Turtle potholders

DesertCrocheter

My friend T has several turtles and tortoises as pets, so I made her these potholders (linked to the pattern from CPC, although I don't have the pattern name in front of me) for Christmas. Made from Sugar n Cream in dark pine and their variegated green. And yes, that a TOTC I hook I also gave her in the photo. I tried to make a larger turtle (the pattern is for the two small potholders), and as you can see, the large one is lopsided as far as the feet go and doesn't lie flat, but she liked it and it was a learning experience for me, so I'm only slightly embarrassed. :blush Thanks for looking, Patty

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/Tspotholders.jpg

I love these! I think the small ones would make great holders for small potted plants! I'd love to know where the pattern for these is when you get a chance!!

:clap:hook

Nancy, you can link to the pattern from crochetpatterncentral.com or directly at geocities.com/lindaslists/turtleph.htm. (Hope I got all those correct--let me know if I left something in the address out.) If you can increase it so as to make a big turtle that lays flat and has feet spaced evenly around the body, let me know! I thought I had so carefully counted stitches and divided and increased where I needed to, and I still got it wrong. I'll leave the pattern creating to you people with talent for it! Patty

Archived