Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeria, I have a Michaels on Hwy 35 in Holmdel I go to for yarn...with an occasional foray into Manalapan on Rte 9 where there's a terrific AC Moore.

Cheeria, I have a Michaels on Hwy 35 in Holmdel I go to for yarn...with an occasional foray into Manalapan on Rte 9 where there's a terrific AC Moore.

Is there such a thing as a non-terrific AC Moore? :lol That's one of the things I miss about the northeast. I email them every once in a while and ask "Are you sure you don't wanna open stores in Texas?" :lol

Hi, Cara!! Missed ya!

Did you and that hunk of your have fun? Birthdays are nice...when you're young:P

The last time I went to AC Moore I had cash my FIL had given me - and I went to town! I saw imported yarns in colors I loved, etc...and went through quite a bit of my nest egg:D - have NO idea what I'm going to make with some of the yarn, but I take them out now and again and pet them:lol

Squares are always good, because if I run out and have to buy more or similar colors I can always play with a pattern.

SQUARES!! See what you've done to me, Cara!

:jumpyay Hi Judy:clap I did not know there was a Michaels in Homdel right down Rt. 35. In order for me to shop at Michaels I had to drive to Freehold on Rt 9. I have to check out the Michaels in Homdel. I went today to try to pick out colors for my nine patch quilt and so far I picked dark orchid and I will probably put a pale pink or peach with that.. So I guess my colors for my Nine Patch quilt will be aran, dark orchid and probably peach or a pale pink. :drool I am kinda lending toward the pale pink.

Judy - Yep, we had a very nice time :yes I got to meet his other grandmother whose a hooker, too :hook But she was knitting a cardy while we were there. She's 80 years old and still has fabulous technique. Her tension's better than mine is sometimes :lol

Hi, Cheeria!

You have some good colors picked! I'm like you, I think the pink will go better with the orchid etc.

Have fun! Once a week (Friday, but really any day that's good for you seems to work) we try to post pics of any progress we make on these CALs. It's great having the encouragement to finish our projects - or get help if we're stuck.

...and I think the Michaels at Holmdel Commons on 35 would be closer for you...it's not as big as the one on Route 9, though.

Just posting some progress. I have squares made for four of the cats in the top row. I'm doing black squares whenever. I figure I can use them for other things if I make too many. About 85 squares so far. It's going faster than I thought it would.

This is getting kind of addictive. My husband and I went to a sprint car race last night. I took my square bag with me and got two cats and some black done while I was waiting for the races to start.

There was a very nice man and his son sitting behind us. Jacque and Kurt struck up quite a conversation. I had done about 15 blue squares and the boy asked " Wow, how many of those have you done?" He wanted to know what they were for, so I explained you can put the together to make pictures. He asked if you could make a race car and I said sure. Really nice kid. He thought it was "really cool". :lol

Cara, I'm using 3" squares. Not for any particular reason, that's just the way it worked out. :think It was fun at the track. I actually like dirt races, sprint cars are fun. What I don't like are the endless preliminaries, hot laps, time trials, etc. before the actual racing. The boy, Darren, was a cute kid. Maybe I'll try to design a race car just for fun.

I wanted to tell you to put the Kitty Quilt on your website if you'd like. I'm not going to start one for my stuff. It's too much bother. I'd enjoy having other people use the pattern. I'm kinda getting into coming up with new ones. Here's another:

Fourinfield.jpg

Leslie - Wow! What a generous offer. I think we could add a "Leslie's Quilts" to the site somewhere ;) Oooh I really like that second one :yes Think I'll have to add that one to my charity lapghan pattern list :yes

Thanks for the generosity :hug

Leslie the second one is so pretty.

Michele, what a neat site. I put it in my favorites to take a look.

Cheeria, what pretty colors.

I have two more rows left on my quilt, then all it will need is the border. I'm planning my next one now. I've decided my aunt needs a quilt. lol So I'm trying to figure out the pattern and colors. All she has given me to work with is earth tones.

I was playing around yesterday and came up with a couple of more. Too bad you can't crochet as fast as you graph. :rofl Can someone tell me why some things are showing up as pics and others won't let me do that. I am baffled. :think Never mind, it worked this time. I am baffled by computers, they never do what I expect them to. :rolleyes

Chainsanddiamonds.jpg

DiamondSquareQuilt.jpg

I just started reading this thread so forgive me if this site has already been mentioned, But I love their blocks so I thought I would share.

http://www.equiltblocks.com/

What a great site! I have toyed with (in my head only) adapating quilt blocks to crochet quilts ... saved a couple of thoughts from www.freepatterns.com ... but need to make a CASABLANCA first!

Leslie - indeed, you are on a roll - terrific stuff you're sharing here. As they say, let those creative juices flow!

Norma

Thanks, :blush , I appreciate the feed back. I have most of these saved now as Word files with the number of squares needed figured out. You may have guessed I'm using Cara's pattern for the squares. :hug to all.

Archived