Hat-a-Week

Croshay

I haven't had a chance to start week #4 hat yet and not sure that I will. I've been working on finishing up a b-day present. If I don't get to it I'll do it next week. I've made a total of 38 hats since January and plan to have 200 to donate this year so I will get to it, just not this week.

You are a hat machine! Thats impressive and beyond. So...you've figured out a way to crochet while you're sleeping right?? Come on share.:devil

Popped over to your blog to see your pictures. I've got lots of passwords, but haven't joined that one yet.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I still join in on the fun? I need help in working on projects. I would love to get lots of things completed this year!

Jump on in!!:) We're more like a cheering :cheer group for each other than on a rigid schedule.

The suggested (NOT required) patterns for each week are on the first post.

Welcome aboard!! We're glad to have you. :hug

Thanks for the good words, y'all!

Melissa,

Nice job on the hat. But I LOVE the bedspread. did you make it? Is it thread or yarn? How long did it take to complete? lalalala.. I'm full of questions. :lol

Lisa: The bedspread is made of yarn. It is a friendship blanket - I and 5 other people contributed squares from a pattern of my choosing and I assembled it. The square pattern is the wagon wheel square (http://home.wideopenwest.com/~sag55/wwheel.html) .

schcrochet: My journal is in a website form. If you would like to send comments, email them and I will be glad to post them on the site!

the mittens can be found here:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-mittens.html

The stole is my personal design and can be found here: http://home.earthlink.net/~outtahere40/pattern.htm

Did I leave anything out?

Also, I finally managed to get buttons on my blog, but noticed your buttons are actually links....pretale.....how do you do that?:think

My journal is a website, not an official blog so I can do those things. I've never created a blog before, not sure about whether you can link your buttons.

Boy did I have a lot to get caught up on!!!

Vickie - Very cute button!! I'll add it to my blog.

Ktornatola - Excellent job on the frog hat!! I wish I was creative enough to go without a pattern!

Melissa - I love your week 4 hat and your cat!

Cheryl - Nice hat for week 4. I saw the one in Annie's and didn't like it, but yours I think is much nicer!

Below is my week 4 hat. It's not a great picture, but all I had around to model it was my son's globe. :lol

Karla5.jpg

My journal is a website, not an official blog so I can do those things. I've never created a blog before, not sure about whether you can link your buttons.

Blogs use the same html that websites use.. just within a predetermined template (at least that's how blogger does it.. they're all a tiny bit different).

I link the buttons on my blog. I learned how by when I saw things I liked. I right click on the page and select "view source" and see how they coded it. A quick and easy way to learn. :D

Blogs use the same html that websites use.. just within a predetermined template (at least that's how blogger does it.. they're all a tiny bit different).

I link the buttons on my blog. I learned how by when I saw things I liked. I right click on the page and select "view source" and see how they coded it. A quick and easy way to learn. :D

Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Everyone's week #4 hat is looking great. I started mine yesterday and now I have a problem. I didn't start the hat with a full skein and now I've run out of yarn. :eek :eek I just need to do rows 18-20. For all of you who have finished the hat already. Where do you think would be a good place to incorporate a color change? I don't want to frog the whole hat, but I would be willing to frog a few rows. Let me know what everyone thinks. Keep on crocheting!

Now I've got week 2 done. Hopefully by this time next week, I will be caught up! I used Rose and pink colored scraps. This one took a little longer than the other two I've done. It doesn't look good on my fat head.:sigh

UBW here I come...

haw.jpg

Now I've got week 2 done. Hopefully by this time next week, I will be caught up! I used Rose and pink colored scraps. This one took a little longer than the other two I've done. It doesn't look good on my fat head.:sigh

UBW here I come...

haw.jpg

I'm still in need of wk 3 and 4 to catch up....yikes. by the way...no one looks good in wk 2, it's not you!

Here's my UBW. Very quick pattern. This was made with some Dazzleaire that I bought back when KMart sold yarn! :eek I actually tinked a sweater I had started back then and decided to crochet with it. I haven't tinked the sweater completely yet; it's difficult to tink.

haw009.jpg

I'm still in need of wk 3 and 4 to catch up....yikes. by the way...no one looks good in wk 2, it's not you!

Clearly you guys have forgotten how ADORABLE Kim's little boy looked in the Beach Ball hat (week #2 hat). So take another look:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=269497&postcount=125

:hook

Here's my UBW. Very quick pattern. This was made with some Dazzleaire that I bought back when KMart sold yarn! :eek I actually tinked a sweater I had started back then and decided to crochet with it. I haven't tinked the sweater completely yet; it's difficult to tink.

haw009.jpg

I always liked that yarn, think I still have a little left too. Made a nice afghan with it, off white and green variegated if memory serves.

I can top your when K-Mart still sold yarn.....(also shows how dang old I am:eek )

I still have a little Jack Frost Yarn....remember when Gold Circle was around and Gold Circle sold yarn??

Too bad wk 2's hat was an adult size pattern. Everything looks good on the wee ones!:manyheart The wee ones are so darn cute it just doesn't matter what they wear. I can remember by daughter looking back at pictures when she was young say, I can't believe you made me wear this stuff....it's sooooooooo bad. We thought she looked cute, but then she was a wee one at the time.:yay

Melissa - I love you UBW hat! My mom had some Dazzleaire yarn in Flame (which was actually a hot pink) and I made the most adorable scarf out of it mixed with some fun fur! I wish she had more of that yarn!

Archived