Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Unfortunately, because the leaflet that contains this pattern is a few years old and probably out of print, eBay is about the only place you're going to be able to acquire it. Here's an auction for it that will end about 10 a.m. on Monday, 5/29. Here's a Buy It Now. Here's another.

To restate, the pattern appears in Leisure Arts leaflet 2159, entitled "Scrap Yarn Afghans Book Two," copyright 1991, ISBN 2890602159. Pertinent search terms (names of afghans in the leaflet), in addition to the above, are "Granny's Daughter," "Lace and Bobbles," "Stained Glass Stripes," "Sampler Stripes," "Flower Quilt," "Reflections," and "Flower Garden."

Also, you could place a "wanted" post in the For Sale, Trade, or Free section of this board in hopes that someone has an extra leaflet that they'd be willing to sell, trade, or give to you.

Good luck!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to also say this pattern is in the Afghans for All Seasons, book 1 book, which is pretty readily available at your LYS. However, it's a bigger book, and will probably cost you about $16 or so, but has tons of reallu nice patterns in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd show ya'll what I've gotten done.

th_1stLaceBobble_upclose.jpg

Pic is supposed to be clickable.

And here is one in baby yarn that is in progress.

th_WhiteBabyLaceBobble.jpg

clickable also.

I have a red/white/blue one in progress that I will try to get pics up in another while. (don't hold your breath.. I'm pretty slow at getting pics done.)

Hi Natasha

I finally found the book online :clap bought it, & it is on it's way to me!! it should be here this week!!! I'll have to look at the pattern first, to see how much yarn I need, then pick out some colors,( I'll then jump in):manyheart .!! I hope mine is as 1/2 as pretty as all of yours is, I will be happy :clap Thank You So Very Much :c9 !!!:hook

Natcat - I just wanted you to know that I also have this one partially done, so you won't be alone working on it.:)

I have'nt posted on here in awhile, i'm still working on mine too, pulled it out and did 2 more rounds this morning, i'll post a progress pic a little later:hook

I blogged recently about the progress I've made on this afghan. I only started about three weeks ago, and I didn't get to work on it any this week. As soon as I get off the computer, I'm going to get hookin'!

Natcat, I'm so glad you found the pattern. It really looks intimidating in the booklet (five pages long!) but the instructions are easy.

Natcat - I just wanted you to know that I also have this one partially done, so you won't be alone working on it.:)

rddugan, what colors did you pick out to crochet yours with?

In the stores around us, sometimes the color selection isn't too good, if I can't find enough, I'll have to go online.

atleast I know the book is coming & I will be able to start it:c9

I've completed one of these, alll most done with a second (on the next to the last row) and have a 3rd about halfway and (gulp) have started a 4th.. LOL

There's a few things that I found makes this pattern easier.

On the rows that have the Crossed DC's.. don't start the X's where they tell you, instead slipstitch over to the corner, make the corner stitches, and then start the X's on the side. This really helps things come out evenly for me.

For the bobble rows.. Turn the afghan around and work with the wrong side facing you. Then you won't have to push the bobbles to the "right" side. I've done it both ways and like the look of my way better.

Relax and enjoy seeing the patterns emerge.

Wow,Lisa,,,you're my hero!!! :yes :yes I'd love to start one of these but 3 wips at a time is my limit!! :eek That's all I'll admit to that is,,,not including scarves.:blush:lol

Thanks for the tips that come from experience!!!

Who are the lucky people that get these gems???

just nosey nancy

Wow,Lisa,,,you're my hero!!! :yes :yes I'd love to start one of these but 3 wips at a time is my limit!! :eek That's all I'll admit to that is,,,not including scarves.:blush:lol

Thanks for the tips that come from experience!!!

Who are the lucky people that get these gems???

just nosey nancy

Well Miss Nosey (:lol Love it)

The one that's almost finished is destined for Project Linus (red/white & blue) and since our local coordinator just sent an email begging for more blankies.. I guess I'll give her the first one too.

The one that's about 1/2 way done is being done all in white in baby yarn. I think I'm keeping that until it tells me where it is to go.

The one that has just started I have no plans for at this time.

Come on.. you can do more than 3.. If I can, anyone can. :D

Hi I got my book yesterday with the pattern in it. I couldn't wait. I'm up to row 19 already. I discovered that I had a LOT of cream colored yarn so I'm using that. I think that it's going to be very pretty even though it's one color.

:clap Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to give the ladies that do not have the afghan book that has the lace & bobbles pattern in it some information. I received another afghan book today that I ordered, IT IS BY LEISURE ARTS by Anne Childs it is AFGHANS FOR ALL SEASONS (Crochet Treasurey Series), I bought it on http://www.amazon.com, you go to-Books-type in the address bar, "crocheted afghans" by the way, when I ordered this book, I did so because it has so many beautiful afghans in it to crochet, however thumbing through it tonight, I found the Lace & Bobbles Pattern( but in this book it is called STITCH SAMPLER) it is inthe "Autumn SEASON" on page 90 !!! so as soon as I finish the Big Granny Afghan I'm crocheting, I'll start on the Lace & Bobbles (Stitch Sampler):c9:hook

Hello rddugan

Soon, & I'll start on this, finally:clap :hook

I have so much stash, I'm contemplating making another one of these. The last one I made, the last 20 rounds or so seemed to age me about a year per round! :lol

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

I have so much stash, I'm contemplating making another one of these. The last one I made, the last 20 rounds or so seemed to age me about a year per round! :lol

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Renegade

I am just about finished with the granny, & I've been thinking about the colors I'm going to use on the lace & bobbles, I think the colors will be; burgundy, light rasberry, petal pink and white, I would like to find a rasberry, to put in place of the rose pink, ...

• 1 month later...

Red White & Blue L&B destined for Project Linus

th_RWB_LB.jpg

clickable

Awaiting 1/2 of last row and ends to be woven in and then I'm done!!

Made almost completely of yarn I had on hand. Did purchase little bit of white and was HOLIDAY IN JULYed the last skein of white to finish the edge.

(again thanks to the blanketeer in AZ.. and another friend from another group for the donations)

Renegade

I am just about finished with the granny, & I've been thinking about the colors I'm going to use on the lace & bobbles, I think the colors will be; burgundy, light rasberry, petal pink and white, I would like to find a rasberry, to put in place of the rose pink, ...

----------

Natcat, that sounds like a wonderful color scheme. I know that Red Heart has a pretty raspberry color, but I'm not sure if it's dark enough for what you want. May be worth checking out. Sounds like it'll be the perfect blanket for some young lady (or perhaps yourself!). :lol

• 1 year later...

I can't seem to figure out how to post a message so I thought I'd try a reply to you. You came up on my search for a specific pattern. I can't remember which magazine I saw it in or what the name of it was. But google and other engines don't turn it up. It was several squares - maybe 50 or 60 and each square was a stitch related to a scripture. Do you have any idea where to get this pattern? I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you. Nanna Meme

Sorry Nana Memme,

I don't know why my name came up on your search, but I don't anything about a crochet Scripture afghan. I found a 2005 post from Celestial Seasonings about a Scripture Afghan. I also found a CAL (Crochet Along) for a Scripture Afghan here. You might check these (especially the CAL) for additional information.

Archived