Challenge: Tell Us About Your Favorite Item You've Ever Crocheted

Okay, everyone, it's time for another fun challenge. Think back over all the items you've ever crocheted, from first to last. As you remember them all, please pick the item that is your absolute favorite and tell us all about it. What type of item, type of yarn/thread you used, what pattern, what is it that makes this your favorite?

It might be your favorite because it was the first thing you ever made, or the best thing, or because it meant something special to the person who received it.

And if you've got a picture of this favorite item, share that too!!!:hook

My favorite is my Lulu bear.

21620081908_0_ALB.jpg

She's not the most complicated pattern I've ever made, but I got so frustrated making her. She just looked ugly until I put her face on. Then she was just the cutest most cuddly bear! I love her!!!

I've made baby sweaters that are more intricate and nice, but Lulu is my favorite.

My favorite is my giraffe (I'll try to get a pic). I crocheted it as part of a set when I was pregnant with my daughter.

After we picked out the border for the baby's room, I got a sample piece and designed a pattern for each of the 5 animals. The giraffe is my favorite of the five, partially because whenever anyone says anything about my crochet skills, my husband jumps in with "you think that's great? You should see the giraffe she made for Kaitlyn's room!)

I think it's my favorite, though, because it was the most technically advanced of the five and took the longest! That means that I worked on it, while pregnant, thinking of and loving my child the longest. It has special ties to her, and therefore special ties to me.

Katherine, your post brought tears to my eyes. What a precious, precious thing that giraffe will be to you for years to come. :hug

As far as pure interest and fun, I'd say the 63 Squares Afghan has been the most fun so far -- mainly because there is such a variety of stitches. If you get bored (or frustrated) with one square, you can always look forward to the next.

Otherwise, the thing I love to make best is something I'm going to give as a present to someone.

Only because I won second place for this Birthday Cupcake Pincushion, this is my favorite crocheted item. It's fast, easy and made with RH SS yarn. The pattern was free, from Crochet Pattern Central. Everyone loves them and I can't keep up with the demand.

2006countyfairyellowribbon9tu.jpg

crochetcupcakes7vj.jpg

One of my favorite is the first thing I made, it was this silly looking flower and I glued it to a stick (didnt use a pattern just make it up) and gave it to my Gram, she keep it on her dresser in a vase.

Another one will have to be the items I am making for my niece.

How long do those cupcakes take to make? That would be a cute party favor for my son's birthday party this weekend. We'll have no more than 5 guests (going to see Hoot at the movies). I've got plenty of colorful yarn that would work.

How long do those cupcakes take to make? That would be a cute party favor for my son's birthday party this weekend. We'll have no more than 5 guests (going to see Hoot at the movies). I've got plenty of colorful yarn that would work.

Once you make one they go quickly. It's always the first one that takes the longest. I make them in sections -------- bottoms, tops, stuff and add pins. If you don't want to use pins you can sew on little beads. They can be made a little larger by using a bigger hook. It's also great for all those little balls of yarn in your stash.

i can't say it was my favorite,(by the time i finished it i was ready to rethink crocheting :lol), but it was the first thing i ever crocheted. it is not my best work and i have learned alot since i made this. i made it for a friend to give her first grandchild on her first birthday. it is an afghan made from 1,700 (yes..... i said 1,700) baby granny squares. i swore i would never make anything from squares again. :lol of course i have, but to this day i still have nightmares about weaving in ends and joining those squares. :scared:loco by the way... she loved it.... i think i would have definitly give up on crochet if she had hated it. i look at it now and think i could have done so much better, but i am still very proud of it!

firstblanket1.jpg

Love the cupcakes! And WOW on the granny sq blanket!

My fave Is a ripple afgahn that I started for my son John Bryant. I was almost done with it and it was to be his coming home blanket. He passed away at 37wks. Do to Plecental Probs in the pg. I was hartbroken, the blankie went to be a UFO. I could not do it and I did not want my mom to finish it.

I got a big surprise! Wyatt !!! The blankie came out of the ceader trunk. It took my hurt, frustration, happiness, worry. I was a mad woman it HAD to be DONE. It was the best healing project that I have done. My son Wyatt came home 13 months after the passing of John with that blankie. I don't know if I could do a baby ripple any time soon.

But is was the best therapy I had, and cheaper too.

yes it is off count and womppy looking and not my best work, but it is my fav

The very favorite thing I've ever made was a pattern I found, I believe, on the Lion Brand site...for an American flag afghan..the stars were made seperately and sewn on...I used country colors, so it was country red, off-white, and country blue, all Caron Simply Soft yarn. I made it as a holiday present for my grandmother, who collects American flag-adorned items. This was for the '04 holiday season. My grandfather had passed in September of '05, so this was Grandma's first holiday season on her own...I didn't get to see her open it, but my dad brought it out to her and took video of her reaction on his digital camera for me...she was so happy!! I got all choked up watching the little videos...and he had to take 5 or 6 videos because his camera would only take video for 15-20 seconds at a time....

