Alpaca Angel Crochet Shawl

croschet03

Very pretty love the details of the stitches... I just finished a shrug for one of my daughters with the Joann Rainbow in the blue... I loved the way the colors flowed but found that the yarn will thin out on ya when you are working with it... and can be difficult. Even though I love the outcome of the color effect it gives I think I will stay with the brand name yarns I have been using.

I agree with everyone. That shawl is fabulous! It looks much better than the original. Great expression in that second photo!:lol

I just wanted to share the shawl I made recently. I used JoAnn Rainbow Boucle with a K hook. I really love the results. I have never used the Boucle yarn before. It was frustrating at first, but I got used to it and like it.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/vschuster/DSCF0015.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/vschuster/DSCF0014.jpg

Thanks for looking

Val

That shawl is the "B O M B" it is Gorgeous:cheer :clap :clap

Flybabytina posted the pattern I used. Thanks Flybabytina.

I only used one skein of the Jo ann Rainbow Boucle. All 853 yds of it. Okay maybe 852 yds. Actually in my area Jo-ann has it on sale for $6 instead of $7.99 until the 18th. Gotta go again soon. Thanks for all the posts. I am going to make myself another cause I love it so much.

BTW, it's not me in the pic, one of my co-workers (who should be on the runway). She made me laugh taking the pictures.

Did I already mention that I love it? :hook I so went out and bought 3 of those Rainbow Boucle skeins. Those things are the biggest skeins of yarn I have ever seen. So I'm totally making one of these shawls right now, it works up really quickly. We'll see how far the other two get me in an afghan.

I had saved that pattern for my to-do list, but seeing your version has me REALLY wanting to make it now! It's drop-dead gorgeous! :c9

Did I already mention that I love it? :hook I so went out and bought 3 of those Rainbow Boucle skeins. Those things are the biggest skeins of yarn I have ever seen. So I'm totally making one of these shawls right now, it works up really quickly. We'll see how far the other two get me in an afghan.

I want to make one of those shawls in the Rainbow Boucle also. I did a test swatch and had a hard time with it. That pattern calls for putting the hook in the back loop of each stitch. I can barely find the correct stitch... forget about finding the back loop. Are you going into the back loop? If you (or anyone) has any tips, I'd love to hear them. (PS, I've done lots of things using just the back loop, but I'm having a hard time finding it with this particular yarn).

Thanks!

Joan

Hello hey you know ive been looking for a pattern like that,open in front .I made a poncho but it came out so funny that i want to make anotherone open in front like yours it's so nice I love that one.

You know, I actually miss read the pattern and crocheted in both loops. But it turned out great so, you could always do that.

Val

I want to make one of those shawls in the Rainbow Boucle also. I did a test swatch and had a hard time with it. That pattern calls for putting the hook in the back loop of each stitch. I can barely find the correct stitch... forget about finding the back loop. Are you going into the back loop? If you (or anyone) has any tips, I'd love to hear them. (PS, I've done lots of things using just the back loop, but I'm having a hard time finding it with this particular yarn).

Thanks!

Joan

Archived