A couple of my ghans!

Qmare

Well, I guess it's high time I posted a couple of pics of some of my ghans. These aren't the greatest pics but here you go!

The first one is a ghan I made for my son. In reality, it is navy blue and an earthy ombre done in double crocht, alternating bpdc and fpdc. It covers a twin size bed

The other one is in lots of colors, done in afghan stitch little diagonal squares. I made it many years ago... I'd have to strain my brain to remember how I did it. It's got a lot of wear and is holding up really well. It is very heavy and warm and is one of my faves.

th_petersghandetail.jpg

th_petersghanfold.jpg

th_postagestampghan.jpg

th_detailofpostagestampghan.jpg

Thank you everyone!

Yes, Linda... it's done with the afghan stitch and I cannot remember how to do it. If you have the pattern, can you post a link or share the source so we know where to get it? I was shown how to do it by a woman I used to work with, many years ago. It is a beautiful ghan - the colors are so much nicer than they appear here...

Thank you all! The pics really are aweful... the colors look terrible! The second one is in Caron SS... and would be bigger but I ran out of yarn and some of the colors could never be found. Of course, this was back before I discovered Ebay and before I realized I could have huge amounts of stash. There was a time that I could barely afford one skein at a time!

I'm making one like the bottom one. I'm alternating black with red, green, blue and purple. I am aiming for it to look like an amish quilt. You can purchase the pattern here:

http://www.margarethubertoriginals.com/

Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy.

Tamar

Is this one done using the afghan stitch? Your's sounds like it will be very pretty. The pattern - is it the one pictured on the cover? If so, looks like it is done in rows rather than around and around the rectangle. Mine was done six stitches across and six rows high. I remember it being really easy and am sure, if I sat down with a hook and some yarn could figure it out...

You'll have to show us yours when you get some progress on it...

Is this one done using the afghan stitch? Your's sounds like it will be very pretty. The pattern - is it the one pictured on the cover? If so, looks like it is done in rows rather than around and around the rectangle. Mine was done six stitches across and six rows high. I remember it being really easy and am sure, if I sat down with a hook and some yarn could figure it out...

Mine is done in rows with the afghan stitch. You always start on the same side and work across.

Tamar

Very pretty. I also like the bottome one best. Looks a little tedious to work on though. HeeHee

Lynn

Very pretty. I also like the bottome one best. Looks a little tedious to work on though. HeeHee

Lynn

I made it quite a few years ago. It did take a long time - mostly because I would put it down to do other things quite often. It is very heavy because of the dense stitch. I would like to do another one one of these days!

Very Nice:yay

I really like the stitch on that bottom picture.

Hey lady I am in Calif also. Great state... native of Calif here. Born and raised!!

Love your moto:manyheart

Lol ... just one more row... that is what I do at night when crocheting before I go to bed. And it leads to just one more and just one more lol.

Later lady

Darlene

:hook

Very Nice:yay

I really like the stitch on that bottom picture.

Hey lady I am in Calif also. Great state... native of Calif here. Born and raised!!

Love your moto:manyheart

Lol ... just one more row... that is what I do at night when crocheting before I go to bed. And it leads to just one more and just one more lol.

Later lady

Darlene

:hook

Hee hee, thanks. What part of the state are you from? me, I be born and raised here also.

As far as how I did it... I'll try to devote some brain cells to that and let you all know. I really do love that ghan. A girl I used to work with made it up.

Archived