Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Nancy - I forgot to reply about Oregon. I've never been there, but seen pictures of it -- it looks beautiful out there, with all thoe trees and green things growing !

I don't know if you're a reader or not, but wasn't one of Annie Dillard's books about the early settlers to Oregon ? DANG -- what was it called ?

I'm not at my most alert at 4:40 AM --

I'll go look at Amazon then get back to you - ok, here's what it says-- does this area sound familiar to you ?

settlement at Whatcom on Bellingham Bay (near Puget Sound)

It is called The Living ..

Haven't read it yet-- too many crochet hooks in hand at the moment but it sounds REALLY good !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After deciding which colors from my existing stash to use (I decided on yellows/browns), I'm on round 8.

I like the look of it so far!!

I have the day off today and Aunt Flo came, so I think I'll be relaxing on the couch with a hook and some other projects -- I'm REALLY excited to do this one, however I have two other projects that are looming overhead. I'm determined to cut the stress level in my life, so I'm working on them first.

Ok..is enyone having problems with there center square twisting??I have froged this thing 6 time :bang:rant:rant and i am starting to get really mad,never had this problem befor,i do fine till i get to row 22,the frist time i noticed it i was on row 36 and i layed it on the floor to get a photo and thats when i saw it...uuuggggggg.

Oh boy Shaylen. I'm not this far yet. I'm on row 20 doing the cross stitches. I will definitely keep a look out though. Mine is looking a little bunchy, I'm hoping it will straighten out as I get more into the square.

Julie you got a lot done in no time. And you're doing 3 CALs. You must be a super crocheter.

I need to put this down and go undecorate my house. But I will hurry so I can get back to my afghan. Unfortunately tomorrow it's back to work so I'd like to get as much done today as possible.

Madelyn

I wasent going to do this one cause I liked the striped afghan (can you tell I was an olny child?) But yall are haveing way to much fun without me and I just cant let that continue! LOL I've emailed juliekay for the pattern so maby I will get started on it in a week or so. I have to finish a hatm scarf, and purse set, hat for the swap and then I will go for it.....

Cristin -

I'm with you on cutting the stress down. That's what I need to do too !

I love the colors you are using - pretty !

Madelyn, Well, I'll tell you what, I feel like I'm running in quicksand here sometimes. I have too many things going at once, so I have to tone it down a little and try working on less at a time . It drives me batty to have all these projects staring at me !

Valerie-

Glad you decided to join us -- you'll have fun. This is a nice group of ladies!

Ok..is enyone having problems with there center square twisting??I have froged this thing 6 time :bang:rant:rant and i am starting to get really mad,never had this problem befor,i do fine till i get to row 22,the frist time i noticed it i was on row 36 and i layed it on the floor to get a photo and thats when i saw it...uuuggggggg.

Shaylen,

What do you mean it's twisting? Maybe it you get to round 36, and it still does it, you could take a photo of it and show us what you mean. Maybe we can help.

Patty in MI

Hi Patty -

I don't know how to post photos on here. I am Captain Dingbat when it comes to that . I think there's a thread in the help section that tells how to do it. Hopefully someone else will drop in and tell you !

I'm anxious to see your progress !

I am awaiting my pattern and will either be using a mish mash from my stash or all green. I am wondering how it would look in one color? Anyway - everyone's looks great so far and I wanna start!!!!

Hi Cheryl

Are you thinking of using all one color green or different shades of green ? It'd probably look good either way, but this pattern almost seems like you need to use different colors so each section kinda pops out at you !

Let us know what you decide !

Welcome to the crowd Julie....and shaylen...just take it easy...take a break and you'll get through it...i have learned to have so much patience with this taz that the best thing to do is take time out and you'll be ok....have fun.:hook

Hi everyone! I just had to join in this one, its so pretty. Mine is going to be a scrap/stash buster for my FIL for Fathers day. Blues/browns/wine/tan and whatever else manages to creep in there:think .

WOW you guys have gotten a lot said in just a few days! I'm in on this one, for sure - going to use it as a stash buster for all the SS I have hanging around the house - not sure just who it will be for but I can't wait!! I'll start tonight if I can get the tree finished (well - unfinished, lol, gotta get the ornaments off and put away!)!

Hi Faith, and Welcome to the group !

We're glad to have you with us.

Yep, Olga , you're right, I need to take it easy here on these things and not stress out so much over them .

Patty- Those colors sund nice together !

and Cheryl - if you want to use all one color of green, go for it ! I'm a big green fan, so I'd NEVER complain about green !!!

Here's a pic of mine... I am doing mine in all different colors and types of yarns... I think it will be very interesting!

I stopped last night just when I started round 15:

th_1-1-0514rows.jpg

*click to enlarge*

I want to get a varigated yarn for mine ....i want it to have more or less the cilantro color I have ....I'll get it...you watch cause I already know which one it is .... That yarn gives interesting looks to the article..:hook

I have a question on Row 16.

Now, it says to ch3, dc in next dc, Then it says to tr in NEXT dc. WHAT dc. You slip stitch it onto the dc on row 15. On my piece, that only leaves ONE dc to the left of the connecting one (where you ch3) and after that is the ch2 sp.

Anyone come up against this one? I've right as gold up til now. Could they mean to dc in the SAME dc as the ch3?

Thanks for any insight. I don't want to go ahead and have to frog out....

I have a question on Row 16.

Now, it says to ch3, dc in next dc, Then it says to tr in NEXT dc. WHAT dc. You slip stitch it onto the dc on row 15. On my piece, that only leaves ONE dc to the left of the connecting one (where you ch3) and after that is the ch2 sp.

Anyone come up against this one? I've right as gold up til now. Could they mean to dc in the SAME dc as the ch3?

Thanks for any insight. I don't want to go ahead and have to frog out....

The next dc is the one to the left of the ch3.

Madelyn

Archived