Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Oh My Gosh, Stacy -

Cherish every minute that you can with your grandma. What a wonderful picture that makes, seeing you crocheting together with her . I only wish I would have had that opportunity . My grandma did all types of handiwork, crochet and quilting were the main ones I knew of. I don't know if she could knit too . She passed away when I was newly married with small kids and I really didn't take the time to learn from her . I already had taught myself the basics but it would have been wonderful to have her helping me out !

Time is SO short, ladies...especially with senior members of your family. Cherish every moment with them . Someday you'll be glad you did !

That is my TIP FOR THE DAY .

I LOVE GIVING TIPS . My grown kids run for their life when they hear me start on one of them .. they say OH NO............MOM IS WINDING UP FOR ANOTHER PEP TALK !!!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I"m up to the bobbles stitches. at first i was having a little bit of a problem. I solved that problem. where it said to drop yarn and to pick up color c.and join with slip st to first sc, do not finish off. i just finish off row 38 and join colot c with the wrong side facing to work row 39 that way. and its much easy to work. I love this pattern and all the different stitches it has.

Crystal,

Just to clarify - you worked row 39 on the wrong side?

Madelyn

Okay I got through the bobble row with no problem. I did have to do less loops though due to the thickness of the suede yarn. I have just about depleted my stash of suede. I'm hoping Rag Shop will have it on sale again so I can restock. Meanwhile I think I will get started on another one, this one with only two colors, purple and lilac.

Madelyn

Madelyn

Those colors would be really pretty in this pattern !

Yes Julie, I think so. And I have the yarn already as I've been wanting to make granny square afghan with it. This L&B afghan seems to be fast moving so I'll make better progress plus use up some more of the stash.

Madelyn

. Meanwhile I think I will get started on another one, this one with only two colors, purple and lilac.

Madelyn

Madelyn,

Purple and lilac sound so pretty together. I can picture it in my mind how it would look. Can hardly wait to see. hurry...lol

Patty in MI:yay

Okay I got through the bobble row with no problem. I did have to do less loops though due to the thickness of the suede yarn. I have just about depleted my stash of suede. I'm hoping Rag Shop will have it on sale again so I can restock. Meanwhile I think I will get started on another one, this one with only two colors, purple and lilac.

Madelyn

j

I think those colors would be lovely too! Can't wait to see!:hook

How's everyone coming ? I'm on row 46 . As soon as I finish this one up, I will post a photo, then I need to head over to the Flower Garden -along. I started that and have been severely neglecting it, so as soon as this one is done, I need to head over there and get my buns moving before they string me up ! :eek

You all have a good time in here, keep on working and keep on posting . I'll check in as time permits , and if anyone needs me, I'm a PM or EM away !

How's everyone coming ? I'm on row 46

I'm on round 42 of the suede, round 4 of the purple/lilac.

My grandson has been here this weekend so crocheting time has been limited, especially with all the counting in this project. I did however get two quick hats whipped up for him. :)

Madelyn

Doing good here,up to row 59,i will get a photo posted later tonight.My grandson was here for the weekend to so not alot done here either,but i sure love that little guy and it was worth every missed stitch.

Doing good here,up to row 59,i will get a photo posted later tonight.My grandson was here for the weekend to so not alot done here either,but i sure love that little guy and it was worth every missed stitch.

Alright Shaylen you are way up there, you go!!!!:clap

Aren't grandchildren wonderful? Until you catch one playing in your flower plant with one of your crocheting hooks :hook:hook like I did today. Jeez, can't even put the project down for a hot second around here.

Madelyn

You all are flying! I haven't been able to crochet OR cross stitch any this weekend. I was printing up invitations, envelopes and rsvp cards for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. We kids are throwing it for them and I am organizing it all and just got these invites done!! It's pretty much smooth sailing except for waiting for rsvp's to come back and collect money from my other siblings. I am the youngest of 7 children and I cannot wait to see everyone there!!!:clap

I'll be getting back to my afghan tomorrow night. Can't wait for that either as I love working on this afghan.

Ok, I decided that I had lurked long enugh. I took the plunge and started mine tonight! I have made it through round 11 and I have read in previous post's that this is where some of you had trouble, so I am putting it down till the kid sare asleep. I was going to start the sampler stripes but I changed my mind. Maby soon I will have something picture worthy and I can talk dh into fixing my cable thingy so I can post a pic. Wish me luck!

Welcome, Shelain ! Glad you decided to join us !

Nancy and Madelyn - I know what you mean about crocheting time when your grandkids are with you. It's very limited, but I would much rather spend some time with my grandson now , while he's small. I have watched him full time since he was newborn and he is 3 1/2 now, so I don't have much time during weekdays to do much but play . He's just starting to like games now, so we play a lot of Chutes and Ladders, Ants in the Pants and Don't Spill the Beans. His favorite is Hi Ho Cherry- O. I bet we have played that game 7000 times ! I also found him a youg kid's version of UNO with Curious George on it, so he loves that too .

I figure I'd better spend every spare second I can with him. He's growing so fast and all my other grandkids live out of state so I rarely see them .

There will be plenty of time for crochet when he goes off to school !

Shaylen - you're doing great ! I'm now on row 50 --- it's getting so big now that the rows go a LOT slower than they once did !

I got a little time this weekend to sit down with this one. I'm on rnd 14 right now -- I put it down last night cuz my counts kept getting screwed up somehow. I counted VERY carefully while crocheting each round, so I'm not sure where the mishap is, but I'll figure it out during lunchtime today. Hopefully, I won't have to :2frog any!!

Nancy and Madelyn - I know what you mean about crocheting time when your grandkids are with you.

Are you meaning me here Julie? If so, I don't have grandchildren. My children are 8 and 12. Not old enough to give me grand kids yet. haha

Huggers and I got up to row 33 last night! :yay

I'll take a pic later and post it. I am really liking the way it's turning out.

I am being very careful with counting everything because I don't want to frog too much :) I'm hoping to get a good dent in this by next monday, that's when my surgery is. Hopefully I will only be out of commision for a day or 2 (I'm having laposcopic surgery), but it may be longer. I also have to whip up a couple of birthday presents this week, so who knows. I'm half way done with round 37.

lunchtime is over and I just finished round 16. Now I have to go back and make sure I have enough stitches in each round..it went pretty smooth so I'm hoping it's all okay.

You go Shelain!! I can't afford to stay up that late anymore....getting too old. LOL

Danielle - you'll have no problems finishing this one before your surgery, I'm sure.

I was hoping to get to 19, but I spent a lot of tiem counting and recounting. I have a very bad habit of only reading the first line or two for each round/row on patterns and then I get to the last bit (beyond the *) and find out I did it wrong from the beginning so I'm trying to be very careful with this one.

WHOOPS !!!

Sorry, Nancy - I meant Madelyn and Shaylen about the grandkids. It gets a little confusing at times when I try to answer a whole bunch of people in one post .

Sorry about that !

Got my grandson here now, so I gotta go read him some new books I just got him !

Talk later tonight -

Archived