Grandma passed away this March. My dad will be going to her apartment this weekend to go through everything and inventory it so that his sister can take what she wants, and he can take what he wants, before they donate everything else...he asked me if I wanted anything...I told him I'd be very happy to take any crafting stuff she had...and that if his sister and he didn't want the afghan I'd made her, I'd like to have it back...I don't know that I'd display it on my couch (like she'd done at her home) just because my kids are still young and it would really upset me if it got damaged...but my grandma and the image of the US flag are very closely entwined in my mind, and I'd like to keep that piece of her...I know that she loved receiving it, and that she was touched that I'd spent the time making that for her...just to remember her...

Jessie

My son Wyatt came home 13 months after the passing of John with that blankie.

Oh, honey!! I can't imagine going through that...but I'm sure that little John was very happy that his little brother got to use his blanket...that's just perfect!! :hug:manyheart

Wow!!! Such touching stories. My favorite thing that I have crocheted would have to be a dress I made Chloe for her first Christmas this past year. I tested the pattern for www.crochetgarden.com and I have to say that it is by far my fave thing I have ever crocheted. It is the most beautiful dress and the pattern was intricate, which I love and it just turned out gorgeous. I pretty much love anything I make for my daughter but this is my favorite. I will cherish it forever.

100_1624_edited.jpg

crochetcupcakes7vj.jpg

Ooooh! I had just been looking in the One Skein Projects book I checked out of the library. They had a pattern for knitted cupcakes and I was going to post and ask if anyone had a crochet pattern. Your cupcakes are darling! I'm off to print out the pattern. Thank you!!!:D

Mine has to be the year I made 15 snowmen to give as gifts. The pattern was for a potholder, and I stuffed it, made hats and scarves of different yarns, and decorated each one to be different. It took about a year to get them all done. :sman

The project was something that once I got the snowbug, I just had to keep it going. It just sort of snowballed into the project of the year. :lol

It was fun to see the little guys take form. I still have mine on the front door every holiday season.

I haven't touched that pattern since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

But it was a labor of love.

Linda

i't hard to pick but i guess my favorite thing is a purple bunny i made for my daughter she is now 19 and living in maui and when i asked what she wanted of hers ahe asked me to send her the bunny i made.

I have three favorites. While my Dad was undergoing chemo (had his last one today, and everything looks great!), the family decided to inundate him with hats. These were really and truly labors of love. Here are my three contributions:

47b6dc05b3127cce973e1115231800000016108IbN2rlozaU

It's hard to see, but it came out really nice. He says it's the one, of the many many hats he received he actually wears the most. It's made with Lion Brand Homespun.

47b6dc05b3127cce973e1114a22900000016108IbN2rlozaU

He actually wore this one to a chemo appointment.

47b6dc05b3127cce973e1113231e00000016108IbN2rlozaU

He hasn't worn this one out of the house, but it did bring lots of laughs. Our family has a running joke with a rubber chicken that shows up where you least expect, or want, it to.

That chicken hat is hilarious!

My favorite is the afghan I made for my dad. It's made of modified parts of several different patterns. I started making it early in the season, but still ended up staying awake all night on Christmas Eve assembling it and doing the border. It was a labor of love all along, even at 4 a.m. when I was stitching in my sleep. You probably can't see it in the pictures, but the panels have a dark green background with burgundy raised diamonds and small rectangles of burgundy in the center of the diamonds. The reverse side of the panels has tiny dark green rectangles with burgundy borders. It's my favorite because of the design and because my dad isn't the easiest person to please when it comes to home decor, but he loves his blankie. He makes sure to show it to everyone who comes to visit him. I posted it on the board before, but here are the pictures again (colors are off):

th_dad.jpgth_dads3.jpgth_dads2.jpg(clickable)

Im in love with that chicken hat - since I have made all of 4 things - i would have to say a ball I made for my youngest Tyler - its made from anchorline magic something - it is green and has blue orange and pink stripe - its simple and rolls perfectly and dosnt break anything it accidently gets thrown in to.

I just like making something new and different. I think my favorite was a sweater, bonnet, blanket, headband, & booties I made for a baby girl. I made it just because I liked it and I gave the entire set to a neighbor I hadn't even met. My grandson took it over to them. I found out later that she was christened in it. And, yes, I have talked to her since. I also found out later that they had no relative in this state.

I love the cupcakes! What did you use for the confetti?

And the chicken hat is hilarous!!! Where did you find the pattern?

Thanks for sharing everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

My fav is my poncho. If I remember, I'll grab a pic this evening. It was the first wearable that I made. Out of Red Heart SS (bunch of colors, using up some scrap yarn), and probably a J-hook.

I love that poncho. I wear it at home, sometimes I sleep in it, sometimes I use it as a lapghan. It's like comfort food, only I don't eat it. :c9

Ginger, that chicken hat is great! Absolutely fabulous!!

Archived