Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey folks, just checking in to see how you are all doing!

Last night, I got a call from one of only 2 of my very closest local friends (I only have 2 buddies besides hubby that I see all the time - the rest of my pals are here on-line :) ). She and her husband are going to be moving to Central Florida soon because So Cal has gotten too expensive. She had a stroke a few years ago and the extra medical expensese are draining them. Anyway, I am interuppting my Lace a Bobbles to make her a quick, lightweight lapghan to take with her. I'm afraid I won't ever see her again... can you tell I'm a little sad?

Anyway... my Lace and Bobbles will be on hold a bit but I'll keep checking on you all and see how you are doing - and will post a pic of my progress as soon as I'm back on it!

Mare

So sorry to hear about your friend moving away , but you have to look to look at the bright side -- if they will be in a better more comfortable place financially, then it's best . You wouldn't want her to stay there and be financially strapped . Besides, then you'll have a friend in Florida and a reason to go take a road trip to go visit ! Are they moving to a beach area in Florida ? My parents live in Florida in the winters. I'm always glad they get to go because they are so happy down there and have so many friends down there and so much to do, compared to up here . We really live in a pretty unfriendly town with NO activities ,except watching paint dry and grass grow . I like it here, but they don't , so I'm glad they get to go someplace they are happy .

That will be a wonderful keepsake for her, there is nothing better to give to someone than a handmade item that will remind her of you !

Don't worry, she'll keep in touch - by phone, emails, letters, etc . :manyheart

Mare~

You are such a great friend to send her off on her new adventure with something so treasured!!! I moved away from my friends and family about 3 years ago. It was the hardest thing EVER. I still struggle being homesick every once in a while - probably every 3 or 4 months (when the seasons are SUPPOSED to change and DON'T here in FL :lol).

I cherish every little thing my friends and family send me. It's a little piece of Minnesota and a friend's heart that gets me through some of the rough days.

Yes, I think we all need to have a place to escape to with a good friend -- now Florida will be that place for you. But please don't try to drive somewhere during morning or evening rush hour traffic....we commuters deal with enough stress from 9 to 5!! :hug

If anyone is still wanting to make this CAL pattern, it is listed on eBay right now and ends on 03/28/06.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-UNUSUAL-SCRAP-YARN-AFGHANS-Crochet-Pattern-PATTERNS_W0QQitemZ8270575676QQcategoryZ11797QQcmdZViewItem

:hook

well i sent mine off to my friend.. their birthday was march 22nd.. lets just say they were over joyed.. liked it so much i got a call the next day thanking me again ! after requesting they open it on the phone wiht me .. hehe

I'm not surprised at all that your gift was well received. That was a lovely ghan you did.

Madelyn

hi, all-

anybody out there still working on this one? I will be getting started on it later today, and wonder if I will be alone?:think

My colors will be earthly, and yes, it will use up some of my RedHeart stash (:cheer ).

Happy Spring! :yay

hi, Danielle,

Yeah, I know what you mean about school. How many children do you have, and how old are they? What colors are you using?

I got to the 10th round yesterday, and will do some more today.

It's nice to meet you!

Madelyn, love your colors!

Hi everyone. I'm still planning on finishing mine... just gotta get that lapghan done for my friend. I'll be checkin in to see what you are doing in the mean time!

So......... Go, team, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay team!

I'm still here too. I haven't done much crochet lately- the sun is actually starting to come out around here, plus hubby has picked up a second job and our routine is totally wrecked around here. We'll adjust- I just need to remind myself to take time for myself and crochet!

I hear you on that one, Julie, we too have been cold and dark for too long. I have decided to make a promise to myself that for every 2 hours I spend doing "gotta do's" I earn 1 hour of crocheting. We all need to make the time to stay sane, right?

:clap I am very happy to see that there are so many of you that are still working on this one, and look forward to chatting with everyone. I will be back soon....my hook is calling me :hook ....hmmm need another 10minute supper idea :lol

I'm still here too. I haven't done much crochet lately- the sun is actually starting to come out around here, plus hubby has picked up a second job and our routine is totally wrecked around here. We'll adjust- I just need to remind myself to take time for myself and crochet!

I have two other afghans going, a tote bag, a hat, a couple of sweaters. . . the list just goes on and on! There are a lot of late spring birthdays in my family, so I'm trying to get things finished. My LB 'ghan will likely go to my great aunt in OK, assuming I can get my rear in gear

It's good to see so many people still in here! :manyheart

hi, Celeste!

I like the sound of your colors...I bet it's coming out pretty. What other WIP's are you working on?

hi, Madeline!

I am looking forward to stitchin' with you on this one!

Great Leanne. :D This one will take me awhile though. It's at my mom's and I work on it when I'm there. I stayed with her last night but was too tired to even think about counting stitches.

Madelyn

Is your mom ok? How often do you get to stay with her?

I am slow going, too, with a lot of WIP's, but that's half the fun! At least I am never bored, right? We'll stick together on this one, ok? What round are you on?

Is your mom ok? How often do you get to stay with her?

I am slow going, too, with a lot of WIP's, but that's half the fun! At least I am never bored, right? We'll stick together on this one, ok? What round are you on?

Yes, she's fine. A lot of my work is in NY so I stay with her sometimes instead of driving back & forth. The times vary each month. I think for now on I'll always leave a project there to work on. Of course the FOs will remain there too. I don't remember what round I'm on. Next time I work on it I will keep track.

Madelyn

cool!

What part of Jersey are you in? the commute must stink! BTW, I saw your avatar on your blog, is that a Yankees hat I see? I probably shouldn't tell you I am in Boston :rofl....oh well, Damon looks better with a haircut :heehee:wink!!!

Archived