Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

thanks everyone, i was'nt sure how it would all look togeather, but now that i've done a little more and theres a little more white in it now too it looks really nice :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my L&B that I started as an inbetween project ( while I decided what to do about the error I made in my next scripture ghan).

All I have to do is weave in ends, then clean the bedroom enough to make a picture. Oh never mind about cleaning the bedroom.. I'll NEVER get that done.

I'll just take the picture outside if it ever clears up enough.

Anyway.. I'm finished... almost. :D

oh no, I just noticed that I can't click on the smilies or do much with the formatting of my text. I'm having to struggle to remember my html to make any kind of formatting.. grrrrr. Darn Firefox update. :(

Good job Lisa! I also need to get my butt in gear and just finish mine. I've been working on so much other stuff (xstitching) that I've not crocheted a lot over the past few weeks...

I'll get there....

Can't wait to see a pic!:hook

I'm Slacking soooo bad. I'm 1 row past the second row of boobles :( I have been so consumed with school that crocheting has been put on the back burner ... some one asked a while back how many kids I have -- technically 1 :lol but if you count my hubby (which i think we should count) I have 2. My son is 2 and half and a big handfull. I have finished a Starghan that I sold :) I have another order that I just took for an afghan. Hopefully I can get my lace and bobbles done soon :)

Gavinsmom...you'll get there.

I just started back on mine last weekend. I actually was having fun stitching on it again. AND, when my Mom was here at Christmas time, she was looking at it and now it smells like her perfume. I LOVE it! I only get to see her once maybe 2 times a year, so I am enjoying that smell. Oh yea...she'll be 80 years old tomorrow!:yay

I finished up the L&B about the time I joined C'Ville. I didn't finish it, since I made it to be toddler sized. I used up a bunch of colorful stash making this. Hope you like it! I loved it at the time, and I love it all over again, looking at the pictures.

th_BL2.jpg

th_BL1.jpg

Renee that is beautiful :)

Yesterday I finished up my last paper that is due today :) WOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy school is over. This morning at 9 am I have an interview for a paralegal internship thats required for my degree program.... wish me luck :) after that I can really relax and work on my lace and bobbles :)

Renee that is beautiful :)

Yesterday I finished up my last paper that is due today :) WOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy school is over. This morning at 9 am I have an interview for a paralegal internship thats required for my degree program.... wish me luck :) after that I can really relax and work on my lace and bobbles :)

-----------

Oooh, good luck! I had an interview on Monday, and I'm waiting to hear back if I made the cut for the second round. I'd be surprised if I didn't. I hate my job, so I'm looking actively for another.

I'm on round 78 .. only 4 more rounds to go!!!

The interview wasn't for the type of internship I was looking for so back to the drawing board :(

I Finished:clap I did the last little bit this morning :yay Here are the pics

May082.jpg

and a close up

May084.jpg

I kno I have at least 1 more if not 2 more to make :P I'm just so happy to be done :)

You know what amazes me about this pattern? It doesn't seem to matter what colors you use. It looks good done in a theme (shades of the same color), coordinates (earth tones), baby weight yarn, or scraps. Every picture I've ever seen of this ghan is gorgeous. :) It really is on my to-do list...I don't know what's keeping me from starting.

Natasha -I know exactly what you mean - they all look beautiful and very unique.

Danielle - Your afghan is just beautiful! Congratulations on finishing. I must be getting back to mine soon! Thank you so much for sharing the photos.:)

It came out beautifully. I really love your colors. But I think you're a better woman than I am if you're going to do several more! I know my sister has made about 3 of these, but I think I'll have to wait a while before doing another one. But it sure does make a pretty ghan.

Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

Welcome to the group !

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself ,and also what colors you are choosing for your afghan .

If anyone is having trouble locating the pattern, contact me . Leisure Arts Leaflet 2159 Scrap Yarn Afghans 2 or it is also in Afghans for All Seasons - Book 1

I am very excited to get to meet you all and make a beautiful afghan in the process !

PS -- I LOVE busy message boards, so post away !!!!

Hello JulieKay, I know this is alittle late, but I wanted to know if the lace & bobbles crochetalong is still up & running?? and I am having trouble trying to find the pattern, could you please help??? Thank You in advance:hook Carol (natcat)

Hello JulieKay, I know this is alittle late, but I wanted to know if the lace & bobbles crochetalong is still up & running?? and I am having trouble trying to find the pattern, could you please help??? Thank You in advance:hook Carol (natcat)

JulieKay's profile says she hasn't been in the 'ville since April 27, so I don't know if she'll see your question.

I think there are some who are still working on this (and some who haven't even started yet :blush) so jump on in if you like!

I found the booklet that contains this pattern on eBay, as I think it may be an out of print booklet. There's a post near the top of the thread that tells exactly what the name of it is. It wasn't expensive at all.

Natasha

Thank You for the reply!! I found one online today, but left, without doing anything:eek so I guess I'll have to go investigating!!!

Carol

Archived