Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Hi Danielle -

Welcome to the gang ! I know what you mean about yarn, it seems to multiply somehow. I have 5 afghans going now ( WHAT WAS I THINKING ???)

I made myself a rsolution today - NO MORE YARN TIL THIS IS USED .

That's gonna last til I go to the store tomorrow .

Welcome, Stacey-

Glad you liked the poem, Jump right in and get started !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping this will help me start to get rid of my stash. My new years resolution is to only buy yarn that I have a project selected for :lol lets see if that happens.

It's so nice to see so many more people with this "addiction".:lol It's so kool to be a crochet junkie and too have such a big group makes it even better...well ..it's Jan.1st so now grab your hooks and yarns....and have fun ...I know I am ...I left 2005 with a hook in my hand...lol:hook

:waving Hey, y'all. I'm watching you! :lurk I will officially join up :hook in the next day or two, hopefully, when a certain event:ebayis over. Wish me luck, please!:mdust I hate waiting for auctions to end! It's a special kind of torture, I tell you!

I refuse to buy any more yarn until I put a good dent in the stash. Now how many of you believe that????

I started the afghan. I got to round 13 and I'm short stitches. I should have 120 sc and I only have 102, :thinkthat's a big difference. I'm pretty sure I did round 12 correctly so I'm hoping I just skipped some stitches though 18 is a lot to miss:ohdear I do admit the phone rang and I got to talking (yeah I know that's a no no with some patterns) so.. off to frog I go.

Madelyn

Dont worry mscrocheter....I was supposed to have 15 cross stitches on a certain row and I wound up having 25..:eek ...lol...I didn't skip a s c where I was supposed to and I wound up having way to many..lol

Olga- You are a riot ! I just love the way you say things- you'd be such a blast to hang out with. Wanna move to Ohio ?

( You left 2005 with a hook in your hand ) :lol

( I left 2005 with a blanket in my hand ......... )

Natasha - :clover There's a 4 leaf clover sending good luck your way !

Danielle- pretty funny- Mine is in MY husband's closet too !!!! Once in awhile, I have to kick a few bags into the back so it doesn't look like it's sliding out onto the floor, like it really is !:D

And Olga and Madelyn -- you're starting to make me worry about the stitches. I'd better get my HINEY sat down tonight with this so I can see if I will do the same thing ! :eek

lol,lol ...yeah Julie...I did....I hooked outta 2005 and hooked in 2006...I let go for a couple minutes while I hugged everyone :hug and got right back to it...I hooked till 2:30 am..lol ........I'd rather you move to Puerto Rico...:hook I bet we would have a riot ....

Well, Olga-

It sure looks like you have our scenery up here beat ! Maybe I oughta move down there. Look out if you see a U-Haul truck back up at your door with 17 boxes full of yarn .

And No, you can't have the yarn UNLESS I get to stay too !

Don't know if you'd be getting a very good bargain -- I'd probably drive you guys batty ~~~~:loco

:lol It's ok ...everybody can stay..:clap I think you would be such a kool person to meet in person...I think we would really have a heck of a time...we can even throw yarn balls at each other ...:lol :lol

I'm starting mine tonight! I am just going to be using all the scrap yarns that I have left over from all the Christmas stitching I did. Can't wait to see how it ends up looking!!

Can't wait to get started!! :hook

I LOVE Oregon. We actually CHOSE to live here! Everyone thinks we're nuts, but we love the weather here. We lived in Santa Cruz, CA for 18 years and the weather is just like that, only the houses are more affordable (why we moved away from SC, CA).

We love the rain and storms and the sunshine that peeks through every week or so. We got just a small taste of summer when we moved here, so I'm looking forward to not having 100* temps everyday here. :clap

And Olga and Madelyn -- you're starting to make me worry about the stitches. I'd better get my HINEY sat down tonight with this so I can see if I will do the same thing ! :eek

It was my fault. I misread the instructions for that row. Now when I get interrupted I will just put it aside until I'm free to work on it.

Madelyn

I am dieing to start. I really need to finish the afghan I'm working on for my sil b4 she goes back to school (23rd). Its gonna be rough though because im having surgery on the 16th and school starts for me on the 18th.... If only there was more time for crocheting.:blush

Wow...ladies! Some awesome progress here. I don't have the pattern yet but am definately in on this one. Of course, I am making slow progress on my 35 grannies, have a couple gifts to finish in the next few weeks, so its going to be slow going, but I am really excited about this one.

Lots of great ladies here!

Happy New Year!

Mare

Ok..is enyone having problems with there center square twisting??I have froged this thing 6 time :bang:rant:rant and i am starting to get really mad,never had this problem befor,i do fine till i get to row 22,the frist time i noticed it i was on row 36 and i layed it on the floor to get a photo and thats when i saw it...uuuggggggg.

Madelyn and Olga -

I started last night and did get off count a couple times.so I had to take that round out and redo it , but so far, I'm on track again with stitches. I'm on round 17 now . It is a pretty pattern !

Danielle. I know what you mean about time -- never enough to get everything done you want to do !

Patty and Nancy-

Good going, keep it up !

And MARE -- GREAT to see you here. Hurry and get that 35 done so you can join us here ! I've missed seeing you ~

Shaylen -

You are a few rows ahead of me. I'm on 17 right now. It's not twisting, I don't guess you'd say, but I'm just on the area now that the circle is turning into a square. It looks a little lop-sided at this point . Not a circle, but not a square yet -

I noticed it tells you how many stitches are supposed to be on each side now . Have you counted your stitches to see if they are the right amount ? Tha's the only thing I would know to check at this point to make sure they are equal on all 4 sides. I've never made this afghan before, so maybe it just looks like that til you get it a little further . I'll try to keep on this today to get to the round you're on , then I'll let you know how mine is looking .:)

Don't give up- we'll get it figured out !

Archived