my cross

mythunderbird

this is the cross i crocheted to lay across my mothers urn when we buried her. i wanted her to have a part of me close to her ashes. i was not sure where to put this as it is not a doily, is a well burial cross i guess, just wanted to share with you allth_IM000145.jpg

That is very nice. Sorry you had to use it as you did. I would just call it a threadwork cross, I agree doily doesn't seem appropriate.

Katie:cat

thanks katie and darlene. katie i made this with the purpose to use it as i did. i just wanted mom to have some of me with her:P

That is very nice. Sorry you had to use it as you did. I would just call it a threadwork cross, I agree doily doesn't seem appropriate.

Katie:cat

thanks alisha, i was so happy when i got it done in time, worked on it even the morning of the service, it was something mom would cherish, and helped my family and myself . my sister added her angel pin to it and the others left little flowers by it. thanks for being so kind to me, your a great friend:hug :hug

Vicki, your cross is beautiful. May I suggest you putting it in a shadow box along with a picture of your mom or some small items that was hers? That way it is a visual memory of her as well as being a beautiful wall or table top display. :hug

What a lovey idea. I am sure this is a therapeutic thing as well. I hope the pain of your loss passes and you can rememeber the happy times of your life together.

thanks alisha, i was so happy when i got it done in time, worked on it even the morning of the service, it was something mom would cherish, and helped my family and myself . my sister added her angel pin to it and the others left little flowers by it. thanks for being so kind to me, your a great friend:hug :hug

:hug Aww Vicki Thanks :hug

Archived