Karate instuctors Christmas gift afghan

mseavey2

My sons Karate instructor has helped my son more then any one could believe. Not only has he given him his confidence back, but he has also restored his self esteem. I didn't think that was even possible. So for Christmas, I decided to make him a christmas / thank you gift. He was quite dumbfounded. As you can tell, he was quite pleased with it. Take a look.

47b5cc07b3127cce964bb6412c7e00000035118AZOWbNm5cuG

WOW! That's amazing!

I have to ask... How long did that take you???

I did a Dolphins pillow for my DH for Christmas but next year I want to make him a Buccaneers afghan just like that but with the Tampa Bay logo... Any pointers?? Did you do DC or SC?

Again, it's just amazing!!!!!!!!!

That is really, really awesome! It looks like professional quality =)

I would love to make a Buccaneers one as well being a Tampa native and all, so Donna if you find a pattern for one, can you please let me know where =)

That is really, really awesome! It looks like professional quality =)

I would love to make a Buccaneers one as well being a Tampa native and all, so Donna if you find a pattern for one, can you please let me know where =)

LOL I'm just going to do what I did for the pillow. I'm going to take the logo and import it into my Plastic Canvas Creator software... Once I do, I can send you the graph if you'd like...

Of course, I hope that it's possible to do this in DC as I don't know if I could handle another graph project all in SC! LOL

Fabulous work. It looks SO good. I too am interested in the details of how you came up with the pattern what stitches you used etc . I have 2 rabid bronco's fans in my family who would LOVE something like that and One BIL who recently signed with an arena football team who would be thrilled to recieve one of those in his teams logo.

It took me 2 months to make it. I used the afghan stitch and then I cross stitched the emblem on the helmet. The lettering I wrote out on graph paper then I cross stitched it on the afghan. So far, I have made a Patriots one and then the Raiders one. I must admit, I never thought I would get either of them done before Christmas.

WOW! That is awesome. My son is a Raider Fan. My ex-husband's whole family is raider fans. I purchased Raider material one year and made 4 throws for them for Christmas. This was after we divorced I found the material. I gave it to the kids and they gave them to there dad and uncle's for Christmas. I'm making notes of what you said and copying your picture and hope some day I can do it. My son would love it. Thanks for sharing.

Marlene

I must admit, he did flip. He won't even put it out on his couch at home. His children have asked him to use it, and he won't let anyone touch it. He says "it's mine and only mine." Makes me feel good knowing that it was so appreciated.

Archived