Christmas Taz-Ghan Finished!

jingles96

About 10 months ago Vicki (mythunderbird) very kindly sent me the Looney Tunes Afghan pamplet in Germany. About a week before Thanksgiving I started on the Taz Afghan for my brother for Christmas and I finished it last week. I took a week and a half off to work on my fiances blanket, then just started working on this for 2-3 evenings after work M-F for 4 weeks. :) It had a LOT of ends and strings of yarn to work with for about half of the afghan (around the eyes & ears was particularly bad!), but it turned out GREAT! Thanks so much Vicki!!!!

Oh, the pamphlet wants you to x-stitch the design on after making a huge sc off-white blanket. I just did color changes. I did do some of the backstitching though, but not all of it. I just wanted to be DONE.

Front:

taz_ghan_front_web.jpg

Back:

taz_ghan_back_web.jpg

That is cool. I have seen the book in the store and have thought about buying it. I have a nephew who asked about making him something of Taz. I told him I didn't have a pattern, because at the time I hadn't seen one. But I should he's a teenager and it would be something he would appreciate. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Marlene

It's awesome!!!!! Did you cross stitch it on or crochet it on? I have that same booklet and "started" on the Tweety afghan, I just never got around to cross stitching it on there... Now I'm motivated to finish mine!!! Great job!!!

That's awesome! I'm planning on starting a graph afghan as soon as I finish the Beth's Little Star that I'm doing. I figure I'll be starting by the end of the week. I'm scared!:scared I tried a graph ghan years ago and got very frustrated and threw it away!

Wonderful job!:cheer:clap

It's awesome!!!!! Did you cross stitch it on or crochet it on? I have that same booklet and "started" on the Tweety afghan, I just never got around to cross stitching it on there... Now I'm motivated to finish mine!!! Great job!!!

Donna - I crocheted it in. Some of the half stitch's were crazy trying to figure out how to loop the yarn around to do a half sc in one color and half in another though. I probably could have just skipped all the half stitchs, but I think it looks great. :)

Now that is awsome.:cheer I love Taz.:manyheart You did it like I do. The heck with cross stitch, crochet it in. Looks good. You did a beautiful job, your brother should really like that.:hook

Mary Jo - that is SUCH a compliment coming from you! Really, all your graph ghan's come out so good. Thank you!! :manyheart

Archived