Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

You and me both, Cristin!

what other WIP's do YOU have going?

I'm going to have to stop adding any more projects to my list!!

My #1 resolution this year is to cut the stress in my life....so far it hasn't worked very well. :lol I had an ongoing WIP list on my desk at work, I put it in a drawer this morning...I feel like it was creating unnecessary anxiety for me. I'm trying to just do the nest thing in front of me. I think my next move is to FINISH each WIP before I pick up another. :eek That would take some discipline!! (kind of scary)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what other WIP's do YOU have going?

Well, I'm 14 squares into the 35 Grannies CAL, I have a couple purses that I need to finish (no rush on those), this CAL and I want to do the Fendi bag. I'm in the 2006 Square a Month swap and the Winter wool swap as well. I try to keep up with doing as many chemo caps as I can squeeze in time for and also work on charity stuff with my quilting group (I'm the only person in my quilting group that crochets instead of quilts LOL). I also make pretty much all of the gifts that I give so anytime an event comes up, I try to make something. There are a jillion things I want to make... just so little time to work on things!:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

Well, I'm 14 squares into the 35 Grannies CAL, I have a couple purses that I need to finish (no rush on those), this CAL and I want to do the Fendi bag. I'm in the 2006 Square a Month swap and the Winter wool swap as well. I try to keep up with doing as many chemo caps as I can squeeze in time for and also work on charity stuff with my quilting group (I'm the only person in my quilting group that crochets instead of quilts LOL). I also make pretty much all of the gifts that I give so anytime an event comes up, I try to make something. There are a jillion things I want to make... just so little time to work on things!:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

my oh my! You are busy. I love the crochet/quilting thing! :lol I love that you're doing it and that everyone is letting you do it -- know what I mean? Never know in this PC world of ours.....

Hey, question for you....what types of things do you make for quick gifts? I have a friend up north who's b-day is the 21st. I don't have much time to make something really special, but i want to do something for her. She went back to college and just completed a supervisory program with a 4.0!!! Any ideas?

Hey, question for you....what types of things do you make for quick gifts? I have a friend up north who's b-day is the 21st. I don't have much time to make something really special, but i want to do something for her. She went back to college and just completed a supervisory program with a 4.0!!! Any ideas?

Well, if you have some wool lying around, you could make a really quick felted purse or cell phone bag. Cell phone purses are so easy... just make a rectangle that when folded in half is large enough for the phone. If you are going to felt it, then make it about 1/3 larger than you want the finished product to be. I usually like to make the handles with either a long single crochet strap or twisted yarn. Make it long enough to fit across and over her shoulder (canteen style). Embellish it with a really cute button.

Scarves and scollars also make quick gifts. I also like to get a nice basket, line it with some hand made face cloths, add some special soaps and lotions and wala! Spa Basket!

Thanks, Mare, for the suggestions.

I just remembered another friend's b-day on Wednesday. She's going through chemo, so I'm making her a hat. Finding some cool patterns at CPC!! Love that place!!

i'm almost finished cross stitching the taz to the afghan so I will be with you guys soon....:lol when I finally post a picture of it your gonna have a good laugh cause I kinda made the head a little big and he looks so funny....but , he is staying that way...a new version of taz....:lol

Heres where I am

January024.jpg

Row 21. Does it look okay so far?

I just started 22 and added on Country Blue:D

Looks wonderful! Love the greens!!!:clap I'm hoping to work on mine tonight

Danielle, looks great. I love the greens.

My progress so far is I've completed row 38. I'm kind of dreading the next row, it's the bobbles!!:eek:eek

th_DSCF0204a.jpg

Madelyn

I love your colors. What kind of yarn ar you using? That is beautiful:manyheart

The pictures i've seen so far are beautiful! I'm just going to use up some of my stash,i hope it turns out looking o.k. My new year resolution is to use up some of my yarn before i buy more,or my husband will kill me!LOL

Danielle, looks great. I love the greens.

My progress so far is I've completed row 38. I'm kind of dreading the next row, it's the bobbles!!:eek:eek

th_DSCF0204a.jpg

Madelyn

Looking good Madelyn! I got to do one row tonight as I'm so tired. I'm onto row 27 tomorrow I believe. I have a few more rows til the bobbles! haha

Madelyn -Love the colors- it reminds me of the desert ! VERY pretty. I 've never used Lion Brand Suede before but I hear lots of good comments about it ! It must be a nice yarn !

It sounds like several of us are about in a tie for first place-- all around the halfway point . I keep telling myself it's halfway, ( but it's not really ) since each row gets bigger and bigger !

It sure is a pretty pattern though ! I have started one in a different color for my daughter in law. She flipped when she saw it and wants one in browns -- her favorite color .

Keep up the good work you guys !

Wow...everyones is looking great,love the suede look Madelyn,very sharp.I was sick the last couple of days so didnt get much done,still on row 49 hope to work on it more today now that im feeling batter.

Way to go ladies,everyone is doing great.

GOOD MORNING LADIES !!!

Nice to see you all here again today . I wanted to take a minute to thank each and every one of you for signing up for this, being great posters and being dedicated to this afghan . You are all making this group a great success !

Keep those hooks smoking ! Hopefully some of you will get some spare time off this weekend that you can crochet !!:hook

Your fearless leader ,

The Fruitcake :fruitcake

:D

I'm on row 26! Yay! I agree-I love this pattern and plan on making at least one more.

Well, let me take a little time to tell everyone about myself. I am a 34 SAHM with 3 beautiful kids (Ally 7, Zachary 5, and Ty 16 months) the youngest of which has a mild form of cerebral palsy (hemiparesis if anyone knows what that is). So, I have my hands full! Oh, and how could I forget my yarn patient DH. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was 13 or so but didn't pick it back up again until just a couple years ago. And, you know what? She has been knitting over the years! Once she saw that I picked up crocheting she started again, too. What an awesome thing to do: sit and crochet with my grandma and my daughter who is learning.

I'm done rambling. I love seeing and hearing about everyones progress. It gives me the inspiration to keep the hook moving! :hug

Archived