Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Hi Nancy -

You might have to go back and count again to make sure you have the right number of stitches . The pattern kinda gradually goes from ENDING AT the corner, into ending a couple stitches BEFORE the corner. I'm on round 20 and so far, I have the right number of stitches . The round I had trouble GETTING the right number was round 13.. I had to redo it several times to come up with 120 .

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now I'm confused! ROFL! I have the right number of stitches... It is really funny for me as I've been crocheting 32 years and I've never had a problem with an afghan pattern! Guess there's a first time for everything, huh? :lol

I'm going to go back and count again... As Arnold says... I'll be back! :hook

EDITED to say that I figured it out. When I sl st'd to the one dc, I was counting THAT dc as the one that has the ch3. It should be the dc one and that leaves one more before the ch2sp for the tr. I feel MUCHO better and can continue on! Woohoo!:yay

EDITED to say that I figured it out. When I sl st'd to the one dc, I was counting THAT dc as the one that has the ch3. It should be the dc one and that leaves one more before the ch2sp for the tr. I feel MUCHO better and can continue on! Woohoo!:yay

It's this pattern I think. It's pretty simple but I've discovered you have to read the instructions a few times before it's clear.

Madelyn

I havent started mine yet, but I cant seem to decide on a color.... If I choose to stash bust do I have to use the same weight yarn? I mean if I do one part in rh and some more in lion chenille T&Q, will it look wonkey?

I would think you'd want to use the same weight yarn or something really close. I think the T&Q would be way too bulky.

I havent started mine yet, but I cant seem to decide on a color.... If I choose to stash bust do I have to use the same weight yarn? I mean if I do one part in rh and some more in lion chenille T&Q, will it look wonkey?

Patti,

Here's the link for instructions for posting photos: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40

Madelyn

Madelyn

Thank you so much for helping me with this. But it's Greek to me, so I'll just post my photo album addy. Hope that's OK. The pic of this cal is in the knit and crochet album. Hope you all like it. I'm kind of using the same colors as the pattern shows.

Patty in MI

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pattylee49640/my_photos

Here's a pic of mine... I am doing mine in all different colors and types of yarns... I think it will be very interesting!

I stopped last night just when I started round 15:

th_1-1-0514rows.jpg

*click to enlarge*

This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Patty in MI

Shelain,

Using different weights of yarn in this would change the guage of certain rows and patterns, and probably not look right. Probably using the same weight of yarn throughout would be better. Just my humble opinion.

Patty in MI

I'm on row 20 and here's what I've used so far with my stash busting...

ww, TLC Macaroon, boucle and RH Casual Cotton. I haven't had a problem with any of them. I do plan to use my chenille t&q as well! I think it will have interesting colors and textures this way.

:hug

Hi all well here i sit waiting very impatiently for my pattern to get here. I have my yarn country blues/burgandy/rose/off white/and a varigated called country print.Most of it was stash. You all are getting so far I probably won't get my pattern till the end of the week or the beginning of next week. Its a shame this would have been the perfect week to start I have no kids this week till friday. I have a job interview thursday so in 3 more weeks if i get the job i may not have a daycare any more. I will miss the kids but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills LOL. Here i am rambling on but i have nothing to work on and i dont like much TV. So I guess i will tell you about myself and maybe you will tell me about yourselves. I am 45, I have been crocheting since i was 9 or 10. But never anything complicated just simple stitches and easy patterns. Till lately i want to try more complicated stuff. I have a 16 year old son and my 84 year old Mum lives with us. I run a child day care for the past year before that i was a licensed practical nurse but lost my job due to hospital politics.I had only been there for 23 years.Oh well one door closes another opens. I love the daycare but it doesnt always pay the bills. So it's back to nursing for me.Well I hope I haven't bored you too much. The mailman is gong to be scared of me in the next few days while i stalk him LOL I can't wait to start this.

Marnie, it's so nice to get to know you. I'll tell you about me:

I am 40 and a SAHM (starting a new job from home in March). I have been married 17+ years and have 2 children (12 and 8). Oh yea..my third child is my mini schnauzer named Lucy. haha I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old having been taught sc, dc and turning by my grandmother. I am self taught beyond that and love every kind of afghan from easy to hardest. I have done a few layettes and other things in my days, but I always come back to afghans. I love the feel of the yarns as they take shape on my lap. I always loved seeing my grandma stitch like that.

:manyheart

We just moved to Oregon from northern sierra California the end of August. Yes, we CHOSE to live here. hahaha We love the weather here with the rain and all. I do miss the snow, but we did have it snow here a few weeks ago and coat the ground. That was nice.

I think that's about it and if I think of anything else, I'll let ya know!

:hook

Madelyn

Thank you so much for helping me with this. But it's Greek to me, so I'll just post my photo album addy. Hope that's OK. The pic of this cal is in the knit and crochet album. Hope you all like it. I'm kind of using the same colors as the pattern shows.

Patty in MI

You're welcome Patty. I'm not good at explaining things. Your afghan is looking good :cheer

Madelyn

I have my yarn country blues/burgandy/rose/off white/and a varigated called country print.Most of it was stash.

**********Hi Marnie, Your colors sound really pretty. Don't worry about us getting too far ahead. There will be some that go full steam ahead and get it done in no time, then there will be ones that start in a couple of months. It's kind of fun to see how they are looking so far, isn';t it.*******

i may not have a daycare any more. I will miss the kids but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills LOL.

