Take a look at what I got

Katchkan

My jaw just about hit the floor today when I opened a gift from a long time friend and student. He had made me the most beautiful hook case I have ever seen. It will hold 4 of my steel crochet hooks in style. He told me the types of wood but I can't remember the lighter wood, but the darker wood is Tulip. I was just flabergasted that he would take the time and trouble to make this for me. He doesn't realize how priceless that gift is. It is something I will treasure always.

crochethookcjpg.jpg

crochethookcase.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you! I'm jealous.

My jaw just about hit the floor today when I opened a gift from a long time friend and student. He had made me the most beautiful hook case I have ever seen. It will hold 4 of my steel crochet hooks in style. He told me the types of wood but I can't remember the lighter wood, but the darker wood is Tulip. I was just flabergasted that he would take the time and trouble to make this for me. He doesn't realize how priceless that gift is. It is something I will treasure always.

crochethookcjpg.jpg

crochethookcase.jpg

I have been informed that the light burl wood is Amboya wood. It comes from the tropics. I have been after him for some time to try his hand at doing hooks. So I was expecting a crochet hook. I keep telling him how we need egornomic hooks with wood handles for us poor thread people. He did get a hook from me last week to put in a handle. But he said it needed dressed up and he would work on refining it. I can't wait to see it done.

Impressive! My husband (who whittles my hooks) took a long look and was impressed. He always dreams of getting the wood turner that does that. He is always drooling over different woods. He loved the woods. Thanks for sharing!

Man, talk about the eye candy being posted tonight! First I see Elizabeth's gorgeous hook, and now this!

That case couldn't have found a more fitting home, truly a perfect fit! What a wonderful gift!

crochethookcjpg.jpg

crochethookcase.jpg

I is abosolutely Precious!! You are so very lucky.

Melanie

Archived