Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

Welcome to the group !

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself ,and also what colors you are choosing for your afghan .

If anyone is having trouble locating the pattern, contact me . Leisure Arts Leaflet 2159 Scrap Yarn Afghans 2 or it is also in Afghans for All Seasons - Book 1

I am very excited to get to meet you all and make a beautiful afghan in the process !

PS -- I LOVE busy message boards, so post away !!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer I am glad to see this CAL go up! I can't start mine yet, but I am most definitely in. I am thinking of using a variegated yarn to choose my colors, but I am not sure which yet, as I have yet to go buy my first skein. I might just dig around in my stash and see what I can dig up. I'll post more when I know more. I am really excited about this one!:yay Thanks for starting this CAL up, JulieKay. :clap

Hi Crafty -

( Can I ask what your first name is ? ) I always like calling people by their name, so it seems like I get to know you all better. You live in my favorite state, you lucky thing ! What part of the state are you in ?

Great to have you join !!! Can't wait to start working on this either. I have a truckload of yarn , it's just sorting through it to decide on colors .

Ok ...I already started my Laces and Bobbles and here is my first picture of the center...it's looking pretty good to me :hook Those colors are: the center is red heart carrot...rh aran and my next is gonna be a rh cilantro.

center.jpg

Thanks Julie...:hug ...I'm real excited about this one ...lol...i even pushed poor old Taz aside to start this one ...but I gotta get back to him tomorrow....I have to have that done before Feb.3rd...:hook

Hi all I just ordered my book to do this CAL, this is the first CAL for me and i am so excited:woo can anyone tell me how much yarn to buy and how many colors are in this afghan so I can start buying my yarn before the book gets here. I am going shoppin soon to like my sister says pet the yarn. she is always teasing me if she cant find me in the store she just goes to the craft section lol and there I am petting the yarn.

What beautiful colors for this ghan. I'm in this one too. Starting 3 ghans at once is kind of silly, but I just can't help myself...lol. I also like the rustic colors, I have so much yarn, that I'm not going to buy any new yarn for these ghans. I can't decide which one to start with.

Patty in MI

That is really pretty olga,how big did it turn out for you and what size hook are you using??

Marnie-so glad you are joining us.

Patty-im using yarn that i have around the house to-what colors for you??

Ok here is the frist photo of mine,what do you think??Are the colors to bright??Insight here would be great.:hook

Full square with one row:

2c91beaf.jpg

Close up:

243475f6.jpg

Patty

Well, if you're silly for starting three, then I'm even sillier . I'm on 4 -- how I'll pull this off, who knows ,because I'm not usually good at juggling several things at once. I guess that can be my 2006 Resolution . To finish what I start . :)

Shaylen,

I love it ! That is really pretty ! No, it's not too bright, I like it a lot ! This is sure gonna be a pretty afghan isn't it ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR , Let's have a beer !

No, ,we can't do that here ......

What was I trying to think

Besides , I don't even drink ! :ccompute

Get out those patterns, yarn and hooks

What, you don't have the book ? :eek

Email me and I'll try to help you

If you don't have the pattern, what are you going to do ? :think

We are all working together to make a beautiful thing

Just think what joy that is going to bring :jumpyay

Whether it's for your friend, relative or just for you

It'll be worth all the work you have to do . :whew

So let's get started, friends, today is the day

Get those hooks flying and make some headway ! :knit

I'm here also. I have the pattern I just need to decide on the colors. I have a ripple i started for my couch that I think I may frog. I want to make this for my couch instead :) The ripple was navy, navy varigated and off white. I think I have some pinks and greens to throw in too. I really need to cut down my stash, its getting a little unruley :) I need to finish a mile a minute afghan for my sil before I start but I hope it wont be too long.

Archived