Rose doily

mimicat

I made this doily just in time for valentines ;)

I picked out a pattern from CPC, its the Victorian Rose Doily (pdf).

I managed to make my own design for the leaf, since I didnt really like the original.

Edited to add: Here's the same pattern for Rose Doily in html (thanks for the link, Tina!)

93582003_7cca3577e4_m.jpg

The finished doily center is about 5 1/4" diameter and the rose is about 2".

Materials used: crochet cotton size 8 for the doily and roses, 6-strand embroidery floss for the leaves, 1.75mm steel hook

93582001_8a3f31d205_m.jpg

That is just beautiful, Mimi!! I first saw it on your blog today then here. :D I have made similar doilies to that but square, so I know all those roses and leaves are a lot of work!! But it's worth it for the finished result. Just gorgeous!!

Tina

This one is similar, too. I thought that was the one you made, but when I clicked on your link I saw it is totally different. (Yours is prettier than the original!) Now I want to crochet a doily. :lol

Tina

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! :yay It is rather tedious to do the roses and leaves, but this doily is small and doesnt take too long to finish. The result is very pleasing! :hook

This one is similar, too. I thought that was the one you made, but when I clicked on your link I saw it is totally different. (Yours is prettier than the original!) Now I want to crochet a doily. :lol

Tina

Thanks for this link Tina, I looked at it and saw that it is the same doily. The other pattern is in pdf. :hook

Thanks again for all your comments, I picked this doily because its challenging, but not too much - so I know I can actually finish it. :yay

Mimi, your doily is exquisite! That must have taken a lot of work! It's beautiful! :manyheart

Thanks for saying that, Goldi! Its quite a small doily, and its really not much work. :hook

Oh, Mimi, that's gorgeous. One of my most favorite flowers is pink roses. :rose Love it! :heart

Thanks Rachel, I'm so glad you like it! I have used that shade of pink many times, and I thought it was perfect for the roses. :manyheart

mimicat: That is one great looking doily :clap

I would put it in an area where everyone could see it with a small

note beside it saying

“needs vase with a dozen red roses to complete†:manyheart

maybe someone will take the hint and they will appear by Valentines Day

mimicat: That is one great looking doily :clap

I would put it in an area where everyone could see it with a small

note beside it saying

“needs vase with a dozen red roses to complete†:manyheart

maybe someone will take the hint and they will appear by Valentines Day

Thanks for your comment, John! :think I wonder if Mary Jo gave you the same note when she has finished a new doily ...:lol (just kidding...) Actually, I dont expect to receive any flowers that's why I crocheted the doily with roses in it. :hook

Archived