*********Marnie, I had a day care in my home for 22 years. 1 1'/2 years ago I went into business with my hubby, and I love being out of the home now. Life changes, and you are right, it wasn't a steady income...*****

Welcome,. and join in when you can.

Patty in MI

You're welcome Patty. I'm not good at explaining things. Your afghan is looking good :cheer

Madelyn

Madelyn,

You explained it very well, but I'm just not very computer literate. Thanks on your kind words on my ghan. It sure is fun.

Patty in MI

Madelyn

Patty in MI

Patty, it is looking great! I just love seeing each one's color schemes! :hook

Hi Patty where abouts are you in MI I am in port huron and thanks for you kind words. your L&B is looking great You do some nice stuff on the loom too.

Hi Nancy nice to meet you too. Oregon sounds like a nice place i like the rain and the snow, right now its raining here, most of the snow is gone but its supposed to start again real soon. Thats one thing about Michigan it doesnt stay the same weather for long.

Hi Patty where abouts are you in MI I am in port huron and thanks for you kind words. your L&B is looking great You do some nice stuff on the loom too.

Hi Marnie,

I'm up near Traverse City. Glad you like the ghan. I didnt work on it today, and I probably won't now. We'll see. I haven't been off the computer for a while...

Patty in MI:)

WOW!! I've only been away for a few hours and I've missed so much! :lol

Thank you for the compliments on my progress. It's so fun seeing everyone's work! They all look wonderful!

You ladies have been busy! this is my first CAL and I love it! I love seeing the different color combos everyone is using! I love getting to know you each a little better! And I love that I have you all here to ask questions of or to help along the way. I sincerely love Crochetville! :manyheart

A little about me: I'm 32, originally from Minnesota. Hubby and I got married in Oct '02, hubby got promotion & got custody of his two kids and we all moved down here to Florida in July '03. Talk about change!!! :eek Leah is 18 now, graduating this spring and going to University of Tampa (private college) next year to start pre-med and Josh is 16 and is actively invloved in NJROTC at his high school. They are both great kids, but I was very used to being on my own at 29 years old. It took us ALL a while to get adjusted. But we've adjusted quite well. We all get along VERY well. I feel blessed to have that kind of relationship with each of them.

I do miss Minnesota immensly! I moved 1600 miles from everything (family, friends, job, etc) I knew to start anew with hubby. I love the lifestyle we have down here - I do like that it doesn't get SO cold here in the winter that you hesitate to go out. It was really warm here today -- too warm for T-shirt and jeans. I'm not "bragging" about that - I actually find it quite disturbing for January weather! :lol I miss the seasons of MN, though. I've vowed to myself now that Leah is done with High School (I've been very involved in her color guard/band activites), I'm taking a break in Sept every year to fly back home for a few days. Fall is my favortie time of year when the air is crisp and a sweater and jeans is just enough to keep you toasty.

Oh, crochet.....my Mom taught me when I was about 8 - I lost interest very quickly. I don't think I ever finished anything. In 2000, I went to the library and checked out a few books to refresh my memory and started back up. I taught my Leah how to and then lost interest again. I picked up my hook again in June after visiting my Step-mom (who is an avid crocheter) - she got me all fired up about it again!!!! XOXOX mmmwwahhh! I can never thank her enough!! Now, I'm a hopeless cause. My hubby was in shock when I told him we had to go to WalMart so I could get some plastic totes to organize my yarn. He was like "Plastic totes?!?! How much yarn do you HAVE?" :eek

I laughed! He's okay with it, as long as I don't take over the whole house! :lol I think he likes that I make things for his family, too.

Anyway (sorry to ramble on) -- that's me -- in a nutshell. :D

Eveing Ladies,i have been without power all day so could not get on here to post,welcome to the new ladies.

Ok i totally frogged the whole thing,i just could not get into the colors and it was twisting enyway,its not doing it on the new one so i dont know what i did wrong on the last one,my dear hubby says im to much of a prefectionest but i say i just want it to look right,lol.

Oh..im on row 38.Wheres everyone at on theres??

Marnie:your colors sound really nice,i hope your pattern come tommorw.

Ok here is the updated photos of mine.Its green colors.The dark color you seeis a dark sage,not black.

64a2d180.jpg

Close up of colors

e88170c2.jpg

Shaylen- Wow yours looks so nice. I love green, its my favorite color.

I'm on row 29 and for some reason where it transitions from round to square, mine doesnt want to lay flat:angry . Did anyone else have this problem? I always had the right amount of stitches. I knew it was going too good:( I dont know if I should keep going or start frogging:think Was yours doing that when you started over?

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Mine didnt do that,it allways layed flat,on mine the whole center square was twisting.Are you by chance getting tighter with your stitches as you go??thats what it sounds like to me,maybe after the center flower you should go up a hook size and see if that helps,ive done that before and it works sometimes..Im using a size I hook and all red heart yarn.

Thanks for the comment on mine.

I bet the yarn is the problem. I'm using a little of this and a little of that;) Trying to use up my scraps/stash. The yarn I used in the center seemed alot softer than the rest. I'm going to try blocking it lightly. Otherwise its:frog

Kathy

Archived