On-going project - afghan

*Dee*

I have an on-going project of an afghan to cover my queen-sized bed. I found an old pattern that I really though would work, using all of the scrap yarn that I have to make the 3" medallions. I have the afghan about 3/4 completed. I love the way it is turning out!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/DeeB1020/8f3584e2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/DeeB1020/7366cad1.jpg

The photo directly above is a close-up of the medallions. I changed several of them, alternating colors of yarn to really get a difference in colors (see the navy & red, royal blue & hot pink and powder blue & beige to mention a few).

When it is all completed, even tho it isn't mentioned in the pattern, I want to edge it. Do you think that just a single stitch all around would be OK?

Thanks for all of the good words!

I have been working on this on and off for the past 2 years, taking times out to do other projects (all my Christmas presents last year and the sweater set for my "adopted" grandchild). I have been working it in stages ..... first, the colored part of the medallions .... then all the white around the medallions. Next was to put together in strips, then put the strips together. Something you can easily put aside when needed and know exactly where you are when you pick it up later.

I have slipstitched all of the medallions together .... I thought that it would be sturdier and not so easily come apart.

Thanks all, again! :2hug

Beautiful afghan! I would be daunted by a queen-sized project. Great use of color! The ridge your slip stitch makes between medallions give it nice texture as well.

Great work! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

That is simply gorgeous! So beautiful. What pattern are you using?

The pattern is called Starburst Afghan and it came from Crafts n' Things, March 1997. Pattern is by Lana Marie Corey.

I don't have the full magazine ... just a copy of the pattern. I don't know where or who I got it from .... all I know is that I always wanted to make it once I got the patern :D

OH MY GOD!!:eek What possesed you to do something that size in such small medallions?? You are one BRAVE lady! It is beautiful and I congratulate you for such tremendous patiences:flower 2 years? wow....i wouldnt have that much patiences.:hook

My first reaction to that beautiful afghan was OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just put together a MAM afghan for a friend that did not want to do it herself and I put a reverse sc around the edge. It really set it off perfect. If you have ridges - as it seems in the pictures - the reverse sc would highly compliment the medallion connections.

Archived