Hat-a-Week

Croshay

Schcrochet - The Week 3 hat doesn't take nearly that much yarn. They probably just said that to get you to buy a big skein of each color. I'd say it uses more like 3 oz. total. I did 3 colors, and I think I only used probably 1/3 of each 3 oz. skein. Hope that helps.

THANKS, I like the look of the hat and bet you're right. $$ Gonna go do #2 soon. Hope to get #3 done maybe today too, if not tomorrow. This is fun.

I'm so lame....I just now noticed croshay.........how cleaver you are, and DAH to me

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you gals think of filling out a questionnaire about your favorite colors, hobbies, interests, etc.? Then if we have swaps or whatever, you have information about your exchange partner. I guess you could give me the information, and I could give it to your partner, so we wouldn't have to post it here on the forum where it's more public.

What do you all think?

I've never done the exchanges anywhere, but this sounds like you would keep things pretty private which I think is nice.

I have already made 2 ear flap hats this week and made 2 newboy ones last week and tested a skull cap for jimmi lu last week also...

I love making hats but I have to crochet a little different because my pointer fingers got the bleach pen stuff on them and they are a little sore and peeling, I react to bleach and amnonia really bad...

***Are they earflap hats you made adult or kids sized? And is it a male or female pattern? My husband just today as we taking our walk said I should make him a hat with ear things.

AngelFairy – Sure, do it however you like. You can make another one if you liked the pattern, or you could make an entirely different pattern, or you could take a break this week.

Jen – I’ll add the new hat each week to the first post in the thread, to make it easier to find. I also put them in reverse order, so the latest one will be listed first. That way you won’t have to scroll down through the message to find it.

no pattern for this, but thought I'd post the url. It looks easy enough to create.. for those who can figure such things out (not me!)

Betcha could do it much like making kitty ears for hats.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/clothing_maternity/boy_0_12_months/shoes_booties_hats_boy012/5823?intcmp=

Jen - I think you did a terrific job on your hat! :clap

Melissa - I absolutely love your hat! :heart Now I think I have to make another of these in those colors. :idea

Croshay - Perfect timing with week 4! :h5 I was planning on making this hat this weekend for my swap partner! :yes

Yay, the Sassy A for week #4! I love making that hat. Now if I could only make it big enough to fit my fat head. :lol

You and I have the opposite problem, I have trouble making them small enough. Could you use a larger size hook, and add a row or couple stitches per row to make it fit better? I do the opposite to make them smaller for me.

Lisaizme....that frog hat is cute

I'm working on wk #2, not liking the pattern very much, the mitered part and my color choices. Decided to go with orange and blue (Gator colors), I have some fun Italian yarn to blend with those colors that I think I'll edge and try to jazz it a bit with. Nice stretchy stitch though, those sc back loops only. Would think this would be good for hard to fit heads.:cheer

my week 3 (since I had already done the Caron one). This pattern is from the latest Crochet! magazine, called Rose Lace Cloche. I didn't add the flower, don't know if I will. If I do, I won't use their flower, their directions were funky. This was made with CottonEase (Strawberry Cream) and TLC Essentials in white for the edge. I would've preferred Cotton for the edge, but didn't have any the right weight. Cottontots I have, but it's a lot thicker. The TLC was pretty close.

CV_PinkLaceHat.jpg

My week 4. I used Cotton-ease and a J hook. Since CE is slightly smaller than WW, I made an extra increase round at the top (in the dc's) and then later on, when the increases are done with sc, the total number of stitches per round are therefore different. Slightly confusing at first, but once you realize that you must make 1 more sc in the pattern repeat, it's easy.

CV_Week4_HAL.jpg

sorry bout the lack of "face", but the only way my son will model is from the back. hehe.. guess it's somewhat threatening to his almost 17 y/o manhood.

