Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

I'm down in southern NJ. The commute can definitely be trying. From my house to my office it's 102 miles. From my mom's house to my office is 22 miles. Big difference. Luckily I don't have to go to the office everyday.

Yep that is indeed a Yankees cap. As for your being a Boston fan, ouch :eek!! I'll say no more on the subject:D

Madelyn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm down in southern NJ. The commute can definitely be trying. From my house to my office it's 102 miles. From my mom's house to my office is 22 miles. Big difference. Luckily I don't have to go to the office everyday.

Yep that is indeed a Yankees cap. As for your being a Boston fan, ouch :eek!! I'll say no more on the subject:D

Madelyn

yeah, yeah, I know... and thanks! We are just waiting to see what happens this year...:dreaming

Anyway, I :frog'd the last few rounds, I liked the color, but I got a stiff batch of Red Heart, and I don't like how it feels. I think sometimes with the darker colors, they get scratchy. I will be displaying this one, so I want it PERFECT, ya know? I will be out of pocket probably till Friday, as I have a few WIPS to finish by then, and I need to redo what I undid. When are you going back to mom's?

p.s. how far south? my sis used to live in Cape May, it's pretty there...

I am new to this and trying to find something to get involved in with other people and I have some yarn that I need to do something with. Is the pattern called something else in Afghans for all Seasons? I would be interested in doing it but not sure what pattern it is.

Hi Rosette,

Yes, I think someone mentioned it was also in another pattern booklet by another name. It's probably the one you're talking about if it looks the same .

Go right ahead and join in .. I think there are a few ladies left out there still working on this !

What colors were you thinking of ?

I am new to this and trying to find something to get involved in with other people and I have some yarn that I need to do something with. Is the pattern called something else in Afghans for all Seasons? I would be interested in doing it but not sure what pattern it is.

---------

Hi Rosette, yes in that book it's called the Stitch Sampler (I also have that book).

Hi Rosette,

Yes, I think someone mentioned it was also in another pattern booklet by another name. It's probably the one you're talking about if it looks the same .

Go right ahead and join in .. I think there are a few ladies left out there still working on this !

What colors were you thinking of ?

--------

Hi Julie! Nothing else to say. :P

Good morning Renee ,and everyone else !

I hope you are all still bobbling along in here . Sorry I have been out doing the FUNKY CHICKEN lately and haven't checked in as often as I should have .

:ducky

Hope you all have a great day today and get more done on your afghans !

Barb, sounds great!! I put this afghan away for a bit to stitch on another. I think I need to get it out and start it again. It was just taking forever on those last rows! haha

Can't wait to see your afghan colors Barb :hug

I didn't MEAN to start this afghan. Really I didn't. But I ran out of the yarn I was making the second Scripture afghan out of and then realized I had made a major mistake in the color scheme.. I was D'ing where I should've been B'ing. DOH.

While I'm sorting things through in my mind and trying to decide whether to frog the squares, make them into something else or donate them....The LnB pattern popped up and waved and tempted me saying.. "Look At ME!! I'm Easy, I won't take much time. I will take your mind off your scripture square woes"

I fell for it. I was past the first round of bobbles, fast approaching the second round, when I ran out of yarn AGAIN. only 43 sc's from the edge of a round. Arrrggghhh... Now, do I just piece it out with a similar color, a completely different color or should I buy another skein? I bought another skein. :lol

In the meantime, while I was waiting to get to the store to buy another skein, the Joann's Rainbo Boucle that I just HAD to buy from eBay, grabbed me and said.. "you know I want to be a crocheted pi shawl.. please, please use me."

Again, I fell for it. So, now I have currently, an way neglected Cathedral Rose Window afghan in progress, a 2nd Scripture Afghan in progress, a LnB in progress, a Rainbo Boucle shawl in progress, a Red/White/Blue baby blanket (for the Project Linus TAPS project) in progress, and that's just the ones I want to think about.

Has anyone considered making the LnB all in one color? I was thinking it might look really nice as a baby blanket made in solid white..

Anyone know how to turn my brain off???? ;)

WOW Lisa

All I can say is BETTER YOU THAN ME !!!!

How you guys juggle so many things at once always baffles me .

Good luck ~~ :)

A huge pile of yarn (with their co-conspirators, hooks and patterns) seems to congregate anywhere I sit for more than 10 minutes.. LOL

I truly wish I could be more single minded.

Lisa

I USED to be single-minded . This is a bad place to hang out if you want to keep on track with one project at a time. There's always new patterns, new crochetalongs, new colors you want to try .

This is like putting an alcoholic in a bar being the bartender . :lol

I am the same way Lisa! I have about 4 crocheted things going on right now along with 4 or 5 big cross stitch projects as well. I get bored and have to move onto something else that I have going. I do try not to start anything else (unless a baby is born or something) when I have this much going. As I finish one, I'll then add another.

My mother and teachers always told me that was the sign of a creative mind. So, that's what I'm sticking too!!:hook

Hi Lisa, Nancy, Barb, Julie :hi and everyone else...

I am finishing up some projects and JUST DYING to get back onto my pretty little alpacaghan... so I will be back here!

Barb, your colors sound so nice! Glad your pattern came in. :cheer

Lisa... you are in good company here :lol

Nancy, your cross stitch projects are really pretty!

I am the same way Lisa! I have about 4 crocheted things going on right now along with 4 or 5 big cross stitch projects as well. I get bored and have to move onto something else that I have going. I do try not to start anything else (unless a baby is born or something) when I have this much going. As I finish one, I'll then add another.

My mother and teachers always told me that was the sign of a creative mind. So, that's what I'm sticking too!!:hook

I dont even want to think about Cross-Stitch right now. My son, in a fit of anger, vaccumed up the thread I had for a project.. about 2/3 of the way done. And it was one of those that come prepackaged..so I don't know what colors to replace them with. Everytime I think about it I could just cry.

On top of that, it was a brand new vaccum.

He feels bad about it now. I had to walk out of the room to keep from yelling at him excessively.

Sometimes I think I should just get it framed in it's unfinished state and give it to him as an example of why it's bad to lose your temper. LOL

Julie, for some reason I thought you were a person who only did one project at a time. (and I have been trying to figure out how you were crocheting so fast .. since you seem to start a lot of CAL's.. :lol:lol:lol ) I guess I should converse more rather than just read posts.

I have many other unfinished crochet projects. I recently found one in a box under the bed that dates back probably 19 years .. I don't think it will fit the baby any more!!!

I have many other unfinished crochet projects. I recently found one in a box under the bed that dates back probably 19 years .. I don't think it will fit the baby any more!!!

You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now. Thanks for the wonderful giggle and yes...I have things that I started that long ago too that I have found.

We're in this together! :hook:hug:hook

Archived