child?? You and your neighbor hook up something great,I know.

Please know you gave me the gift of being able to give a little something for a greater purpose. I will be keeping you,Kay and your family in my thoughts.

your crochetville sister:day :hug

nancy

I would be happy to send you a square also. I have so many projects going that may be all I can squeeze in but if I can send more how long are you going to want them to keep coming? Cancer sucks!!! I wish they could get a handle on it, it is effecting so many peoples lives.

My best wishes to you and your cousin and my prayers also.

Michael's Arts & Crafts had a charity going last winter for squares to make blankets for the homeless. I don't know if they are doing still, but you might check, but first make her a big pillow, maybe a hat too, you know the hair thing.

I just wrapped up my two and will drop them in the mail tomorrow morning. I agree that if you don't need these two, just forward them on to someone who does.

Take care and good thoughts to Kay,

Mary Beth

I packaged up my square in a hurry, so I forgot to put a note inside. :( Anyway, it went out yesterday and caring thoughts are sent your way for Kay, you, and all the friends and family although there is no message inside.

Oh, and like everyone said, please just forward it to another charity if you don't use it. Just as another idea, I believe Drew (crochetdude) is still collecting them for Heartmade Blessings.

Mine went out yesterday (Monday) I missed the post pickup on Saturday, they came early.

I too forgot to put in the note card, sorry.... I'm still sending well wishes to you all.

____

cindy

Laurie:clap

You gave us the beautiful gift of helping your cousin, & she is in our thoughts & prayers.

I think that a pillow or 2 along with the afghan for your cousin would be really nice, & nice & soft for Kay:manyheart so she will have a beautiful afghan to keep her warm, & a soft pillow to lay her head on

You Crochetville Sister

Hi sisters...I have about 24 squares but I think I have more coming. I should have them all by the weekend. They are all beautiful and I will personally thank each and every one of you once I rec them all. I have saved all the return addresses.

Question regarding the square: some are slightly larger and some are slightly smaller than 12" (I am not complaining!!!) Some are 10 rounds, some are 7. Do you think that will make a difference when joining? Won't I have to just increase or decrease during the joining???? The woman who will help me is a little more experienced than I am so I am sure she will help me figure it out.

THanks a million

RN

Mine just went out today, sorry. Hope you are not done, but if you are give them to the next thing you do or want to see done. I didn't get my yarn until Friday night. Can you post a picture of how this looks when it gets done, I'm thinking of using it for an afghan I've been promising my husband for a couple years now. I started out knitting it and I am not that happy knitting, and he saw the size of these squares and thought they were great. I want to make his blanket black and white, he's a race maniac. :drive but I love him anyway..LOL:manyheart :hug:manyheart

Archived