Hi there I am back. I haven't been posting but i have been doing lots of hats. I have been really sick first with the flu then a nasty respiratory thing. So I will be a good girl and do more posting here are week one thru 4 but i didnt do the hats listed for week 2 and 3. I planned on donating my hats but every time one of my son's friends walk in and see my hats they lay claims to one. LOL so i guess i am keeping the neighborhood kids warm at least. Here's what i have done so far.

th_100_0306.jpgth_100_0305.jpgth_100_0298.jpg

th_100_0303.jpgth_100_0299.jpgth_100_0293.jpg

th_100_0300.jpgth_100_0291.jpg

I also wanted to show you this was a rasta hat with felted dreadlocks that i made for my son just before i started this CAL

th_100_0271.jpgth_100_0273.jpg

Now that is very cool. I don't know if anyone here (my household) would wear it, but it's very cool.

Marnie,

All your hats are FANTASTIC! Great job!

On the top row, the blue one on the right, which pattern is that from? I really, really like it. :)

Hope you're feeling better. Super hats. I believe all 3 in the 2nd row are my favorites. Don't know if it's the patterns or yarn or both. The funky colored ear flap one far right 2nd row.....sooooooooo cool.

Hi there I am back. I haven't been posting but i have been doing lots of hats. I have been really sick first with the flu then a nasty respiratory thing. So I will be a good girl and do more posting here are week one thru 4 but i didnt do the hats listed for week 2 and 3. I planned on donating my hats but every time one of my son's friends walk in and see my hats they lay claims to one. LOL so i guess i am keeping the neighborhood kids warm at least. Here's what i have done so far.

th_100_0306.jpgth_100_0305.jpgth_100_0298.jpg

th_100_0303.jpgth_100_0299.jpgth_100_0293.jpg

th_100_0300.jpgth_100_0291.jpg

Ok, I'm having a DAH attack. Wk 2, just isn't coming along well for me. And as I sit here starting to type my question to you all whom already made it....a light bulb goes off in my head. Mine will be a bit different but think I've finally got it in my brain should I want to make this pattern again. Want to start 3 though later so rather than rip out and redo....gonna do some adjustments.

Can someone tell me how to make the links right at the end of posts...in your signature. I'm getting frustrated trying to do it. Thanks

Lisa - Nice hats! What yarn did you use for your Week 4 hat?

Marnie - You have been busy!! I'm glad you're feeling better too. I too would like to know what pattern you used for the last hat in the top row.

Sandy - If I understood the question correctly about the links then this is what you do: In your signature section of your User CP, type the words you want to use for the link, then highlight then and click on the button that looks like a globe with a paper clip (Insert Hyperlink button), and it will ask you for the URL and will automatically associate the URL (or address of the web page) to the typed words. If that isn't what you were trying to do sorry!

April and Ginny the top row are all from this pattern http://angelscrochet.com/patterns/grannysqhatpf.htmlif you have a smaller head go down a hook size in ww it is big. I did a baby hat in baby yarn and went down to a h hook.

Lisa i don't really think he will ever wear the rasta hat either but his friend has real dreadlocks and my son keeps telling him his are not any work.

Sandy the first 2 in row 2 are UBW's the funky one is a kids hat that I got off of CPC http://www.yarncat.com/EileenMod.html

:hug Thanks Marnie. I thought maybe 2 of those were UBW or variations thereof, and appreciate the link to the other one. Plus from there got to your scrape one...........so cool. Think I must give that a try. Reminds me of a favorite sweater. I like funky.

April and Ginny the top row are all from this pattern http://angelscrochet.com/patterns/grannysqhatpf.htmlif you have a smaller head go down a hook size in ww it is big. I did a baby hat in baby yarn and went down to a h hook.

Lisa i don't really think he will ever wear the rasta hat either but his friend has real dreadlocks and my son keeps telling him his are not any work.

Sandy the first 2 in row 2 are UBW's the funky one is a kids hat that I got off of CPC http://www.yarncat.com/EileenMod.html

Archived