Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Elizabeth... that is gorgeous! Way to go!

Hi everyone... I'm almost back... been really derailed but I'm dying to get my hands back into the alpaca basket...

Take care,

Mare

PS Madelyn, you are an animal! #3? Wow!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still here but I am reallyyyy ssslllloooowwww on it. Things get in the way and I wander off to something else and come back and get another row in there but i'm not quiting.It just seems the closer I get to the end the longer the next row takes ....i'm on row 66 I think and it feels like i've been on that same row for the past month:sigh lol....i'll make it sooner or later cause i'm also making hexes...yeah ....i'm still working on that too.:hook and they are both really big afghans and take a lot of work and PATIENCE!

I think I'm glad I had decided to stop when it got to 50x50 - I was somewhere around round 70, and yep, each row would take ages. Of course, at that point, you're doing about 7000 stitches each row... :P

awwww Julie how sweet . But really, i'm not sure if I am able to handle another 63 right now...My L/B is kinda starting to frustrate me all over again because its starting to ruffle on one side....and I ASSURE YOU 100%...I'M NOT :frog :frog :frog ING

OOHHH NOOOOO :hook

Olga -

We'll be over there for a long time . Plenty of time for you to wrap up your other afghans. Maybe by then you'll be ready to join up .

If you really don't want to, you don't have to , but you sure make good company !

Don't frog your LB now-- just try adjusting the stitches on that one side if it seems to have too many ... make a few decreases if you need to .

ok

drumrollllll pleaseeeeeeeee!

i am finished !

i have pictured the finished afghan and a detail shot.. both clickable..

that way you can see the colours close up.. and yes i am completely finished.. all ends woven .. all loose stuff woven and snipped.. finished!!

and you are gonna laugh.. just put in my knitpicks order so i can make another for myself in merino wool.. cause i think i could totally be quicker with smooth yarn .. will be a while before i work on it though ..

anyway .. here we go ..

just wanted to say i used a suede , wheat, sea glass, charteuse.. chocolate, mahogany, violet, beige, pesto, and a marled sage/burgandy/gold/tan

th_finished002.jpg

th_finished001.jpg

Julie you better go study some more on hipnotizing cause it aint workin!:2nono :2nono :2nono btw..thanks for the comments.. I am trying to figure out now how to make the puerto rican flag.So far I have the stars and the blue triangle figured out..now I gotta work on the stripes which are 3 red and 2 white, but they are not squared off at the triangle part and thats the part i'm trying to figure out.

Very pretty, Olga !

I like it ...

~~~~O~~LLL~~GGG~~~AAAA

Come to the 63 more

Come to the 63 more

( I'm trying to hypnotize you . )

Is it working ?

Thank you Madelyn.it was alot of hard work but it was worth it at the end.

Alright Olga, way to go!! It looks lovely to me. Good job kiddo!!!:D

Madelyn

Well, I am happy to report that I have limped up to row 24! That means 1) I have very little time to crochet 2) that I crochet like a turtle and 3) I'm not out of this yet...:lol :lol :lol :lol

So, anyone else still with me? :think

I'll post a pic of the progress as soon as I have enough to show you!

Comeon, ladies! :yay

Well, I am happy to report that I have limped up to row 24! That means 1) I have very little time to crochet 2) that I crochet like a turtle and 3) I'm not out of this yet...:lol :lol :lol :lol

So, anyone else still with me? :think

I'll post a pic of the progress as soon as I have enough to show you!

Comeon, ladies! :yay

I'm still with ya! I have been gone on a vacation and no stitching time at all! Plus, the last 2 months have pretty much been filled with life and finalizing my parent's 60th anniv. party (that was this last Sat).

BUT! Now that it is done, I can concentrate on getting some serious crocheting and xstitching done!! :clap

I THINK I'm on row 50+ or something....

I'm still here too. I Know I've been away for a while. Things have been so crazy with school even though I have less credits this semester I think I chose harder classes :lol I just got to the last page of my lace and bobbles ... not sure what row it is I did a few rounds the other night for the first time in a while :)

Archived