Beach Bag

Tampa Doll

It’s getting close to that time of year Spring Training and Spring Break

so I thought I’d make a Spring Break Beach Bag. :hook

SpringBreakBeachBag.gif

By the way, the new machine behind the bag, was purchased to put the lining into this bag and to fix split seams. So it should be used about 2 or 3 times a year.:lol

The patteren is from the Lily Victorian Charm. I used the wine and verigated sugar and cream yarn.

I absolutely LOVE that bag!!! Was it very difficult to do; it looks as though it might have been. And the rosettes are perfect. I don't think I could ever take something that pretty to the beach.

I want one! :)

I absolutely LOVE that bag!!! Was it very difficult to do; it looks as though it might have been. And the rosettes are perfect. I don't think I could ever take something that pretty to the beach.

I want one! :)

Actually it was very easy to make. The front and back are done in the wine, the verigated is not part of the front, you make it special and sew it on. The sides and bottom are done in one strip and crocheted to the front and back. The handles are made and sewed on. The rosettes so easy you would be surprised.

Glad you all like it. The pattern does not call for it to be lined. That was something I wanted to do on my own, (never again).:lol

Lovely bag in lovely colors. That looks so pretty and yet very functional also.

I use my poor ole sewing machine to do linings for my purses and that is about it anymore. I once upon a time I sewed a lot. Not anymore. Priorities change....:hook

Nice job on the bag, Mary Jo. I like your sewing machine, too. Mine is old as the hills and I rarely use mine, either. Until it gets jammed up and I have to take it in. (Which ends up being another six months to a year before I get it fixed...) :)

Tina

I'm making a felted bag that looks pretty much like that one , but the handles wrap along the bottom of the bag.. Dyed some wool, but didn't have enough for the pockets...trying to match up the color......

I like yours.. :manyheart the color..

Very pretty bag. I like the colors.

I use my sewing machine almost everyday!!! So anyone getting a new machine is a cause for celebration in my book. :cheer:yay Enjoy the new machine.

Archived